VNL 2024 Men’s

• Honestly this is probably best roster we can have if everyone is healthy. I think both coach and players need time to get to know each other and become better. Players need to play in better leagues and improve their games. Staying in Turkey wont help them.
    We will loose many games in this VNL but with time we’ll find our place

I didn't like our new coach, every single player is underperforming this summer (maybe except Bedirhan and Efe Mandiraci) this is really the best roster we can have but we also need a coach who could get the best out of these players

• A. Lagumdzija was pretty average in the 2nd half of the season, to the level that Civitanova decided instead of M. Motzo (so-so back-up) to hire P. Dirlic (who was a revelation a year ago in Cisterna) to have a proper back-up, so it's not that surprising that he's still been struggling.

• Luca Porro should be starting. Lavia is absolutely atrocious.

• Brazil Roster vs Slovenia

S: Cachopa, Brasilia

OP: Alan, Darlan

OH: Adriano, Arthur Bento, Lukas Bergmann, Lucarelli, Mauricio :rolleyes:

MB: Flavio, Isac, Judson

L: Thales, Honorato

Edit: I think this might be the NT roster post Paris, minus Mauricio. Add in Cardoso as 3rd Setter

• No Bruno?

• Nimir being the main sponsor of my Fanta Volley team today with 57,92 points - 115,82 as captain :white:

Also a great game by Koops, who brought so much stability in reception :heart: setting him OOS balls vs tall block is suicide but when facing 1 on 1 block he can kill the balls too. Parkinson as reliable as ever. Keemink & van Garderen were playing better than yesterday but that was not difficult lol.

I don't see them upset France or Italy, so their loss vs Serbia yesterday has imo ruined their small chances for Paris, but at least the team showed today that they bounced back.

• Nimir being the main sponsor of my Fanta Volley team today with 57,92 points - 115,82 as captain :white:

Also a great game by Koops, who brought so much stability in reception :heart: setting him OOS balls vs tall block is suicide but when facing 1 on 1 block he can kill the balls too. Parkinson as reliable as ever. Keemink & van Garderen were playing better than yesterday but that was not difficult lol.

I don't see them upset France or Italy, so their loss vs Serbia yesterday has imo ruined their small chances for Paris, but at least the team showed today that they bounced back.

First time I took him out of my starters, he made a monster performance 😭😭 van garderen also played well after he flopped yesterday and I replaced him with Yant🤦

• First time I took him out of my starters, he made a monster performance 😭😭 van garderen also played well after he flopped yesterday and I replaced him with Yant🤦

I did that in week 1 so I learned from my mistake :rolll: Imo van Garderen still was so-so today but better than his performance yesterday at least. I moved him to the bench though (just like Parkinson who didn't get many sets yesterday). Yant is usually scoring higher but it was still not too bad right?

I liked Thondike, he did quite well for such a young setter - especially involving the MBs throughout the match. Nimirball vs MB-ball in set 4 :super:

• Hm, FIVB site now says some different names for the Dutch team - including Meijs, Jorna, & Ahyi instead of de Weijer, Bak & Ter Horst... still no confirmation from the team itself/federation. Especially curious to know why Ter Horst would have been excluded, not an obvious choice (although I haven't seen Ahyi play so no idea if he is good or not:lol:)

Ter Horst isn’t with the team because he’s expecting his first child.

• I did that in week 1 so I learned from my mistake :rolll: Imo van Garderen still was so-so today but better than his performance yesterday at least. I moved him to the bench though (just like Parkinson who didn't get many sets yesterday). Yant is usually scoring higher but it was still not too bad right?

I liked Thondike, he did quite well for such a young setter - especially involving the MBs throughout the match. Nimirball vs MB-ball in set 4 :super:

Yesterday Van garderen gave me 0.34 points only🤦

Thondike is good, I also really like nikolov, he is only 17 but already playing like a mature setter. He seems to be as talented as his older brother. Both gets good genes from their father

I just learned that keemink is playing in Czech league for a long time. Is there a specific reason for that? I think he is a very decent setter, I'm surprised he couldn't find any teams in Turkish or French league

• Yesterday Van garderen gave me 0.34 points only🤦

Thondike is good, I also really like nikolov, he is only 17 but already playing like a mature setter. He seems to be as talented as his older brother. Both gets good genes from their father

I just learned that keemink is playing in Czech league for a long time. Is there a specific reason for that? I think he is a very decent setter, I'm surprised he couldn't find any teams in Turkish or French league

I have no idea tbh, but I'm glad he's choosing a starting position in lower team/league over bench warmer at bigger club (yes I'm looking at you guys, Wiltenburg/Andringa!:whistle:) the alternative setters are playing in Dutch league so compared to that he's doing well for himself lol.

Yes Nikolov is great, he's the starting setter & captain of my Youngster-Fanta team (max 23-y/o) with Thondike on the bench. They are very reliable point givers :cheesy: too bad the other positions don't give me much options to work with, especially MBs and Opps

• Hmm, Adriano starting over Lukas Bergmann? Lukas B should imho be starting this match against Serbia.