2024 Women’s Volleyball Nations League

• Ana Cristina skipped training today, any news about her?

lol :sos:

• Canada, having lost to Italy, will now have around 280 points and are probably too far adrift from Italy, Japan and China, which means these three will likely go to Paris 24. While I’m so happy for the Chinese players, the thought of Cai Bin grinning from ear to ear after another narrow escape makes me wanna throw up 🤮

• in Italy I think the transformation (quite evident to me) in Egonu's game should be underlined...

The girl is very concentrated on serving and blocking and in attack she is showing a very different approach from her usual: certainly her Efficiency percentages have dropped a bit, but she makes many fewer unforced errors, forcing few balls to the limit especially when the situation doesn't require it, where she often relied only on her physicality which often caused her to stumble upon a series of gratuitous errors...

My thought is that this different, if not new, attitude of Egonu in attack is the result of Velasco's work: it is he who is asking her to do this...

It's a good evolution of his, in technique, tactics and mentality: finally, after Santarelli and (partially) Guidetti, it seems that we have found a coach who manages to make the girl listen...

• Canada, having lost to Italy, will now have around 280 points and are probably too far adrift from Italy, Japan and China, which means these three will likely go to Paris 24. While I’m so happy for the Chinese players, the thought of Cai Bin grinning from ear to ear after another narrow escape makes me wanna throw up 🤮

So both Netherlands and Canada are basically out?

• She was in Tokyo 2020 and can easily go to LA 2028.

Any athlete that has suffered an ACL isn't going to have it easy and once she's in her 30s by LA28 that's gonna be even more difficult for her body to recover any microtears. She can always come back for sure but if she's not in top shape she may not make it that far at all.

• It is not ACL.

tendon injuries will heal faster than acl but the downside is that they can't do any forceful movements longer than in ligament patients once in rehab. and what's even worse is if she does anything after the period of her healing she can develop tendinitis once she continues playing vigorously. her choice if she can take the pain.

• Monica De Gennaro had outstanding performance against Canada. :mirror:

• in Italy I think the transformation (quite evident to me) in Egonu's game should be underlined...

The girl is very concentrated on serving and blocking and in attack she is showing a very different approach from her usual: certainly her Efficiency percentages have dropped a bit, but she makes many fewer unforced errors, forcing few balls to the limit especially when the situation doesn't require it, where she often relied only on her physicality which often caused her to stumble upon a series of gratuitous errors...

My thought is that this different, if not new, attitude of Egonu in attack is the result of Velasco's work: it is he who is asking her to do this...

It's a good evolution of his, in technique, tactics and mentality: finally, after Santarelli and (partially) Guidetti, it seems that we have found a coach who manages to make the girl listen...

This isn't the first time when a coach has applied this strategy to reduce her errors. The strategy is simple . Orro gives her faster and more positioned sets. Also fewer out-of-sy stem balls in which she tips more than usual and does not take risks to hit hard so as not to make errors. Santarelli did it and worked nicely and when she won her confident she was hitting every type of ball. Guidetti also did it.

Anyway her shape is worring for me. The reason is that her spike height has reduced quite a bit and I can not understand where this came from. She was bad the last period but still she could spike over the top of the block. Now she can not. Also her spike power do not seems to me , like her normal standards.