S.Korea - 2024-2025 V-League (Women)

• It seems that Lee Jaeyeong will be retiring according to a fan cafe post she did, talking about "her second life".

It makes me equally sad and mad about what happened to Lee Jaeyeong. She was the Korean volleyball scene's new star with Lee Dayeong. I understand that school violence should not be condoned, but if they were willing to apologize, I don't see how it's any different from other cases similar to theirs. Oh Ji Young bullied one of her teammates in Peppers and she only gets a 1 year suspension. Even more so, male volleyball players have way worse things happening to them as adults (bullying, sexual violence, molka, etc.), yet they only get a slap on the wrist.

I wish she played in other leagues like Lee Dayeong. She's an outstanding player that I can confidently say can even play on European clubs but I guess she never really had that spark in her, unlike Dayeong. Wishing her all the best in her future endeavors but I still hope she doesn't retire. ;(

• It is a pity

There are no Korean volleyball players or upcoming players now anywhere near her calibre or potential, even Sohwi who is now at the forefront of this generation pales hugely in comparison to LJY

It feels like an even bigger pity knowing that LJY received an offer from Italy after Greece (and more too). Yet she chose to stay in Korea instead - I suppose due to her family/boyfriend/knee condition, and held several discussions with AI Pepper and was even close to signing the contract before it was leaked to the news and public backlash caused Pepper to uturn.

Her message essentially is that she has no motivation or want to play overseas, but in order to play locally they demand that she acknowledge/apologize/make amendment (honestly not quite sure what Korea still wants from her) for things she never done.
    She's ready to move on and has no regrets since she had always played without leaving any regrets

Huge generational loss

• If not Dayeong, I thought at least Jaeyeong stood a chance at returning to the Korean league...

I thought Jaeyeong had done nothing which was proven to be true thus far... what does Korea want from her? The forgiveness of the nation it seems like

but in order to play locally they demand that she acknowledge/apologize/make amendment (honestly not quite sure what Korea still wants from her) for things she never done.

I can't believe she's retiring though... to not try going overseas least once more

• Red Sparks have landed in China today to participate in the Shanghai Volleyball Future Star Championship, happening this July 22-27, 2024:

Here are the participating teams:

🏐Pool A: 🇨🇳 China U17, 🇹🇭 Air Asia U17 Thailand, 🇧🇷 Sesi Bauru U21, 🇫🇷 France U22
    🏐Pool B: 🇻🇳 Vietnam National Team, 🇨🇳 Shanghai Junior Team, 🇨🇦 U21 Canada, 🇰🇷 Jung Kwan Jang Red Sparks