European Olympic Qualification

• Thanks for the site!!!!!

even day more I understand less FIVB!!!!!! :mad:

These qualification tournaments are so unfair.... :down:

I really don't agree.....there are so many players and teams that won't be able to participate a Olimpyc cause of this!!!!!!!! :(

• I did not understand very well how they are going to choose who'll get the spot for Asian team and in the world classification... it's like 1st ranked (in the Qualif.) of Asia plus other 3 team that are best ranked? :white:

• In the world olympic tournament the formula is simple: the best asian team + 3 best ranked teams (this means if one asian team finishes within the first 3 places, the fourth place will also get a ticket to beijing)

The most optimistic scenario for Asia: If the 4 asian teams competing in this tournament get the first 4 places of this tournament, then all 4 qualifiy for Beijing. (Very unlikely but yet possible).

The worst scenario for Asia: None of the asian teams in the first 3 places of the tournament.... then ONLY the best asian team will qualify.

In my opinion, it's going to be as follows:

1. europe

2. europe

3. japan

4. korea

all of them qualifying to the 2008 olympics.

• German 22-player roster for the tournament in Halle:

Kathleen Weiß, Linda Dörendahl, Cathrin Schlüter, Berit Kauffeldt (all Schweriner SC), Mareen Apitz, Kerstin Tzscherlich, Heike Beier, Corina Ssuschke, Anne Matthes (all Dresdner SC), Maren Brinker, Julia Schlecht (both TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Dominice Steffen (NA.Hamburg), Saskia Hippe (Köpenicker SC), Birgit Thumm (Allianz Volley Stuttgart), Tanja Hart (1. VC Wiesbaden), Kathy Radzuweit (Imola/ITA), Angelina Grün (Bergamo/ITA), Christiane Fürst (Pesaro/ITA), Hanka Pachale (Perugia/ITA), Cornelia Dumler (Ostiano/ITA), Margareta Kozuch (Sassulo/ITA), Atika Bouagaa (Istanbul/TUR)

Interesting to see Hart and Thumm back. Hart actually had finished her career but Guidetti asked her to play and she agreed. Thumm has recovered from her knee injury and is currently playing in 2nd league. I don't think she will be ready for Halle. Junior player Kauffeldt and Hippe are in the team for the first time, Julia Schlecht is back after 2 year absence.

• List of Polish players
    SKOWRONSKA-DOLATA Katarzyna, ZENIK Mariola, DZIEKIEWICZ Eleonora, BELCIK Izabela, SLIWA Magdalena, PODOLEC Anna, GLINKA-MOGENTALE Malgorzata, SWIENIEWICZ Dorota, BEDNAREK Agnieszka, GAJGAL Katarzyna, BARANSKA Anna, SADUREK Milena, ROSNER Milena, LIKTORAS Maria, SAWICKA Agata, PRZYBYSZ Aleksandra, SKORUPA Katarzyna, KOCZOROWSKA Dominika, KACZOROWSKA Klaudia, MAJ Paulina, CIASZKIEWICZ Karolina, FRATCZAK Kamila

• Anna Baranska :what:
    she seems to have changed her mind about NT.nice to see her again.

• Anna Baranska :what:
    she seems to have changed her mind about NT.nice to see her again.

she HAD to change her mind....
    Since she refused earlier, the polish association was about to take her playing license away.
    So, not to loose the license she agreed to play in the nationalteam if she gets called......
    (this is a short summary of this little scandal...)

• she HAD to change her mind....
    Since she refused earlier, the polish association was about to take her playing license away.
    So, not to loose the license she agreed to play in the nationalteam if she gets called......

I also thought it was weird her come back... But it's sad to hear that she only did that because he had a "little incentive" :down:

• The problem now is that the other players dont accept her so well.....
    Some said, that its her decision and that they dont need her. Now that Baranska is back to the team it might cause some internal bad mood...

besides that nobody really knows why she didnt want to play in the team.... Who knows...maybe she wasnt feeling comfortable...

But not paying attention to all the psychological aspects, its great to have such a strong player in the team

• I think it's clear that the team doesn't need her, and that she doesn't need the team either.
    She's a great player, but if her return causes problem among the players, I think it's better that she does not play...

(I personally prefer Barańska than many of the other players, but it's not my decision hehehe)

Anyway, it's only the 18 player roster, isn't it? Many, many things can change :P

• Germany and Poland has great teams...and both can win the championship, like many others!!!!

I didn't know that SWIENIEWICZ was going to play...I thought that I read somewhere that she wouldn't...but I definetly read wrong...cause I definetly don't know more of Poland than you guys!!!! :lol:

And about Baranska...well...Agree that is great to see her back....but I don't agree with the way this happened...I think she should get back only if she wanted....and I agree that this can be bad for Poland if she is going to be forced to play or anything....but I hope this change....at least to see a good championship...although I won't cheer for Poland.... :lol:

• she HAD to change her mind....

That's ridiculous. No one should be forced to play like that. Honestly, juridically speaking, I don't think they would be able to cancel her license even if she refused to play for the NT.

• It was possible because she signed a contract a while ago, that she will be part of the NT if she gets called.
    She refused and broke that contract, so the association had all possibilities.

A contract? Never heard of something similar. Do you know the details?

• It is actually quite normal in many countries. I know that in Turkey players who are called in NT must play or otherwise they are banned from league matches. I think it's a general rule that players have to play for their national federation, but most countries don't force players to play if they don't want.

• This is really absurd!!!! The players should have the right to decide that...even cause how you are going to do something well...if you don't wnat to be there!!!!!!! ?(

This looks like Cuba!!!!If you don't play is cause you don't love your country so or you leave the country or you go to prison or worse!!!! This is to old for my mind!!!!

But anyway...the players also accepted that...cause they signed! :|

• @ joana
    well usually its the biggest honor to represent your own country. And in volleyball the successes of Nationalteam weighs more than anything else, so i really cant understand Ania....
    I think the reason why the Polish Association was so hard to Ania was because she didnt mention any good reason for not playing in the team...
    So in their eyes she was behaving egoistically and not respectfully towards the polish nationalteam...

I really can understand them