VNL 2024 Men’s

• some thoughts:

Mandiraci could become a really great player. Just waiting for him to come to Italy, he was rumored to Piacenza but then nothing..

I think they are waiting to see his performance in this VNL. He has valid contract with Arkas. They are probably just want to wait a bit and see whether he is worth to pay +500.000€ to break his contract

• I think they are waiting to see his performance in this VNL. He has valid contract with Arkas. They are probably just want to wait a bit and see whether he is worth to pay +500.000€ to break his contract

IMHO no way they are gonna pay this money for a injury prone player. It doesn't matter he's extremely talented, because of course he is, but italian clubs don't have so big budjet for such a payout.

Sir Safety payed way less to sign Oleh Plotnytskyi from Vero Volley, for example.

• IMHO no way they are gonna pay this money for a injury prone player. It doesn't matter he's extremely talented, because of course he is, but italian clubs don't have so big budjet for such a payout.

Sir Safety payed way less to sign Oleh Plotnytskyi from Vero Volley, for example.

This is the rumored amount. I dont know how true its. It was also said before Piacenza rumor. Galatasaray wanted to sign him and Arkas asked way more

• The only explanation could be, NL coach was feeling so confident that, the match is in pocket and could win anyway but he was about to pay the price of underestimating Türkiye. At this level, you need to perform with your ideal roster and we have seen similar pictures in Women VNL in the past, with some teams paying the price of it.

Having a gigantic performance is the proof that, Nimir didn't have any physical injury or any performance decline.

• The only explanation could be, NL coach was feeling so confident that, the match is in pocket and could win anyway but he was about to pay the price of underestimating Türkiye. At this level, you need to perform with your ideal roster and we have seen similar pictures in Women VNL in the past, with some teams paying the price of it.

Having a gigantic performance is the proof that, Nimir didn't have any physical injury or any performance decline.

After the looooong 2-3 vs Slovenia I already said to my fam "I wonder how Nimir will survive this week" as there were three matches in a row. I was not surprised they started with Wouter who is also a good opp, to give Nimir and his body some rest. As long as he can be fit for sunday tho, because I expect less than the lowest vs Poland lol :rolll:

• After the looooong 2-3 vs Slovenia I already said to my fam "I wonder how Nimir will survive this week" as there were three matches in a row. I was not surprised they started with Wouter who is also a good opp, to give Nimir and his body some rest. As long as he can be fit for sunday tho, because I expect less than the lowest vs Poland lol :rolll:

plus Ter Maat has been playing Turkey for a long time now. He probably thought he could do well against players he is used to playing against and with. He is not an elite OPP but underperformed yesterday.

• After the looooong 2-3 vs Slovenia I already said to my fam "I wonder how Nimir will survive this week" as there were three matches in a row. I was not surprised they started with Wouter who is also a good opp, to give Nimir and his body some rest. As long as he can be fit for sunday tho, because I expect less than the lowest vs Poland lol :rolll:

I totally understand what you are saying, however no matter what the reason is... Rotation sometimes works, sometimes not. Starting lineup didn't work against Türkiye and this is what I am saying. As I said, we have seen many examples in Women's VNL and another reality is, There is no room for any team to underestimate any opponent in this tournament. Yes, Poland is #1 at the moment but in sports expect all kind of results. A group of teams are trying to keep their spots while the other group is trying to climb the stairs one by one. Good luck to both, Türkiye and Nederlands (and the rest).

• Does Turkey really have that much money to throw away in Men's VB? the crowds in Antalya are non existent. Even when the home team plays it's not full.

• Does Turkey really have that much money to throw away in Men's VB? the crowds in Antalya are non existent. Even when the home team plays it's not full.

yeah i think they’ll back up soon.

• The tiebreak between Japan & Cuba was so exciting! Cuba had so many match points but couldn’t put it away and eventually Japan won 22:20!!
    Simon was so clutch in the whole match but he was blocked in one of the match points, then he served into the net in another mp. When he came back to the front row a few points later he had another chance to kill to win the match but he decided not to go for a hard spike then Japan of course took the chance and converted it into their point.

• so mad for cuba...tbey had it in their hands

Amazing game at least they didn't lose that much

I think TVF shouldn’t have host the first week right after Women’s 1st week. Obviously women’s volleyball is more popular currently but if another city hosted week 2-3 there would be more crowds.

I think they sold the tickets for both tournaments. So it would be cheaper and people could watch both men’s and women’s matches but people left after women’s matches bcz its weekdays.

It would cost way more to carry to organization to another city and another time. Probably thats why they host first weeks for both mens and women’s games.

Wrong strategy

volleyball has gained more popularity after last year so it is not hard to attract sponsorships for the federation. Of course, those sponsorships are not charity, they are tax deductible, which means, tax payers and that is mostly we, the white collars , although poorer than ever before, end up paying for it.

• Brazil Starters for Serbia Match

Leal

Cachopa

Lucas

Mauricio

Darlan

Judson

Thales

• Mauricio trending on Twitter. Brasilians doesnt want him going to Paris.

Bernardinho made him captain? 😅 Lucas and Mauricio on court. Coach will never learn.

Bernardinho said he was testing his team with Lukas Bergmann, Arthur and Honorato but aint using them. They’re just there to fill out the roster

• Lmao, Bernardinho doesnt want any cameras around him.