World Cup 2007

• 18 Nov. - 2 Dec. 2007

The host country (1): Japan
    Continental champions (5): Australia, Spain, Brazil, USA, Egypt
    Continental vice-champions (4): Russia, Argentina, Puerto Rico, Tunisia
    Wild cards (2): Bulgaria, Korea

• Are you sure of this list ?

I'm pretty sure that the 3 best team of Europe (Spain + Russia + Serbia) are qualified for the WC, because it appears on CEV documents about the OG qualification.
    And on the articles on Continental Championship, the FIVB websites states that USA and Egypt both secured a WC ticket by being champions, not that USA + Puerto Rico and Egypt + Tunisia secured their ticket .

So i'm wondering where you find this list or if the FIVB changed the WC rules ?

• Quote from "Armel"

Are you sure of this list ?

On 99,9%

I'm pretty sure that the 3 best team of Europe (Spain + Russia + Serbia) are qualified for the WC, because it appears on CEV documents about the OG qualification.

Hmm... I don't know nothing about it.

And on the articles on Continental Championship, the FIVB websites states that USA and Egypt both secured a WC ticket by being champions, not that USA + Puerto Rico and Egypt + Tunisia secured their ticket .

If i'm right they wrote '...the USA Team claims an automatic berth into the FIVB World Cup'. Continental champions are automatic qualify, but vice-champions not. 'The last 4 places to compose the 12 participant teams will be the best Continental Vice Champions as for January 2007 world ranking' In article about European Championships they wrote only about Spain also.

So i'm wondering where you find this list or if the FIVB changed the WC rules ?

The same rules (5 champions+ 4 vice-champions)was in 2003 and I didn't read nothing that FIVB changed rules, but maybe i miss something. I don't know... :wink2:

• here is the OG qualification system I was talking about.

But the more I'm looking at this document (not really crystal clear is it ?), the more I'm wondering if I'm not mistaking about the rules.
    I first had the impressions that it meant that the 3 best European teams were to go to WC, but maybe it's just the two best + one wild card, and possibly a second wild card ?

I can't remember where did I read about this, but is it not that one wild card at least has to go to an European team ?

And your explanation about the "automatic" berth into the WC is most probably right.
    By the way, I see this very list (without wild cards) on a french board two days ago. But someone quoted a newspaper article stating that Tunisia won't be playing the WC after the loss against Egypt. So, now I'm assuming the list is correct, but at the time I was wondering which source was wrong.

• 2 Armel, i think you just misunderstood smth.
    I was always like this (considering Europe).
    Winner and finalist qualify for WC.
    And about three teams. It's about WC. Teams placed from 1 to 3 qualify for OG.
    Example: EC03 in Turkey. Poland and Turkey qualified for WC. (Not Germany - third place). Italy was given wild card (6th place in EC).
    After WC China (winner), Brazil (second place) and USA (third place) qualified for OG.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• You're right Nick ! (even if giving female examples :wink2: )

• Quote from "Armel"

You're right Nick ! (even if giving female examples :wink2: )

You're welcome! :wink2: And about female...)) I know more about women results and stuff than men.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

2 Armel, i think you just misunderstood smth.
    I was always like this (considering Europe).
    Winner and finalist qualify for WC.

Yes, but only 4 vice-champion from 5 Continental Championships and if in European Champs would be 1. Russia 2. Spain only Russia would be play in WC (: so from Europe we would be have only one country (I don't account wild cards).

• the FIVB press articles says that Bulgaria was given a wild card in order to let Germany hold an Olympics qualification tournament. Can someone account for this? It seems that Bulgaria was originally given the right to hold the qualification tournament first, but since Germany would also like to hold the event, FIVB changed their mind and let Germany hold it. Bulgaria was thus given the wild card for consolation. It's my guess though. May someone who knows what's happening tell the true story.

• Seems to me that going to the WC is way easier than organizing an european prequalification tournament.

Going to the WC gives 3 chances out of 12 to qualify directly to the OG. Playing the prequalification tournaments gives 1 to 2 chances out of 6 to play the continental qualification tournament where there is 1 out of 8 chances to go to OG.

And as European average level is higher as world wild average level, European prequalification tournament would be almost as hard as the WC.

So giving the wild card to Bulgaria is more than consolating to me...

• Quote from "Justyna"

I heard that Bulgaria get wild card because FIVB signed contract with bulgarian tv, so you know what it means :wink2:

Hey girl, nothing personal, but as far as I know exactly your polish (you are polish,right?) television - TVpol2 or something like that had offered more money as a part of a plan to receive the second wild card which was given to Korea. So what Bulgarians can do, we had been chosen for this card before the EC 2007 and I thing we deserve the card, which can't be said about the polish team, am I write?

