CEV Champions League 2024

• 14 errors is bad… and she didn’t have tons of kills to make up for it either

She actually did. Her win-loss was 17, Egonu was 15 just as a reference

• Folie made 14 blocks in semi finals.

Fenerbahce as team 9 blocks.

And yet so many of you called out Folie for her blocking skills, but problem was not her skills. It was her injury, and because off it She couldn’t reach her full potentinal and right shape.

When She is healty and in full shape She is the best Italian and one of the best MB in World. She is so unlucky to have such a two big injuries and so many small one in her career. :flower::heart:;(

Who ever thought that Folie is a bad blocker?

The best Italian middle rn is Fahr, followed closely by Folie. As much as I would like to see them both at the OG, even if Folie accepts the NT invitation, I doubt Velasco would take a bet and take two injury-prone players given the roster is limited to 12 players only (+1)

• Yeap when she's on there's no competition. She only needs to be more consistent but as Guidetti said once, never a player has been able to be this dominant and that the best of Paola is truly the best among all.

Hopefully with Cazuate playing this well, they can make the final series at Serie A1 more competitive and maybe even surprise Conegliano. They were close last year and this one the team has a better roster.

• Who ever thought that Folie is a bad blocker?

The best Italian middle rn is Fahr, followed closely by Folie. As much as I would like to see them both at the OG, even if Folie accepts the NT invitation, I doubt Velasco would take a bet and take two injury-prone players given the roster is limited to 12 players only (+1)

You could try to take a 4 th central player for 2 libero and in case of any problems with de Gennaro could be replaced by Bosetti. Several years ago to be long tournaments played with only one libero. Olympic tournament in volleyball is a short and fast. The only question is whether Folie still wants to play in NT and possibly for who? Fahr, Folie, Lubian, Danesi/Bonifacio/Chirichella? In this season Bonifacio is playing the best of the three Italian MB from Novara.

• You could try to take a 4 th central player for 2 libero and in case of any problems with de Gennaro could be replaced by Bosetti. Several years ago to be long tournaments played with only one libero. Olympic tournament in volleyball is a short and fast. The only question is whether Folie still wants to play in NT and possibly for who? Fahr, Folie, Lubian, Danesi/Bonifacio/Chirichella? In this season Bonifacio is playing the best of the three Italian MB from Novara.

I would take a middle but only as the +1 player in case of an injury. Moki, Egonu, Sylla, Pietrini, Cate, Danesi, Fahr (if healthy and available), Orro, Kate are locked. The question is who the other MB, OH and S will be? I would take a bet and take Bonifacio or Folie, if healthy. The biggest question mark is who the remaining OH will be: Degradi, Bracchi, Piva, Loli are in the running. The other is either Malinov or Bosio.

• I would take a middle but only as the +1 player in case of an injury. Moki, Egonu, Sylla, Pietrini, Cate, Danesi, Fahr (if healthy and available), Orro, Kate are locked. The question is who the other MB, OH and S will be? I would take a bet and take Bonifacio or Folie, if healthy. The biggest question mark is who the remaining OH will be: Degradi, Bracchi, Piva, Loli are in the running. The other is either Malinov or Bosio.

I would take a middle but only as the +1 player in case of an injury. Moki, Egonu, Sylla, Pietrini, Cate, Danesi, Fahr (if healthy and available), Orro, Kate are locked. The question is who the other MB, OH and S will be? I would take a bet and take Bonifacio or Folie, if healthy. The biggest question mark is who the remaining OH will be: Degradi, Bracchi, Piva, Loli are in the running. The other is either Malinov or Bosio.

Loveth Omoruyi? Villani had knee surgery yesterday and it is unclear whether she will be available in the summer. Currently, Degradi is the closest to going to Paris. In the case of the second setter, it is probably Malinov - experience counts at the Olympics.

• Yeap when she's on there's no competition. She only needs to be more consistent but as Guidetti said once, never a player has been able to be this dominant and that the best of Paola is truly the best among all.

Hopefully with Cazuate playing this well, they can make the final series at Serie A1 more competitive and maybe even surprise Conegliano. They were close last year and this one the team has a better roster.

Yeah I think both egonu and Vargas have very high highs and can have very low lows. And it is not like she did once, basically every season in last 5 years :rose::obey:

• Egonu has a chance to win a CL title for the 4th time at the age 25 (with one year wasted by the pandemic) with 4th-different club, this is nuts. And she still has Scandicci, Eczacibasi, Fenerbahce and whichever contender that will come in the future to exploit. :D

Piccinini (7-time winner) won her 4th CL at the age of 30 with a single team (Bergamo).

• Piccinini (7-time winner) won her 4th CL at the age of 30 with a single team (Bergamo).

Well, back then Bergamo had to actually qualify for CL by winning Serie A1 (and later making it to the final). When the Cup of Cups was ABOLISHED, 2 teams represented Italy in CL, not only the national Champion. And when the format changed again and 3 teams from top countries were allowed, Bergamo was already cutting the budjet, after 20 years of big investiments. And let's not forget italian teams were forced to meet before the final, because CEV didn't want all-italian finals anymore, so the path was full of derbys till the final. It's not like Imoco winning each season because teams are weaker and having the chance to qualify even when it fails in the local league. Expecially in its last years of activity, Bergamo had real challenges like Perugia, Pesaro and Villa Cortese + economic crisis and raise of Turkish league (stealing all the world class foreign players within 3 years). Vero Volley and Scandicci win nothing in Italy, but still play every year CL just because there aren't good contenders, maybe just the young Novara team in the future, and because now Italy has 3 spots for CL. Nowdays playing CL it's much easier for top players in Italy.