Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• I mean it wouldn't be my choice but she might be considered given that Velasco has mentioned that passing is the main problem. But honestly I do not buy the whole Gennari is a good passer. She might be slightly better passer than Degradi for example but the difference is minimal, especially after seeing her choking at the VNL.

I would bet on Bracchi honestly. Yes she's new and it was her first season at Serie A1 but she can also play OPP and her passing is decent. She can sort of be a Sokoraite 2.0. Piva is also a good defensive player but also very new to NT. I guess experience will acount for a lot. But I am positive ITA can do a good job. Pietrini has been doing a good job in Russia (not only against weaker teams but against Moscow and Leningradka for example). Sylla always ups a notch in NT, Kate will have more experience and could help Egonu big time so she isn't super tired, especially given that this club season has been exhausting. She liererally has played every game expect for one and I have seen her having been taken out court due to physical problems at least 5 times.

I don't think Italy needs another average attacker and average receiver. 4th oh will he only used if Sylla or pietrini is choking at the backrow. Then you need to have a confident receiver who get the job done for a few rotations. In this case maybe better bring a good receiver libero as a receiving sub?

• The level is decent and she's doing well. At least in the matches I watched. So Twrzic was right about her. With her in Milano next season in addtion to Sylla, Orro, Egonu and Danesi the team will get a lot of pracrice for the post 2024 NT season haha

Once upon a time, del Core and Gioli also played in Russia, but then the level of this league was higher and they were already experienced players.

• Pietrini is currently the league's best OH alongside Kapustina. She just hasn't played as many matches bc she's been injured a few times.

I don't follow the Russian league very much :P I just hope that Pietrini will be healthy an in good shape for the national team season. If you were to evaluate players from the past, do you think that which of them underused their great talent more: Togut or Ortolani?

• I don't think Italy needs another average attacker and average receiver. 4th oh will he only used if Sylla or pietrini is choking at the backrow. Then you need to have a confident receiver who get the job done for a few rotations. In this case maybe better bring a good receiver libero as a receiving sub?

I dont think they would go for a second libero. I think Velasco would test who the 4th OH would be. C. Bosetti is almost a libero (not as good as her sister truth be told). Unless they train Kate in position 4 too in case Sylla or Pietrini aren't doing well in attack.

• https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…e-del-vincolo-sportivo-2/

"It allows each athlete to freely express their desire to withdraw from the membership obligation at the end of the current sports season."

What cases do this apply for? I guess not for professional players that have contracts.

It's for professional players too, players can be affiliated by a club and have a contract with another club. This is about ending the affiliation not the contract

• https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/…e-del-vincolo-sportivo-2/

"It allows each athlete to freely express their desire to withdraw from the membership obligation at the end of the current sports season."

What cases do this apply for? I guess not for professional players that have contracts.

It is complicated, because each state regulates the issue in its own way and the Italian situation may not be clear to explain or understand in detail...

To put it very simply, volleyball in Italy will continue to be a NON-professional sport, therefore outside the "Bosman ruling" but, unless the athlete is under a multi-year contract or, in any case, at the end of the contract, at the end of each season he will be a sort of "free agent", therefore free to choose where to go and play the next one, without the team of origin being able to claim any rights...

Let's say like it happens in football and other professional sports...

• I'm keeping an eye on matches with playoff implications and Novara is resting most of the starters against Roma. Not a great news for Casalmaggiore.

Such a shame, although very understandable seeing Novara will have to play Chieri and they cannot use more injuries. And Casalmaggiore should be happy they will end 9th after the horrific start tbh :whistle:

Only 1-8 wil continue playing this year, right? Something was mentioned about it in Laura/Robin's podcast iirc

• Such a shame, although very understandable seeing Novara will have to play Chieri and they cannot use more injuries. And Casalmaggiore should be happy they will end 9th after the horrific start tbh :whistle:

Only 1-8 wil continue playing this year, right? Something was mentioned about it in Laura/Robin's podcast iirc

Yes, Challenge Cup spot playoff was canceled per FIPAV request, in order to fully committ on the NT season.

• ... and Scandicci is not even playing with only subs! But Bergamo just looks really eager to win today (as far as I can follow it on my small multi-view screen haha) :super:

Firenze won the second set so the Cuneo game is 1-1. Bergamo is now virtually safe, right?!

• ... and Scandicci is not even playing with only subs! But Bergamo just looks really eager to win today (as far as I can follow it on my small multi-view screen haha) :super:

Firenze won the second set so the Cuneo game is 1-1. Bergamo is now virtually safe, right?!

No, Cuneo and Bergamo had the same amount of points before the match, so they need to do better than Cuneo (if they end with equal points Cuneo is safe as they have more wins)

Scandicci only rested Herbots in the beginnings, but Ruddins hit something like 1/9 so she was subbed by Herbots afterwards. Scandicci even started the 2nd with all their starters but still lost lol