2024 Women’s Volleyball Nations League

• Who is the best Brazilian opposite? Do you prefer Kisy, Lorenne or Tainara?

Taking the last season in consideration, it's Kisy > Lorenne > Tainara and I don't think anyone would argue otherwise.

Kisy has grown the most in this cycle. She is the least naturally explosive player of the three, but has the best read of the game. You can tell by her interviews that she's very conscious of her weakness and knows exactly what she needs to do to improve, which is why she got to where she is. She was the most effective pin attacker in the league by a good margin, and has grown into her role as the go-to player for Minas on decisive moments. However, she still hasn't been able to show that when playing for the NT. This VNL will be her opportunity to establish herself as the #1 opposite in Brazil, and I hope she does good things with it.

Lorenne had more weak moments than Kisy and her highs weren't as impressive, but overall she still had a pretty solid season. She's the most experienced of all three and probably the most consistent as well. You always know what you're going to get with her. And that's IMO her biggest weakness: she's kind of one-dimensional, especially when it comes to shot selection. Still, she could be useful as a sub. She might not be able to turn a match around by herself, but she can provide some stability if Kisy starts being messy.

Tainara has the highest highs and might be the most naturally talented of the three, but her lows are low. She legit has had more bad matches than good ones in this season, and lost her starting spot in Praia for the second year in a row because she just has zero consistency. That being said, she's shown that she can come off the bench and win a match pretty much by herself, so she could still be an interesting player to have on the roster. But kind of like as the anti-Lorenne; a "when all is lost" sub, if you will.

• Thanks!

• USA's roster for week 1

S: Jordyn Poulter & Lauren Carlini

Opp: Danielle Cuttino

OH: Jordan Larson, Avery Skinner, Ali Frantti, Madisen Skinner & Sarah Parsons

MB: Chika Ogbogu, Anna Stevenson, Brionne Butler & Kayla Haneline

L: Justine Wong-Orantes & Zoë Fleck

Great to see Poulter back:flower: Also I'm really curious how Madi Skinner will perform on professional level! I still don't et why Haneline is with the team and not Jimerson:down:

• Cuttino is there but Eggleston who benched her during club season isn't?🤦🤦

• Wang Yi-zhu (OH/OP) and Wang Wen-han (MB) aren't in the roster of the first match against South Korea.

In fact, at least I think, they hardly got more chance this year.

Zhu Ting will return NT in Macao (Week 2).

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• This gives me hope that the roster vs Korea will be:

S: Macris, Roberta

O: Tainara, Lorenne

OH: Ana Cristina, Helena, Julia Bergmann, Rosamaria

MB: Diana, Julia Kudiess, Luzia, Thaisa

L: Natinha, Nyeme

Carol, Kisy and Gabi can skip Korea match.

From WebVolei: Brazil is brining all 18 players to all stages of VNL 2024. Also mentioned that they will give more rotation and playing time to other players and named Helena and Luzia.

• Sorry but Is It possibile to join?

I will say the managing of the league is really strange. You had to approve the people in the league, then approve rosters, just weird.

Sadly Diesse, I did this on like Sunday and I don't think you can join it.