World Cup 2007

• 25:17 in the third set for BULGARIA. 3:1 victory against Puerto rico, I want to congratulates them for how they've played, they gave us a really hard time and there are good team. :) And after 3 games BULGARIA is leader in the more difficult group in the World Cup. Tomorrow is a rest day and at thursday and friday are the most important matches against USA and Brazil. :) Good luck to our boys. :wink2:

Off topic: And happy birthday to Ann. I wish you all the best in your life. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I believe the USA loss to Puerto Rico (oops, I meant Spain...) last night means they will not be qualifying for the OG during the WC, even if they were capable of winning every other match. They still have Russia, Bulgaria, etc...

• Quote from "redhawkvb"

I believe the USA loss to Puerto Rico last night means they will not be qualifying for the OG during the WC, even if they were capable of winning every other match. They still have Russia, Bulgaria, etc...

I hope you are right about this. But still the match at thirsday Bulgaria - USA will be match of great importance. :)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Russia - Tunisia 3-1 (22-25 25-15 25-12 25-16) match description
    Poltavskiy Semen (22), Tetyukhin Sergey (14), Khamuttskikh Vadim (4), Berezhko Yury (15), Volkov Alksander (11), Kuleshov Alexey, Verbov Alexey (L) and Korneev Alexander (2), Kruglov Pavel, Ostapenko Alexey (8 )
    Ben Tara Skander (5), Ben Brik Aymen (4), Kaabi Hichem (17), Hfaiedh Noureddine (5), Guidara Ghazi (2), Karamosly Hosni (6), Besrour Amine (L) and Garci Marouane, Belaid Khaled (3), Jerbi Haykiel, Ben Hassine Bilel, Jouini Chokri (1)

Argentina - Korea 3-0 (26-24 25-22 25-20) match description
    Milinkovic Marcos (18 ), Stepanenko Diego (7), Orduna Santiago (4), Garcia Guillermo (16), Quiroga Rodrigo (11), Aschemacher Rodrigo (6), Meana Martin (L) and Chavez Lucas, Layus Tomas
    You Kwang-Woo (2), Moon Sung-Min (8 ), Ha Hyun-Yong (7), Shin Young-Soo (12), Park Jun-Bum (7), Ha Kyoung-Min (9), Yeo Oh-Hyun (L) and Kim Hak-Min (3), Kim Yo-Han, Shin Yung-Suk

Japan - Australia 0-3 (19-25 21-25 21-25) match description
    Shimizu Kunihiro (14), Usami Daisuke (1), Ogino Masaji (1), Matsumoto Yoshihiko (6), Yamamura Kota (4), Ishijima Yusuke (8 ), Tsumagari Katsutoshi (L) and Chiba Shinya (1), Yamamoto Takahiro, Tomimatsu Takaaki (3), Koshikawa Yu (8 ), Tomonaga Kosuke
    Hardy Benjamin (10), Campbell Luke (1), Yudin Igor (7), Grant Andrew (9), Carroll Paul (23), Alderman Brett, Desalvo Phillip (L) and Ferguson David (1)

Bulgaria - Puerto Rico 3-1 (19-25 25-18 27-25 25-17) match description
    Ivanov Evgeni (5), Zhekov Andrey (4), Gaydarski Krasimir (2), Kaziyski Matey (22), Nikolov Vladimir (4), Konstantinov Plamen (14), Salparov Teodor (L) and Tsvetanov Hristo (10), Yordanov Boyan (9), Nikolov Nikolay, Aleksiev Todor
    Rivera Jose (14), Rivera Victor (10), Perez Angel, Rodriguez Luis (5), Soto Hector (16), Escalante Enrique (3) Berrios Gregorry (L) and Bird Victor, Matias Alexis, Morales Fernando, Roman Mannix

