World Cup 2007

• Summary

Egypt - Puerto Rico 0-3 (17-25 19-25 17-25) match description
    Awad Hamdy (11), Ahmed Abdalla, Abd Elnaeim Ahmed (12), Einafrawy Mohamed (3), Badawy Mohamed (4), Shaarawy Hossam (4), Al Aydy Wael (L) and Gabal Mohamed (3), Bekheit Ossama, El Mahdy Mohamed, El Daabousi Mohamed (3)
    Rivera Jose (16), Rivera Victor (11), Perez Angel, Rodriguez Luis (4), Soto Hector (15), Escalante Enrique (6) Berrios Gregorry (L) and Bird Victor, Morales Fernando, Batista Emanuel, Roman Mannix (1)

Australia - Korea 3-2 (22-25 25-20 23-25 25-20 29-27) match description
    Hardy Benjamin (21), Campbell Luke (12), Yudin Igor (13), Ferguson David (2), Carroll Paul (35), Alderman Brett (2), Desalvo Phillip (L) and Christensen Jarryd, Grant Andrew (7)
    You Kwang-Woo (1), Moon Sung-Min (18 ), Shin Young-Soo (21), Park Jun-Bum (14), Ha Kyoung-Min (4), Shin Yung-Suk (7), Yeo Oh-Hyun (L) and Kim Hak-Min (4), Ha Hyun-Yong (11), Kim Yo-Han, Song Byung-II

Bulgaria - Spain 3-1 (25-21 19-25 25-20 25-17) match description
    Ivanov Evgeni (4), Zhekov Andrey (4), Gaydarski Krasimir (6), Kaziyski Matey (13), Nikolov Vladimir (12), Konstantinov Plamen (18 ), Salparov Teodor (L) and Tsvetanov Hristo (2), Yordanov Boyan (1), Nikolov Nikolay (1), Stanev Ivan, Aleksiev Todor (1)
    Falasca Miguel Angel (4), Falasca Guillermo (5), Molto Jose Luis (6), Garcia-Torres Julian (5), De La Fuente Enrique (12), Rodriguez Israel (14), Valido Alexis (L) and Perez Iban (13), Sevillano Manuel

Argentina - Russia 0-3 (16-25 22-25 17-25) match description
    Stepanenko Diego (3), De Cecco Luciano, Chavez Lucas (4), Garcia Guillermo (12), Quiroga Rodrigo (11), Aschemacher Rodrigo (4), Meana Martin (L) and Milinkovic Marcos (4), Scholtis Gustavo, Orduna Santiago
    Poltavskiy Semen (14), Abramov Pavel (12), Tetyukhin Sergey (12), Khamuttskikh Vadim (2), Ostapenko Alexey (3), Kuleshov Alexey (6), Verbov Alexey (L) and Kruglov Pavel (3), Grankin Sergey (3), Volokov Alexander

Brazil - USA 0-3 (26-28 28-30 20-25) match description
    Marcelinho, Giba (14), André (8 ), Gustavo (8 ), Rodrigão (10), Dante (5), Sergio (L) and Bruno, André Heller, Murilo (1), Anderson (6)
    Ball Lloy (2), Lee David (9), Priddy William (16), Millar Ryan (11), Salmon Riley (11), Stanley Clayton (10), Lambourne Richard (L) and Rooney Sean, Gardner Gabriel

Japan - Tunisia 2-3 (25-22 21-25 25-18 22-25 14-16) match description
    Shimizu Kunihiro (28 ), Usami Daisuke (1), Matsumoto Yoshihiko (14), Yamamura Kota (6), Ishijima Yusuke (23), Koshikawa Yu (4), Tsumagari Katsutoshi (L) and Chiba Shinya (4), Yamamoto Takahiro, Tomimatsu Takaaki (1), Tomonaga Kosuke (1)
    Belaid Khaled (6), Kaabi Hichem (3), Hfaiedh Noureddine (14), Ben Hassine Biel (13), Guidara Ghazi (3), Karamosly Hosni (12), Besrour Amine (L) and Ben Tara Skander, Jerbi Haykel (1), Jouini Chokri (5)

• Well...

I guess Brazil paid the price for kicking Ricardo out.

