Italy - Superlega 2023/24

• Ironically for Vero Volley, the team with the least hype is the one doing well. Leading 0-2 in Modena and looking good for another 0-3 on the road.

Lube-Perugia Supercoppa's rematch is also ongoing, but this time Lorenzetti's team is the one who got the hot start.

• Huge game by Adis.

Finally De Cecco did a good setting decisions at the crucial points. His hands are like magic but his decisions on the crucial points were mediocre in supercoppa.

Balasso is still downhill. His second ball setting is in the second league level. He didn't made 1 single good set in entire game.

• Another heartbreaking marathon but this time is Lube getting away with a smile and most importantly the win. Well done to them in both winning an exhausting second set and then approaching with the right mindset the tie-break after losing badly the fourth set.

• Has Ben Tara changed his sports nationality to Polish? IIRC, he hasn't represented Tunisia again after Tokyo Olympics. He is really solid and mature, with well-rounded offense and superb blocking skills.

Can Poland field both him and León at the same time? If that so they would become ever more unplayable than they already are. Ben Tara fits in just right as Kurek's successor.

• They will be able to after 2025.

Turkish president said that fivb changed this rule. (What he said was something like "alexia can play for Turkey from 2024 summer but she can play with Vargas from 2025, fivb changed that rule)

It looks pretty weird, since they (FIVB) are putting more limits for the change of nationality lately. :/

• Has Ben Tara changed his sports nationality to Polish?

Nope, and according to the new rules - he can't, so the question is (if he/PZPS/ are willing to change his sports nationality in the first place) they can find some loophole in these new regulations, because according to the new rulebook, no player that has already played for senior NT can change his federation of origins.

• Ben Tara was solid in recent games, including super cup final. But I won't make a conclusion that he's a top OPP until this Superlega season is finished. I am not sure if Ben Tara could play for Poland NT. I don't think Ben Tara could replace Kaczmarek as a starter OPP right away. Ben Tara is 27-year-old, and Kaczmarek is 29. When Ben Tara is qualified to play for Poland NT, maybe he's close to 30?

Kaczmarek is not stable, and could be irritating on court sometimes, but he can score at clutch time. I had watched a few games of Poland NT in VNL 2023, ECH 2023 and OQT 2024. Leon could carry the team as a core player, but Kaczmarek made crucial points a lot of times. Maybe Leon drew the attention of the defense, so Kaczmarek got a chance to score at clutch time. I don't know. Check how many set points or match points Kaczmarek nailed, and the data did not lie.

• Ben Tara was solid in recent games, including super cup final. But I won't make a conclusion that he's a top OPP until this Superlega season is finished. I am not sure if Ben Tara could play for Poland NT. I don't think Ben Tara could replace Kaczmarek as a starter OPP right away. Ben Tara is 27-year-old, and Kaczmarek is 29. When Ben Tara is qualified to play for Poland NT, maybe he's close to 30?

Kaczmarek is not stable, and could be irritating on court sometimes, but he can score at clutch time. I had watched a few games of Poland NT in VNL 2023, ECH 2023 and OQT 2024. Leon could carry the team as a core player, but Kaczmarek made crucial points a lot of times. Maybe Leon drew the attention of the defense, so Kaczmarek got a chance to score at clutch time. I don't know. Check how many set points or match points Kaczmarek nailed, and the data did not lie.

Kaczmarek is really a winner. If I have to pick an opposite to win a championship, i’ll probably choose him. He’s the exact contrary of Nimir, seemingly invisible in some phases, but when it counts, he’s always there.

• Piacenza being Piacenza (and missing players)...

Trento is scary this year. The scudetto gave them confidence after a lot of finals lost.

• Even with Rychlicki?

I think that Kamil is a good opp, the right person in this Trentino offense where Michieletto is the clear nº1 option front and backrow.
    it’s the same team that lost a CL final with Nimir as opp and another with KK, maybe a Kamil is really the answer.

• I wasn't too impressed honestly. Piacenza was missing too many players. The few times they find a little chemistry, Trentino looked in troubles. But it happened just few times. :gone:

I interpreted it really in a different way, Trento was walking through the match until the final points in all sets (except the final one). We’ll see later in the season.

• I wasn't too impressed honestly. Piacenza was missing too many players. The few times they find a little chemistry, Trentino looked in troubles. But it happened just few times. :gone:

It was a good win for Trento, but I don't know how much one can make of the teams after this match. Piacenza had way too many injuries to key players and Trento still has to deal with key players searching their best form. The one thing I'm quite positive about is Soli having the team in his hands.