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Hey girl, nothing personal, but as far as I know exactly your polish (you are polish,right?) television - TVpol2 or something like that had offered more money as a part of a plan to receive the second wild card which was given to Korea. So what Bulgarians can do, we had been chosen for this card before the EC 2007 and I thing we deserve the card, which can't be said about the polish team, am I write?

But I didn't write that polish team deserved to get wild card. Andrea asked why Bulgaria was chosed and I answered. FIVB promised wild card to Bulgaria one year ago (if i'm right) because of contract with bulgarian tv. Second wild card is given by host country (Japan) not by FIVB.
    As for me on wild card the most deserved Serbia. 4th place on WCH 3rd place on EC.

• Quote from "Justyna"

But I didn't write that polish team deserved to get wild card. Andrea asked why Bulgaria was chosed and I answered. FIVB promised wild card to Bulgaria one year ago (if i'm right) because of contract with bulgarian tv. Second wild card is given by host country (Japan) not by FIVB.
    As for me on wild card the most deserved Serbia. 4th place on WCH 3rd place on EC.

Ok, I'm sorry.

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• The groups are ready:

group A: Australia, Russia, Argentina, Japan, Tunisia, Rep. Korea
    group B: Brazil, BULGARIA, Spain, United States, Egypt, Puerto Rico

These groups only define the order of matches, the team play against everybody in the group, and then with the others team, 11 matches alltogether and then the first three teams in the standings qualify for the olympics.

• 1st ROUND
    Site A - Saitama, Japan
    18 Nov. Korea - Australia
    18 Nov. Japan - Tunisia
    18 Nov. Argentina - Russia
    19 Nov. Australia - Russia
    19 Nov. Tunisia - Argentina
    19 Nov. Korea - Japan
    20 Nov. Japan - Australia
    20 Nov. Argentina - Korea
    20 Nov. Russia - Tunisia

Site B - Matsumoto, Japan
    18 Nov. Brazil - USA
    18 Nov. Spain - Bulgaria
    18 Nov. Egypt - Puerto Rico
    19 Nov. USA - Puerto Rico
    19 Nov. Bulgaria - Egypt
    19 Nov. Brazil - Spain
    20 Nov. Spain - USA
    20 Nov. Egypt - Brazil
    20 Nov. Puerto Rico - Bulgaria

2nd ROUND
    Site A - Hiroshima, Japan
    22 Nov. Australia - Tunisia
    22 Nov. Korea - Russia
    22 Nov. Japan - Argentina
    23 Nov. Argentina - Australia
    23 Nov. Russia - Japan
    23 Nov. Tunisia - Korea

Site B - Toyama, Japan
    22 Nov. USA - Bulgaria
    22 Nov. Brazil - Puerto Rico
    22 Nov. Spain - Egypt
    23 Nov. Egypt - USA
    23 Nov. Puerto Rico - Spain
    23 Nov. Bulgaria - Brazil

3rd ROUND
    Site A - Fukuoka, Japan
    25 Nov. Argentina - Puerto Rico
    25 Nov. Spain - Russia
    25 Nov. Japan - Egypt
    26 Nov. Argentina - Spain Japan
    26 Nov. Egypt - Russia
    26 Nov. Japan - Puerto Rico
    27 Nov. Argentina - Egypt
    27 Nov. Puerto Rico - Russia
    27 Nov. Japan - Spain

Site B - Okayama, Japan
    25 Nov. Tunisia - USA
    25 Nov. Bulgaria - Korea
    25 Nov. Brazil - Australia
    26 Nov. Korea - USA
    26 Nov. Australia - Bulgaria
    26 Nov. Brazil - Tunisia
    27 Nov. Australia - USA
    27 Nov. Bulgaria - Tunisia
    27 Nov. Brazil - Korea

4th ROUND
    Site A - Tokyo (A)
    30 Nov. Argentina - Brazil
    30 Nov. Bulgaria - Russia
    30 Nov. Japan - USA
    01 Dec. Argentina - USA
    01 Dec. Brazil - Russia
    01 Dec. Japan - Bulgaria
    02 Dec. Argentina - Bulgaria
    02 Dec. Russia - USA
    02 Dec. Japan - Brazil

Site B - Tokyo (B)
    30 Nov. Puerto Rico - Tunisia
    30 Nov. Egypt - Korea
    30 Nov. Australia - Spain
    01 Dec. Egypt - Tunisia
    01 Dec. Spain -Korea
    01 Dec. Australia - Puerto Rico
    02 Dec. Spain - Tunisia
    02 Dec. Korea - Puerto Rico
    02 Dec. Australia - Egypt

• Thanks for the program, I was going to search for it, in order to know how the matches of Bulgaria are situated, but you've posted in, thanks. You have the habit to post the most important things and that's great. ;)