World League 2008

• Team USA Plays Jekyll and Hyde in Loss to Bulgaria

After being handily swept Friday night, Team Bulgaria defeated Team USA in a see-saw five set match Saturday night, 12-25, 25-16, 25-20, 12-25 and 15-13 in front of a crowd of 5,100 fans at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, IL. Team USA continued its dominance in the first and fourth sets with 25-12 victories in both. However, Team Bulgaria proved more resilient tonight as they took sets two, three and the deciding fifth set.

Read Full Article including Photos and Press Conference Video Links

The press conference includes Team Bulgaria. Let me know if the Bulgarian translator did a good job of translating...

• I have updated the page and it includes the Team Bulgaria press conference. You can get to it two ways:

Home Page (for the next few days)

Main World League Page (permanent)

• sNeige, I think that even there were some missing players in Polish NT in the first match with China, their loss is somehow illogical and unexpcted to me and i thought that with the players they had in this game they would win.

Agree. "Second" squad is not an excuse. Poland didn't play with junior team but, with players who want to play in OG in August. Good, that they won today...
    Congratulations on victory in USA.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I like the Brazilian team...

They change their lineups alot... Samuel is a pretty good player, so is Murilo..

Samuel-Murilo-Eder-Lucas-Sidao-Bruno

• Italy-Russia 3:1 (27:25, 25:23, 24:26, 25:21)

The most important 3:

• Italy-Russia 3:1 (27:25, 25:23, 24:26, 25:21)

Now, there isn't a team in the league that is without lost.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Spain - Bulgaria 3:1
    I'm so mad to Stoev - it was like a friendly match for him, he was rotating the squad all the time, illogical. :cursing:

• Spain - Bulgaria 3:1
    I'm so mad to Stoev - it was like a friendly match for him, he was rotating the squad all the time, illogical. :cursing:

Is Stoev guilty that Stoykov, Ananiev, Aleksiev can't receive a single ball..nobody has striving to win...so lazy..they made me absolutely mad...serving-again...only zhekov...

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Yordanov was good too. I liked Gaydarski also but why Stoev replaced him with Bogdanov, Gaydarski was so succesfull on block?!
    I don't understand why Stoev insist with Stoykov and Bogdanov?!
    Pffff, I'm so :mad:

• Yordanov was good too. I liked Gaydarski also but why Stoev replaced him with Bogdanov, Gaydarski was so succesfull on block?!
    I don't understand why Stoev insist with Stoykov and Bogdanov?!
    Pffff, I'm so :mad:

Because they are from Levski! That's why.

• Poland 3-0 Japan :)

It was a nice match but Mariusz Wlazły got injured his thumb..

• Yes, very good match by Poland at last, especially two first sets. Wlazły's injury doesn't seem to be dangerous.
    It was more than visible, that Poland play much better with players like Wlazły and Świderski and Świderski was great today :thumbup:
    Japan-Poland 0-3 (14:25, 12:25, 22:25)
    Oh, and finally Spain won something :)

The most important 3:

• Oh, and finally Spain won something

3rd game Konrad :P :P

I watched this game with Bulgaria and it was totally amazing. In the first 2 sets Rodriguez wasn`t so good but lately he achived most points and was really unstopable. I`m so happy for Spain, they deserved to win. Molto and Perez had a great serves.

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• 3rd game Konrad :P :P

I know. I should have written: "Something", cause I treat victory over Bulgaria like that :)

The most important 3:

• And they maybe will win another "something" today if Toto (Aleksiev), Meto (Ananiev) and Stoykov are again so tragic in reception. ;( It was a real disaster... We gived the win to the Spanish. So many mistakes... :down:

• Yes, very good match by Poland at last, especially two first sets. Wlazły's injury doesn't seem to be dangerous.
    It was more than visible, that Poland play much better with players like Wlazły and Świderski and Świderski was great today :thumbup:
    Japan-Poland 0-3 (14:25, 12:25, 22:25)
    Oh, and finally Spain won something :)

Haha
    Japan - Poland 3-2 :D
    No surprise, Japan are very strong, very quick, I don't know how we wil beat them at OG.

• Haha
    No surprise, Japan are very strong, very quick, I don't know how we wil beat them at OG.

I know how, do you want to hear... - 3:0 for us for approximately 1h 10 minutes. :)

• Haha

I'm happy with your happiness :tzz:
    I don't know if you were joking, but if you weren't: don't make me laugh. If Japan is strong, then Washington is capital city of Bulgaria :roll: Poland were leading 2-0 and didn't take advantage of it, just gave Japan victory on the silver plate. It seems to me, that Poland got usedt to winning only 50% matches in this WL edition (3 wins and 3 loses).
    And in my opinion Japan is weaker than Egypt and China at the moment and I don't know if they will be able to win more than one match in Beijing.

The most important 3:

• Surprisely for me:

Spain - Bulgaria 2:3 (25:17, 27:29, 25:15, 23:25, 10:15)

Spain: Iban Perez (21), Miguel Angel Falasca (4), Jose Luis Molto (12), Julian Garcia-Torres (7), Manuel Sevillano (15), Israel Rodriguez (17), Alexis Valido (Juan Carlos Barcala, Fran Rodriguez, Enrique De La Fuente)

Bulgaria: Andrey Zhekov (5), Danail Milushev (9), Todor Aleksiev (1), Kostadin Stoykov (16), Krasimir Gaydarski (2), Teodor Bogdanov (4), Teodor Salparov (Martin Penev (5), Metodi Ananiev (7), Boyan Yordanov (16), Hristo Cvetanov (4), Ivan Stanev)

Heroes of the match - Zhekov, Yordanov and Penev. A very nervous match...

• Martin Stoev said that boys are not in shape and it won;t work out today, we will loose, and haha..., again Boyan Yordanov. Now it's time to get our revenge on Finland!