The truth is the whole team played really badly today (with the exception of Rodrigao maybe). Brazil lost the first to sets in the very end and then had no inner strenght to fight back.

I also want to congratulate Bulgaria for beating Spain. I guess tomorrow Brazil and Spain will face each other in a "life or death" match.

• Some surprises in the first day. Exspecially USA who won against Brasil. It's impressive although sets looked pretty close.
    I support Spain,but it is not so strange, that they lost to Bulgaria. They are EuropeanChampion, but this tournament will be difficult for them. In ECH nobody counted on them - now they are some title holder, so the pressure and expectations are higher.
    And Australia won, which is nice for me :D It should be an interesting tournament.
    Puerto Rico is on the top. Maybe they are going to win? :wink2:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Tomorrow there is another important match - against Egypt, we should win 3:0. :)

You should win it with one hand. Egypt means nothing after they fired Grzegorz Ryś.

The most important 3:

• Quote from "Konrad"

You should win it with one hand. Egypt means nothing after they fired Grzegorz Ryś.

With one hand will be very diffivult, and no matter that they are not soo good, we shouldn\t underestimat them. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Well, I don't want to gloat, but I warned about Spain. :lol: Seems like it was a not too hard victory for Bulgaria.
    Russia run over Argentina, no surprises. Australia won 3vs2 against S. Korea. I didn't think Aus was that bad, I mean...
    US vs Brazil was a very good game. First of all, I have to say I was impressed with Ball, great setter, plays very fast and he is very accurate setter. Stanley serves killed Brazilian reception. The US has a good tactical formation. Very good team, they have been only improving.
    Brazil was a disapointment. I mean, I said many times before I thought Brazil without Ricardo is not better than anyone - not worse, but no longer better. I mean, it's all very equilibrate and equal, and Ricardo was the edge Brazil had on others, and it no longer has.
    But I say a disapointment because I think Brazil has won many times out of will and heart only, and today I didn't see any of that. I thought they were a bit apathetic, mainly in the third set. Maybe they were missing Ricardo, who was, despite a great setter, very vibrant.
    Plus, Brazil, which is always strong in the decisive moments, didn't show it in the first two sets.
    As for individual players, Dante was very bad, and Andre Nascimento didnt do much himself. Giba did what he could I think. Middle players blocked and spiked well.
    Anyway, I thought USA could win - although I wouldn't bet on it - but I didn't think it could be 3vs0.
    PS: Marcelo must feel like shit now. Imagine all the pressure on him. I mean, if Brazil don't win this WC, he, and everyone else for the matter, will think like "with Ricardo Brazil beat everyone, and in the first opportunity Marcelo ruins it all". Even if that's not entirely fair, that's how it will sound.

• If we are talking about teams i support on World Cup that are Bulgaria, Australia and Spain.
    I watched today the game Bulgaria-Spain and have to say that was a very bad match for both teams, no nice actions, no emotions, no cheerful volleyball. I`m glad that Bulgaria won but i`m little said observing Spain cause they behaved like a very tired and sad team - unfortunately not the same who won th EC...
    Comming back to Bulgaria, great game of Konstantinov (and Stoev even put Toshko for a while - and he got a point by block)
    Australia won a big horror with Korea. Some time ago during Asian Camps they also won with Korea in tiebreak something like 20:18... today was crazy victory - 29:27 in tiebreak - GEEEZ! but i`m happy they menaged it!

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Quote from "Russkii"

But I say a disapointment because I think Brazil has won many times out of will and heart only, and today I didn't see any of that. I thought they were a bit apathetic, mainly in the third set. Maybe they were missing Ricardo, who was, despite a great setter, very vibrant...

I am very happy that US won but I was wondering how the lack of Ricardo would impact brazil. It is a shame that the issue is a personality issue versus an injury. It is not a good thing when ego is more important than the team. I do not understand the issue and take no sides. I just think it is a shame. I am sure the US is happy they won but would be even happier if they defeated brazil with ricardo.

