Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• Some improvements for Busto Arsizio: they battled, snatched a set against Scandicci and got close to force a tie-break. Quite impressed by Federica Carletti's numbers.

No problem at all for Chieri in Roma, with some nice contribution from Skinner and Kingdon.

Vallefoglia being Vallefoglia, playing and winning a very close game against Bergamo. The big news is seeing Košeleva on the bench in the last two sets though.

Last but not least, Hancock tried to give some spark to Casalmaggiore but in the end Novara managed to win once again after thursday. Solid contribution from Akimova once again, it looks like she's fitting in very well.

• Overall very good defence by firenze in this game :super:

• I missed Leonardi on court:heart:

If just Nemeth would have played for Firenze instead of staying on the bench behind Storck:whistle:

• 2nd round

NOVARA - CASALMAGGIORE 3-1

Akimova 22, Danesi 13, Buijs 12 / Smarzek 26, Lohuis 14, Perinelli 9

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746323/statistiche/

MVP: Akimova

BERGAMO - VALLEFOGLIA 1-3

Davyskiba 24, Lorrayna 16, Butigan 11 / Mingardi 13, Mancini 12, Aleksic 9

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746324/statistiche/

MVP: Aleksic

BUSTO - SCANDICCI 1-3

Carletti 26, Frosini 16, Sobolska 9 / Antropova 31, Herbots 14, Carol 11

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746325/statistiche/

MVP: Antropova

FIRENZE - PINEROLO 2-3

Ishikawa 23, Alsmeier 18, Graziani 11 / Storck 28, Ungureanu 17, Sorokaite 15

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746326/statistiche/

MVP: Storck

CUNEO - CONEGLIANO 0-3

A.Haak 9, Stigrot 7, Adelusi 7 / I.Haak 17, Plummer 13, Squarcini 11

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746327/statistiche/

MVP: I.Haak

ROMA - CHIERI 0-3

Plak 11, Schwan 9, Bici 7 / Skinner 17, Kingdon 15, Gray 10

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746328/statistiche/

MVP: Skinner

TRENTINO - MILANO 1-3

Shcherban 11, Mason 10, Dehoog 10 / Egonu 25, Sylla 12, Rettke 12

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746329/statistiche/

MVP: Sylla

• This setting won all this CUPs under Wolosz wings. Making Conegliano one of the best club in the history of Italian league. So She doesn’t needs to adapt

She is literally the setter so she needs to adjust the tempo of her sets. This is exactly the same reason why Wenerska performs better than Wolosz in the national team. Wenerska knows how to set her hitters.

• Carletti was impressive

• Pinerolo wins, with full credit in Palazzo Wanny.

The way the match was going, if Firenze had scored three points (or even two) it would have been a real coup, but the result is fair and even a point is, at the moment, is good...

After the match Leonardi and Parisi point the finger at the mistakes made but, even if the differential is in Pinerolo's favor (39 to 50), the key to the match is definitely another...

The Bisonte receives better and the attack percentages are also quite similar, but Pinerolo makes the difference in position 2 where it has Maja Storck really on the ball, who grinds out 28 points, while the Bisonte's equal role scores 11 in two and, in the fifth set, they put one or two balls on the ground: as we had already glimpsed in last week's match, the Bisonte play without O, litterally without one player on court…

In reality there is little else to say about the match other than Storck's sumptuous performance: an ugly match, without any particular inspiration, which provided very little emotion...

on the Bisonte’s side Graziani did well, all the others were very discontinuous, for Pinerolo, behind Storck, there were only ordinary performances from her teammates: Pinerolo however gave the clear impression of being a team with more well-established team mechanisms and it couldn't have been otherwise, given they have been training for a long time with the full roster...

The situation for the Bisonte is now quite gray: the next four matches will all be direct clashes, decisive for the present and future ranking and, in these conditions, although 3 out of 4 will be played at Palazzo Wanny, it seems quite difficult to think of scoring points if the O’s problems will not be resolved…

• I didn't get why Kraiduba didn't play more, she's had a great summer with the Ukrainian team (although she lost the starting spot to Danchak due to slight injury at ECH I believe?).

Could it be she isn't a 100% fit yet? I think Firenze has a lot of potential with their current players, and once a connection between Battistoni and Kraiduba is established they should be able to win more matches :super:

• I didn't get why Kraiduba didn't play more, she's had a great summer with the Ukrainian team (although she lost the starting spot to Danchak due to slight injury at ECH I believe?).

Could it be she isn't a 100% fit yet? I think Firenze has a lot of potential with their current players, and once a connection between Battistoni and Kraiduba is established they should be able to win more matches :super:

Kraiduba have great matches but really bad ones too

There are no official press releases from the team regarding the reason why Kraiduba (how good or not, she is the only O in Florence) is not currently used except for sporadic replacements...

At the same time there is no statement on the status of Montalvo's health, who isn't even on the bench: there are rumors that she won't be available before December, but no one knows what she has...

Kraiduba have great matches but really bad ones too

True... But she would certainly be better than Lazic who, in the end, is a medium/low OH adapted to a role that isn't her...

• Milano vs Scandicci tomorrow. Egonu vs Antropova, Herbots and Zhu Ting. Who do you think will prevail?

I can’t wait for this match :box:

I literally don’t know who is gone win. Everything is open.

Milano is still without Brenda, but still they can win without her. And We still don’t know who is original starting OH duo at Milano side.

• Is that a news? ^^

No, just me wondering how is it possible. USA retired from the tournament, because their players would not be released for the tournament.

PR is not calling any player playing in Europe, because they don't want to risk their contracts there in the future (playing abroad is very important for their development).

Brazil goes with a mixted team.

DR on the other hand manages ti go there with full force (Bethania left AUV, Brenda left her team, Gaila didn't join in Turkey, Martinez sisters didn't sign any cintract).

:D

• B. Martinez in Kazan. But if i am not mistaken, they all have in contract that they can play for Dominikana every time is needed.