Spain - USA 3-1 (21-25 25-20 27-25 25-20) match description
    Falasca Miguel Angel (3), Falasca Guillermo (18 ), Molto Jose Luis (14), Garcia-Torres Julian (9), De La Fuente Enrique (7), Rodriguez Israel (19), Valido Alexis (L) and Pascual Rafael, Sevillano Manuel
    Ball Lloy (4), Lee David (8 ), Priddy William (10), Millar Ryan (11), Salmon Riley (2), Stanley Clayton (14), Lambourne Richard (L) and Rooney Sean (5), Polster James (2), Hansen Kevin, Gardner Gabriel (13)

Brazil - Egypt 3-0 (25-18 15-14 25-17) match description
    Marcelinho, Andre Heller (9), Giba (12), André (8 ), Gustavo (6), Dante (5), Sergio (L) and Bruno, Samuel (1), Murilo (4), Anderson (5), Rodrigão (2)
    Awad Hamdy (7), Ahmed Abdalla (2), Abd Elnaeim Ahmed (6), Elnafrawy Mohamed (1), Badawy Mohamed (7), Shaarawy Hossam (5), Al Aydy Wael (L) and Gabal Mohamed (5), Bekheit Ossama, El Daabousi Mohamed (2)

• Best players after 1st round

Best Scorers
    1. Carroll Paul AUS 74
    2. Soto Hector PUR 60
    3. Shimizu Kunihiro JPN 53
    4. Milinkovic Marcos ARG 49
    5. Kaziyski Matey BUL 48

Best Spikers
    1. Poltavskiy Semen RUS 70.73
    2. Quiroga Rodrigo ARG 64.52
    3. Nascimento André Luiz da Silva BRA 61.22
    4. Konstantinov Plamen BUL 60.87
    5. Kaziyski Matey BUL 41 60.29

Best Blockers
    1. Molto Jose Luis ESP 1.00
    2. Endres Gustavo BRA 0.78
    3. Ben Hassine Bilel TUN 0.77
    4. Matsumoto Yoshihiko JPN 0.73
    5. Grant Andrew AUS 0.73

Best Servers
    1. Ostapenko Alexey RUS 0.70
    2. Garcia Guillermo ARG 0.70
    3. Poltavskiy Semen RUS 0.60
    4. Stanley Clayton USA 0.55
    5. Godoy Filho Gilberto BRA 0.44

Best Diggers
    1. Santos Sérgio Dutra BRA 3.22
    2. Berrios Gregorry PUR 3.09
    3. Valido Alexis ESP 2.45
    4. Yeo Oh-Hyun KOR 2.27
    5. Lambourne Richard USA 2.27

Best Setters
    1. Falasca Miguel Angel ESP 10.82
    2. Ball Lloy USA 10.00
    3. Usami Daisuke JPN 10.00
    4. Elgarten Marcelo BRA 9.78
    5. Alderman Brett AUS 9.55

Best Receivers
    1. Tsumagari Katsutoshi JPN 77.78
    2. Priddy William USA 76.53
    3. Konstantinov Plamen BUL 75.76
    4. Santos Sérgio Dutra BRA 75.56
    5. De La Fuente Enrique ESP 74.65

• It is nice that Spain won something at last. However, what happens to USA? :? They have beaten Brasil and... they have real problem now. I doubt whether they qualify from WC. Bulgaria has three victories and is on the good way like Russia. But the fight is still on its way. In men's WC we have less very weak teams than in woman's. I mean: S.Korea, Egypt and Japan. Even Australia plays quite good. So ther is not much of easy games.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• It's a little offtopic but can I ask something. The team in the Justyna's profile isn't it the club where Arek Golas was playing?

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

It's a little offtopic but can I ask something. The team in the Justyna's profile isn't it the club where Arek Golas was playing?

Yes, he played in AZS Częstochowa from 2000 to 2004

• Quote from "Justyna"

Yes, he played in AZS Częstochowa from 2000 to 2004

Yeah, thanks, I'm sorry I was talking about this, but I remembered about him.

• Bulgaria screwed again. A pity. :(
    I think Zhekov played a bad match, but in the quality and distribution of the settings.
    Bulgaria is very unstable, and lacks a bit of basic fundaments of volleyball, like reception and digs.
    Well, I still think they will classify to the OG, but I think it will be difficult to be the champions, mostly because of bad point average. On the good side though, Russia is the only strong team Bulgaria still has to face, but in this one, I can't cheer for Bulgaria. :D

• Quote from "Russkii"

Bulgaria screwed again. A pity. :(
    I think Zhekov played a bad match, but in the quality and distribution of the settings.
    Bulgaria is very unstable, and lacks a bit of basic fundaments of volleyball, like reception and digs.
    Well, I still think they will classify to the OG, but I think it will be difficult to be the champions, mostly because of bad point average. On the good side though, Russia is the only strong team Bulgaria still has to face, but in this one, I can't cheer for Bulgaria. :D

So, tell me did usa deserve more the victory, it was very interesting match and the chance was with them, also there was only one referee mistake, the point was decided to be for usa, but was for Bulgaria. This kind of loss.. it's awfull, it's the most paintfull, but that's life. We keep walking and look forward to the match against Brazil. We shouldn't have lost this match but the destiny said other thing. But never mind, good luck bulgarian boys, we love you. :) One love, one nation, one team - BULGARIA FOREVER!!!

• Well, all sets had a 2 points difference, and it ended in the tie break, 15x12, so I think both teams could win, and it would be equally fair.
    I just can't understand the USA, beating Bulgaria and Brazil and losing to Puerto Rico and Spain...

• Quote from "Russkii"

Well, all sets had a 2 points difference, and it ended in the tie break, 15x12, so I think both teams could win, and it would be equally fair.
    I just can't understand the USA, beating Bulgaria and Brazil and losing to Puerto Rico and Spain...

Yeah, As I said, that's sport. But how about Russia, you are in the less difficulkt group, only russia is a strong team and in our group only egypt is a weak team, although groups only decide the order of matches it is good to know that you already have 5 victories against the team, I don't think it' fair that way - Bulgaria, USA, Brazil, Spain and Puerto Rico to be in one group in the beggining.

• Korea - Russia 0-3 (16-25 14-25 19-25) match description
    Kim Hak-Min (12), Shin Young-Soo (4), Park Jun-Bum (10), Song Byung-II (2), Ha Kyoung-Min, Shin Yung-Suk (2), Yeo Oh-Hyun (L) and You Kwang-Woo, Moon Sung-Min, Ha Hyun-Yong (5), Kim Yo-Han (2)
    Korneev Alexander (11), Kruglov Pavel (12), Grankin Sergey (1), Berezhko Yury (8 ), Volkov Alksander (10), Kuleshov Alexey (11), Verbov Alexey (L) and Abramov Pavel (1), Ostapenko Alexey (2)

Australia - Tunisia 3-1 (25-22 35-37 26-24 25-22) match description
    Hardy Benjamin (18 ), Campbell Luke (12), Yudin Igor (12), Grant Andrew (7), Carroll Paul (21), Alderman Brett (2), Desalvo Phillip (L) and Christensen Jarryd, Roberts Nathan (7), Young Matthew, Ferguson David
    Ben Brik Aymen (4), Kaabi Hichem (7), Hfaiedh Noureddine (19), Ben Hassine Bilel (10), Guidara Ghazi (2), Karamosly Hosni (13), Besrour Amine (L) and Garci Marouane (16), Jerbi Haykiel, Jouini Chokri (8 )

Japan - Argentina 3-0 (25-23 25-19 26-24) match description
    Shimizu Kunihiro (12), Usami Daisuke (4), Matsumoto Yoshihiko (6), Yamamura Kota (4), Ishijima Yusuke (12), Koshikawa Yu (15), Tsumagari Katsutoshi (L) and Yamamoto Takahiro, Tomimatsu Takaaki (1)
    Milinkovic Marcos (15), Stepanenko Diego (6), Orduna Santiago, Garcia Guillermo (5), Quiroga Rodrigo (8 ), Aschemacher Rodrigo (6), Meana Martin (L) and Scholtis Gustavo (2), De Cecco Luciano (1), Chavez Lucas (2), Giani Gaston (5)

