World Cup 2007

  • "redhawkvb" wrote:

    I am looking forward to someone sharing video of the WC (any teams). I am not sure if we have any members from Japan as I am sure they will be broadcasting the matches there.


    Yeah, the tournament is approaching, I can't wait. :D

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • "Justyna" wrote:


    So, you'll record some matches?


    If I can, I will. :)

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • "Justyna" wrote:

    Ok, thanks. Because Poland won't be play in WC i don't know if Polish TV will be broadcast matches.


    Maybe they will broadcast the most interesting matches. :)

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • Too bad Poland won't be able to play...... :cry2:


    This year's World Cup is going to be boring. All my favorite teams, with th exception of Brazil of course, are not playing. No Italy, no Poland, no France.....


    The only exciting match is going to be Brazil - Russia. But I never really liked the Russian Male NT that much....

  • The only exciting match is going to be Brazil - Russia. But I never really liked the Russian Male NT that much....[/quote]


    You are wrong about this not exciting according to you matches, but you'll see, just wait for the matches. ;)

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • "AFROMAN" wrote:

    The only exciting match is going to be Brazil - Russia. But I never really liked the Russian Male NT that much....


    We'll see.....


    I just want to see if Brazil is going to have to play its best. ...


    I HATE tournaments without finals.... it is no fun!


    I love semifinals and final matches because they are so tense... it makes victory much more exciting!

  • Yeah, but it will be great even without semi-fnals and final. ;)

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • UniHD Broadcast Schedule for 2007 FIVB Volleyball World Cup:


    Broadcast Air Date (Play Date): Match Opponents, Broadcast Time
    Nov. 28 (Nov. 18): USA Men vs. Brazil, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Nov. 29 (Nov. 19): USA Men vs. Puerto Rico, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Nov. 30 (Nov. 20): USA Men vs. Spain, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Dec. 3 (Nov. 22): USA Men vs. Bulgaria, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Dec. 4 (Nov. 23): USA Men vs. Egypt, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Dec. 5 (Nov. 25): USA Men vs. Tunisia, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Dec. 6 (Nov. 26): USA Men vs. Korea, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Dec. 7 (Nov. 27): USA Men vs. Australia, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Dec. 10 (Nov. 30): USA Men vs. Japan, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Dec. 11 (Dec. 1): USA Men vs. Argentina, 6-8 p.m. ET
    Dec. 12 (Dec. 2): USA Men vs. Russia, 6-8 p.m.
    Dec. 15 (TBA): “Best of” Matches, TBA
    Dec. 16 (TBA): “Best of” Matches, TBA


    I do not get this channel nor have an HD TV but will look to see if I can find a friend who can record these...

  • Today I read that Brazil prepares for WC without Ricardo :? Could anybody explain me why? He's awesome setter.


    The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

  • "Nick" wrote:

    Today I read that Brazil prepares for WC without Ricardo :? Could anybody explain me why? He's awesome setter.


    This is OLD news. Basically, a war of egos between him and Bernardo. Well, that's their problem, I hope he doesn't come back. :D

  • "Russkii" wrote:

    This is OLD news. Basically, a war of egos between him and Bernardo. Well, that's their problem, I hope he doesn't come back. :D


    I personally think that he will be back ONLY, AND IF ONLY Brazil doesn't get the gold at the WC.


    We have to wait and see what's going to happen. :roll:

  • Yeah, the tournament is approaching, 6 days to go. :)

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

  • FINALLY!!!!!!!! :D


    I can't take this female WC anymore....


    It is soooooooooooo not exciting. Maybe if Russia had classified it would be much better...


    Anyway. Interesting matches for Brazil in the first round. USA and Spain.... :lol:


  • Actually, I think Spain was just one of those upset surprises that happen every once in a blue moon. I doubt they will be able to face Brazil or grab a spot to the OG in this WC.
    As for the US, it barely beat the third team of Brazil some months ago - 3vs2 - so I am not too sure they can hold their own, although it will be still a great match.

  • "Russkii" wrote:

    Actually, I think Spain was just one of those upset surprises that happen every once in a blue moon. I doubt they will be able to face Brazil or grab a spot to the OG in this WC.


    I don't agree.


    Spanish players knows each others very well. Half of the team was playing together in Palma last year, they ranked first of the IECL pool A (with Tours and Belgorod), then beat Belchatow and failed to reach the final 4 losing against Tours (that they had previously beat twice in pool) with Antiga being injured and unable to play.


    Then, the Spanish NT won the European league, and the European Championship.


    When it is the 3rd time that the same players are surprising their opponents, is it still a surprise ?

  • Quote

    When it is the 3rd time that the same players are surprising their opponents, is it still a surprise ?


    Well, they have surprised the "big teams" only once, in the last European Championship.
    I am not saying they are a bad team - I don't know them much to be honest with you - but WC is a whole different tournament, with a much bigger level of tension and responsability.
    Just like I don't trust that Holland womens NT will accomplish much - even after their surprising gold medal in the GP - I don't think the Spanish men NT will go very far, despite their commendable win in the ECH.
    It will still be exciting to watch though.

  • "Russkii" wrote:

    Well, they have surprised the "big teams" only once, in the last European Championship.
    I am not saying they are a bad team - I don't know them much to be honest with you - but WC is a whole different tournament, with a much bigger level of tension and responsability.
    Just like I don't trust that Holland womens NT will accomplish much - even after their surprising gold medal in the GP - I don't think the Spanish men NT will go very far, despite their commendable win in the ECH.
    It will still be exciting to watch though.


    Yeah, they won't go fat in the tournament especially when they lose their first match against BULGARIA. ;)

    [color=#009900][color=#ffffff]


    "I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona