• Quarterfinal:

Pamesa Teruel Spain – Finland Akaa-Volley

Steaua București Romania – Poland Projekt Warszawa

Levski Sofia Bulgaria – Italy Vero Volley Monza

Fonte Bastardo Azores Portugal – Turkey Galatasaray

• Semi-finals:

Vero Volley Monza Italy – Turkey Galatasaray

Akaa-Volley Finland – Poland Projekt Warszawa

• Second worst game of the season for Monza after Trentino’s game.

Varsavia is mediocre at best

• Set 4 is an incredible demonstration of how Monza played a really shitty game.

• Second worst game of the season for Monza after Trentino’s game.

Varsavia is mediocre at best

Actually I’m not surprised by the result because Warsaw does really great in PlusLiga. I’m wondering where is the key of their success but they have really good roster and these players are in a really good shape for the last few months. They could have really good battles in CL as well. Szalpuk is better than in 2018 and Tillie has a probably his prime. So Warsaw is not so mediocre, they worked and gave the result.

• Actually I’m not surprised by the result because Warsaw does really great in PlusLiga. I’m wondering where is the key of their success but they have really good roster and these players are in a really good shape for the last few months. They could have really good battles in CL as well. Szalpuk is better than in 2018 and Tillie has a probably his prime. So Warsaw is not so mediocre, they worked and gave the result.

Varsavia was mediocre yesterday, I’m not saying they are mediocre always.

• Monza has been terrible all finals. Congrats to Varsavia for the cup

• Monza has been terrible all finals. Congrats to Varsavia for the cup

Polish clubs cannot be touched by Italian ones. There is such a recruitment of local players that they don't even have to take anyone from abroad. Boladz and Szalpuk do not make it to the Polish national team but here they play at a phenomenal level. It's a pity that weaker Italian clubs, such as Monza, do not focus more on young Italians but only bring in some foreign average players from Canada, Japan or Germany. They still lose to the Poles and what's more, the Italian team has nothing to do with it. Why is Bovolenta still playing in Serie A1? Shouldn't he playing in Monza in matches like today? One chance for the Italian league and national team is to start focusing more on young Italians and outplaying them, e.g. what Trentino did with Michieletto. Otherwise, Italy will keep losing to the Polish national team and Polish clubs from their league.

• Polish clubs cannot be touched by Italian ones. There is such a recruitment of local players that they don't even have to take anyone from abroad. Boladz and Szalpuk do not make it to the Polish national team but here they play at a phenomenal level. It's a pity that weaker Italian clubs, such as Monza, do not focus more on young Italians but only bring in some foreign average players from Canada, Japan or Germany. They still lose to the Poles and what's more, the Italian team has nothing to do with it. Why is Bovolenta still playing in Serie A1? Shouldn't he playing in Monza in matches like today? One chance for the Italian league and national team is to start focusing more on young Italians and outplaying them, e.g. what Trentino did with Michieletto. Otherwise, Italy will keep losing to the Polish national team and Polish clubs from their league.

yeah start talk your gibberish. Katowice 2022

• It worked once and then the Italian team was verified in the next season. Katowice 2022 were beyond the capacity of Italian men's volleyball. It takes many years of hard work to reach the level of the golden era of the 1990s. But you can continue to fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

i can continue to analyze game by game and not for a fucking final series where Monza played like shit. In these last years for a Polish victory there is an Italian one. Just enjoy your golden generation

• i can continue to analyze game by game and not for a fucking final series where Monza played like shit. In these last years for a Polish victory there is an Italian one. Just enjoy your golden generation

I always wish Italy very well but I see no point in building clubs like Monza. Mostly weak foreigners play there, such as Canadians, Japanese, Germans, etc. There are Poles playing in Warsaw who don't even make it to the Polish team but they are still better than those from Monza. If every Italian club looked like Trentino, Italians would soon have their golden generations, because their junior players are no worse than Poles.

• I always wish Italy very well but I see no point in building clubs like Monza. Mostly weak foreigners play there, such as Canadians, Japanese, Germans, etc. There are Poles playing in Warsaw who don't even make it to the Polish team but they are still better than those from Monza. If every Italian club looked like Trentino, Italians would soon have their golden generations, because their junior players are no worse than Poles.

Swarc is the only bad foreigner. Maar, Takahashi, Loeppky and Cachopa (the others) are really good or great players.

Younger italians aren’t ready for Superlega because it’s too challenging, Bovo could have played there but decided to stay in Ravenna. Italy has good prospects in newer generations, but you risk burying them against certain opposition. It’s a competition where everyone has to play 100% every set and even experienced players like Semeniuk and Ebadipour chocked their first year there.

• Swarc is the only bad foreigner. Maar, Takahashi, Loeppky and Cachopa (the others) are really good or great players.

Younger italians aren’t ready for Superlega because it’s too challenging, Bovo could have played there but decided to stay in Ravenna. Italy has good prospects in newer generations, but you risk burying them against certain opposition. It’s a competition where everyone has to play 100% every set and even experienced players like Semeniuk and Ebadipour chocked their first year there.

Italy has a generation gap in age-group players who are now over 25/26 years old. Previously, their entire game was based on Juantorena and Zaitsev. Later, players such as Michieletto and Lavia filled this gap but better reserves and generally more good players are needed. There is a problem in the attack - one Romano and still uneven and in the middle of the block. It takes time, but these young Italian players like Bovolenta, Porro, Magalini, Orioli, Stefani etc etc. they need to play more and gain experience.

• Italy has a generation gap in age-group players who are now over 25/26 years old. Previously, their entire game was based on Juantorena and Zaitsev. Later, players such as Michieletto and Lavia filled this gap but better reserves and generally more good players are needed. There is a problem in the attack - one Romano and still uneven and in the middle of the block. It takes time, but these young Italian players like Bovolenta, Porro, Magalini, Orioli, Stefani etc etc. they need to play more and gain experience.

Some of these players choose also to be on the bench on great teams instead of doing experience in places like Padova or Taranto. Luca Porro is going to Piacenza (and i hope he’ll bench Maar), Magalini to Trento, Stefani was injured this year. The good news is that the setters of the future (Porro and Boninfante) are going to start in Milano and Lube and I think Stefani is going to play opp in Padova next year.

• Some of these players choose also to be on the bench on great teams instead of doing experience in places like Padova or Taranto. Luca Porro is going to Piacenza (and i hope he’ll bench Maar), Magalini to Trento, Stefani was injured this year. The good news is that the setters of the future (Porro and Boninfante) are going to start in Milano and Lube and I think Stefani is going to play opp in Padova next year.

For Italy, the current option for now is only Rychlicki. This is the only solid option in attacking Romano's weaker form. The Italian federation should do everything to do that Rychlicki can play in Paris, even paying extra money for FIVB.