Egypt - Spain 0-3 (19-25 21-25 19-25) match description
    Awad Hamdy (5), Ahmed Abdalla (1), Abd Elnaeim Ahmed (19), Elnafrawy Mohamed (2), Badawy Mohamed, Shaarawy Hossam (4), Al Aydy Wael (L) and Gabal Mohamed, Bekheit Ossama (1), Youssef Saleh (9), El Mahdy Mohamed
    Falasca Miguel Angel (3), Falasca Guillermo (18 ), Molto Jose Luis (7), Garcia-Torres Julian (6), De La Fuente Enrique (9), Rodriguez Israel (8 ), Valido Alexis (L) and Pascual Rafael (1), Sevillano Manuel (4)

Brazil - Puerto Rico 3-0 (25-13 25-21 25-17) match description
    Marcelinho (4), Giba (13), André (6), Gustavo (6), Rodrigão (9), Dante (14), Sergio (L) and Bruno, Anderson
    Rivera Jose (5), Rivera Victor (6), Perez Angel, Rodriguez Luis (9), Soto Hector (9), Escalante Enrique (5) Berrios Gregorry (L) and Bird Victor (2), Matias Alexis (2), Morales Fernando, Batista Emanuel, Roman Mannix

Bulgaria - USA 2-3 (27-29 25-20 30-28 22-25 12-15) match description
    Ivanov Evgeni (3), Tsvetanov Hristo (11), Zhekov Andrey (3), Kaziyski Matey (26), Nikolov Vladimir (23), Konstantinov Plamen (12), Salparov Teodor (L) and Yordanov Boyan, Gaydarski Krasimir (6), Nikolov Nikolay, Aleksiev Todor (1)
    Ball Lloy (4), Priddy William (6), Millar Ryan (15), Salmon Riley (23), Hoff Thomas (12), Gardner Gabriel (10), Lambourne Richard (L) and Rooney Sean (6), Stanley Clayton (12), Hansen Kevin

• Although Bulgaria lost today, they still have great chances to qualify as well as Russia and Brasil. USA is back in bussiness again, but they could have real problems due to this defeat against Puerto Rico.
    BUL-BRA tomorrow - it might be very interesting game because it's important for both teams.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Well.... let's see if Brazil has REALLY put its act together.

I expect a very tense match. If Giba decides to play its best, then it will be very difficult to beat us.

But if Marcelo decides to srew us... then we are finished :roll:

Let's wait and see.......

But if Marcelo decides to srew us... then we are finished

That's unfair, he is a very good setter.

As for Giba, ok, he is a great player, but his "best" relies a lot on Brazilian fast gameplay. Honestly, if Brazil didn't have Ricardo all these years, and if the whole system was not based on absurd speed, I don't think Giba would be compared to some of the best spikers in the world - Milikovic, Kazyzki, Poltavsky, Milinkovic - even though he is very skilled.

• Quote from "Russkii"

That's unfair, he is a very good setter.

As for Giba, ok, he is a great player, but his "best" relies a lot on Brazilian fast gameplay. Honestly, if Brazil didn't have Ricardo all these years, and if the whole system was not based on absurd speed, I don't think Giba would be compared to some of the best spikers in the world - Milikovic, Kazyzki, Poltavsky, Milinkovic - even though he is very skilled.

I agree about Giba. He is a good player only when he is playing for our NT. In fact, the vast majority of brazilian players are just OK. They do work very well together, though.

As for Marcelo... well, he is still one of the best setters out there, but it is just impossible not to compare him to the greatest of the greatest: Ricardo. I think Ricardo must be on of the best setters of all times.

That being said, I'm not sure if Marcelo can really take the best out of our team like Ricardo could. I mean, clearly, even mediocre players could play fairly well with him.