• Quote from "Ann"

If we are talking about teams i support on World Cup that are Bulgaria, Australia and Spain.
    I watched today the game Bulgaria-Spain and have to say that was a very bad match for both teams, no nice actions, no emotions, no cheerful volleyball. I`m glad that Bulgaria won but i`m little said observing Spain cause they behaved like a very tired and sad team - unfortunately not the same who won th EC...
    Comming back to Bulgaria, great game of Konstantinov (and Stoev even put Toshko for a while - and he got a point by block)
    Australia won a big horror with Korea. Some time ago during Asian Camps they also won with Korea in tiebreak something like 20:18... today was crazy victory - 29:27 in tiebreak - GEEEZ! but i`m happy they menaged it!

Ann you have a wonderful avatar. :wink2: I don't think the match was so bad, I can't wait to the next match tomorrow in the morning. :)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I think this could be a good thing for Brazil, after all.

I'm POSITIVE that if Brazil wins the tournment, then Ricardo will be out of the OG.

But if things go wrong, people in Brazil are going to pressure the Head Coach to take Ricardo back. I will be the first, since I have always been a HUGE fan.

Anyway, I really want Brazil to win. But if we do not win, then I want our team to do REALLY REALLY badly so the Head Coach can call Ricardo back as soon as possible. :roll:

As for the other teams, I really like high level matches and I honestly think all teams are going to have at least one defeat. That's, of course, if Brazil can put its act together to play Bulgaria and Russia (which I'm not so sure they will).

Anyway, not a good start for my team but I love male volleyball anyway and I can barely wait for those next matches! :D

• schedule for tomorrow

Australia - Russia at 03:35
    Bulgaria - Egypt at 04:05
    Argentina - Tunesia at 06:05
    Puerto Rico - USA at 06:35
    Japan - Korea at 09:00
    Brasil - Spain at 09:35

The times are in GMT ;)
    so if sb lives near me, like poland or so, should get up an hour later :twisted: (or am i wrong :lol: )

i wish you all a nice watching

• Bulgaria - Egypt 3:1, they have won one set, but due to our mistakes. I think this result is better for us because this way we took more points. (25:19, 25:18, 23:25, 25:18), so +18 points from this match, in the other way if we have lost the 3rd set closely with 25:23 the overall would have been +15.
    So I hope we will continue with the victories.
    Good match for Toshko Aleksiev who was chosen man of the match. :)

• Australia - Russia 0-3 (22-25 26-28 10-25) match description
    Hardy Benjamin (4), Campbell Luke (4), Yudin Igor (7), Grant Andrew (1), Carroll Paul (16), Alderman Brett (2), Desalvo Phillip (L) and Roberts Nathan, Young Matthew, Earl Andrew (1), Ferguson David (3),
    Korneev Alexander (13), Poltavskiy Semen (11), Abramov Pavel (7), Grankin Sergey (3), Ostapenko Alexey (11), Volkov Alksander (13), Verbov Alexey (L) and Berezhko Yury (1)

Tunisia - Argentina 1-3 (19-25 21-25 25-23 23-25) match description
    Garci Marouane, Belaid Khaled (1), Hfaiedh Noureddine (15), Ben Hassine Bilel (8 ), Guidara Ghazi, Karamosly Hosni (9), Besrour Amine (L) and Ben Tara Skander, Jerbi Haykiel, Kaabi Hichem (17), Jouini Chokri (13)
    Milinkovic Marcos (27), Stepanenko Diego (7), Orduna Santiago (2), Garcia Guillermo (14), Quiroga Rodrigo (20), Aschemacher Rodrigo (8 ), Meana Martin (L) and De Cecco Luciano, Chavez Lucas

Korea - Japan 0-3 (15-25 20-25 21-25) match description
    You Kwang-Woo, Moon Sung-Min (11), Ha Hyun-Yong (2), Shin Young-Soo (10), Park Jun-Bum (4), Shin Yung-Suk (8 ), Yeo Oh-Hyun (L) and Kim Hak-Min (3), Kim Yo-Han, Song Byung-II (1), Ha Kyoung-Min (4)
    Shimizu Kunihiro (11), Usami Daisuke (1), Ogino Masaji (11), Matsumoto Yoshihiko (7), Yamamura Kota (9), Ishijima Yusuke (16), Tsumagari Katsutoshi (L) and Tomimatsu Takaaki, Koshikawa Yu

