European Championships 2007

• I vote France, because of their strong performances during the last "Tournoi de France". I could never have imagined that they would perform so good against Bulgaria and Poland one week ago, but they did and this explain why I have so many hopes!
    However, if these recent matches give me confidence in the France NT they also bring doubts to me about these two teams, that I considered as the two best team in Europe before.

In my mind, the three main favorite are Russia, Germany and France. (Germany won the Wagner's memorial, France won the TdF, Russia was second in the WL and is hosting the competition). Poland is probably very close from these teams, Greece (according to recent friendly matches ) and maybe Spain (European League winner) may also be strong teams to deal with.

Italy and Serbia were rather disappointing recently. I don't have many clues to evaluate Italy's level (because their team would be very different from the weak young team engaged in the WL), but they did not seem to be able to dominate the Serbian NT (who did not performed very well at the Wagner's Memorial). That's why I tend not to consider them as favorite for the title. Anyway both team have great experienced players with them, players who are able to improve their game when it would really be needed.

I don't have enough informations on other teams to consider them for the title.

In the end, because of the competition formula, My take for semi-finals are Germany and France for the teams playing in St Petersburg and Russia and Poland for the teams playing in Moscow. But this competition formula doesn't allow any weakness, and there are plenty of teams able to threatened the supposedly stronger ones. So there would probably be some surprises all over the competition.

• I vote on Russia. I don't know why, but I'm almost SURE that they will win :roll:
    2nd, 3rd place... It's hard to predict, because many teams is on the same level... but in my opinion:
    1. Russia
    2. France/Poland
    3. France/Poland
    4. Serbia

• Quote from "Armel"

I vote France, because of their strong performances during the last "Tournoi de France". I could never have imagined that they would perform so good against Bulgaria and Poland one week ago, but they did and this explain why I have so many hopes!
    However, if these recent matches give me confidence in the France NT they also bring doubts to me about these two teams, that I considered as the two best team in Europe before.

I would advise you not to be guided by social matches. honestly turnoi de france probably only treated seriously france.

I voted of course on poland, most probably you will accuse me that I am not objective but so I am already.

• I know that friendly matches are not that reliable. But less than one week before the competition start, players are supposed to be close from their best.

And I see that French players were really fitted. This is very important for teams like France who don't have many big and strong spikers like Poland or Russia. If spikers like Samica or Antiga are too tired to be efficient in spiking we have no chance to play well in the championship.
    But now, when players are in good shape this is completely different because they can jump high enough to serve and spike well.

And speaking of the Tournoi de France it wasn't really important for the French team. That's why the the lineup against Poland and Bulgaria were completely different. because what mattered was preparing the EC. (but the same goes for the other teams of course)

• Russia is playing very well.
    I think they won't have any difficulties to reach the semi-finals.

But then this is going to be a little bit different. There's plenty of team who can but pressure on the Russian NT, and Russian are usually not the best to support pressure. (ex: Dynamo Moscow's IECL final 4)
    Plus a team like Germany can beat anyone in the world when serving well.

I don't think we will see Serbia AND France in the semi-finals. They're playing agaisnt each other tomorrow, and the one who will lose that game will almost lose every chances to make it to the semi-finals. Which will put a huge pressure on their shoulders for the remaining matches. I can't see a team playing well enough to qualify with these conditions.
    So this must be EITHER Serbia or France. (and even maybe not any of the two as Spain is in good position to qualify and Germany can beat France)