USA - Puerto Rico 1-3 (21-25 25-20 17-25 22-25) match description
    Ball Lloy (2), Lee David (4), Priddy William (16), Millar Ryan (9), Salmon Riley (5), Stanley Clayton (9), Lambourne Richard (L) and Rooney Sean (6), Hoff Thomas (2), Hansen Kevin (1), Gardner Gabriel (2)
    Rivera Jose (14), Rivera Victor (8 ), Perez Angel (2), Rodriguez Luis (5), Soto Hector (29), Escalante Enrique (9) Berrios Gregorry (L) and Bird Victor, Matias Alexis (1), Batista Emanuel, Roman Mannix (1)

Bulgaria - Egypt 3-1 (25-19 25-18 23-25 25-18 ) match description
    Tsvetanov Hristo (3), Zhekov Andrey (2), Kaziyski Matey (13), Nikolov Nikolay (8 ), Nikolov Vladimir (11), Konstantinov Plamen (2), Salparov Teodor (L) and Yordanov Boyan (11), Gaydarski Krasimir (1), Stanev Ivan, Aleksiev Todor (13)
    Awad Hamdy (10), Ahmed Abdalla (6), Abd Elnaeim Ahmed (18 ), Einafrawy Mohamed, Badawy Mohamed (12), Shaarawy Hossam (8 ), Al Aydy Wael (L) and Gabal Mohamed, Bekheit Ossama (4)

Brazil - Spain 3-0 (30-28 25-17 25-16) match description
    Marcelinho (2), Giba (12), André (18 ), Gustavo (8 ), Rodrigão (9), Dante (9), Sergio (L) and Bruno, Murilo, Anderson
    Falasca Miguel Angel (3), Falasca Guillermo (17), Molto Jose Luis (6), Garcia-Torres Julian (8 ), De La Fuente Enrique (2), Rodriguez Israel (7), Valido Alexis (L) and Perez Iban, Sevillano Manuel (2)

• Wow! Yesterday I was joking that Puerto Rico is going to win the World Cup and today they won against USA, without bigger problems :shock: :!: I know that is something more than ordinary game for people from Puerto Rico to play against USA, but after all it is a surprise. Of course it is rather impossible for this team to finish in the first three, but they might be dangerous for everybody in this tournament.
    Brasil and USA lose points, which is a good news for Bulgaria and Russia, which haven't lost yet. We will see what happen next days, because nobody wants to lose without fight in this WC.
    And Spain... I'm afraid that they are going to play the same role as Poland played in the last EC. Too much pressure? Because I don't want to say that European title for them was just a chance.

The most important 3:

• WTF is Alekno thinking? Did anyone tell him point average is important in the WC?! Why the main host didn't play?!
    I know this is a long and tiresome competition, and that you need to rest your players, but this was the SECOND match, and the first one was not hard at all, so the players were all pretty rested!
    Australia is a weak team, but there are weaker teams like Korea, Tunisia and Japan, so if he wanted to rest his players, he could have done it when facing them.
    Plus, the best way to rest the host is mixing the players.
    Brazil already crushed Spain today, and we have won 26 and 22 against a weaker Australia. Thank God in the third set it was a one team match, otherwise our point average would had been pretty mediocre.

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Good match for Toshko Aleksiev who was chosen man of the match. :)

8) :lol: :D
    yeah and speaking seriously i couldnt watch the game with Egypt but i`m satisfied that Toshko got the MVP. He showed that he is a good player and can play instead of Plamen in weaker games, everyones knows that Plamen is a class in class but someday he will have to finish his carreer and would be good if there were good substitutions.
    I watched Australia-Russia, the second set was cool and for me there wasnt ace, but ok i`m not the referee :roll: this Carroll is pritty strong guy, very good in attack!
    and Hey WOOOW I`m so happy that Puertorico won with USA. I won`t say i like Puertorco cause it is totally unknown team for me, but as far as Soto is there i wish them luck :lol:

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• And the sets are already 1:1. Now Bulgaria is going to smack Puerto rico down. ;)

• 2:1 for Bulgaria. :) One more set. These puerto rico are really hard team.