European Olympic Qualification

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

Hm, Bulgaria and Romania had at the end 3 victories and 1 loss, only the games decided which team to go, and in the direct match Bulgaria had beaten Romania. And against Romania Belarus didn't play with its team but with the resservs players. Anyway we still have chance for Hale. And I promise to remind you what did you say today, about this shadow and so on, I like the coach, Neshic is great, we are on the right way, you'll see this very soon.

what chance are you talking about please ??

• Quote from "AFROMAN"

And I promise to remind you what did you say today, about this shadow and so on, I like the coach, Neshic is great, we are on the right way, you'll see this very soon.

I'm looking forward for that :wink2:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Quote from "Konrad"

I'm looking forward for that :wink2:

Ok, I now what my team can do, so you'll see. And I promise you one loss for Poland from Bulgaria in women volleyball when they face each other. The last time we played you have won the tie-break luckily, but next time we'll beat you. :wink2:

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Well, I think if you had one more middle and outside, you would be more strong team. I watched few times Bulgarian team, they can play good volleyball. You have good players but Lubka, Strashimira, Eva and Elena are not enough... oh, forgot your libero also (Fillipova?). If you had one more outside as Janeva and middle as Sokolova was in your team, it would be great. Plus I think your team has to train reception very hard. Well, those are my thoughts, my best wishes to Bulgaria. :wink2:

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• European Qualification tournament which will be held from 14th to 20th January 2008 in Halle (GER). Eight teams will compete for one Olympic spot:

Germany - Organizer
    Serbia - 2nd of the 2007 European Championships
    Russia - 3rd of the 2007 European Championships
    Poland - 4th of the 2007 European Championships
    The Netherlands – 1st ranked team of the pre-qualification tournament organized in Eindhoven (NED)
    Turkey - 1st ranked team of the pre-qualification tournament organized in Ankara (TUR)
    Romania -1st ranked team of the pre-qualification tournament organized in Gabrovo (BUL)
    Croatia – best 2nd team of the three qualification tournaments

• Yes, and only the winner is going to get a ticket to the OG. It's a real hard one :roll:
    Russia, Serbia and Poland are favourites for me, but The Netherlands and Turkey and maybe Germany will be fighting too. I don't give many chances to Romania and Croatia.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• in the last qualification(for 2004 Athens) our team played final but it will be a really difficult tournament this year without Natali,Nesli,Bahar but anyway that's women volley maybe we'll see some surprises.ı think serbia has a big chance to qualify if they have djerisilo,spasocevic and krsmanovic back.why doesn't vesna tomasevic(tenerife marichal)play for NT?Did she play before?as much as ı know she was playing in the universiade for serbia this summer and she was doing well.

• Quote from "DEMIR17"

iwhy doesn't vesna tomasevic(tenerife marichal)play for NT?Did she play before?as much as ı know she was playing in the universiade for serbia this summer and she was doing well.

She hasn't played on NT for a long time. The thing is, in 2004/05 Terzic made a list of players who would make the basis of the national team for the next few years. And if any of those players is unavailable, she would be replaced with a player from junior NT. Tomasevic missed the cut and that basically meant that she would most likely never get to play on the A team... Terzic was criticized for that and accused of protecting "his" players from Red Star that he coached (Tomasevic played in Jedinstvo), but he has his own coaching philosophy and it's worked so far, so...

Anyway, this will be a mini European Championships in a way... Very tough tournament. Russia, Germany, Serbia and Poland will fight for the first place and pretty much all of them will have a chance to clinch it. Netherlands has a chance too. I don't think Turkey will be strong enough without Neslihan and Croatia can be a darkhorse if they manage to field Osmokrovic and Poljak. I don't see them winning, but they could make life very difficult for some of the top teams.

• Quote from "Matthias"

Hanka Pachale said in an interview that she's ready to play for our NT in Halle. Guidetti also asked Tanja Hart but she has not agreed yet.

what?! :shock: PACHALE??? seriously?
    uff.... im happy that she might be back but why now damn ehehe that will make it a lot harder for poland to qualify eheh

• If

1)Russia wins; Serbia and Poland go to World tournament (WQT)
    2)Serbia wins; Russia and Poland go to WQT
    3)Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Turkey, Romania or Croatia wins; Russia and Serbia go to WQT

So Russia and Serbia have certainly two possibilities to qualify. Poland has maybe two possibilities (Poland wins EQT, or Serbia or Russia win it).
    The other teams have just one possibility.

• How are the groups going to be??

• Quote from "zik013"

Neslihan is not pregnant !!! at least she plays for Tenerife now !!!

she might be pregnant anyway....
    just playing still... i dont remember who it was (paulo or?) but this player played so long until it was a bit too dangerous.
    so maybe nesli is just in the first weeks of her pregnancy

• Quote from "Matthias"

Neslihan wants to play as long as her replacement arrives, it is OK from the medical point of view to play for a few more weeks.

Several players played while they were pregnant, but the most "famous" and recent pregnant player was Paula Pequeno, I think... she played until 6 or 7 months...
    Honestly? I think it's their job, but I find it a bit dangerous too...

• Several players played while they were pregnant, but the most "famous" and recent pregnant player was Paula Pequeno, I think... she played until 6 or 7 months...
    Honestly? I think it's their job, but I find it a bit dangerous too...

yup....paula played until 5 or 6 months...i think itz really dangerous...

will demir play for turkey NT in olympic qualification?? if not, it will seriously affact the chance of turkey qualify for olympic games..

this 8 teams, my favourite is poland..hope i can see them in beijing 2008!

but to be honest, i think russia & serbia have biggest chance...also germany, as they are host country and they always play very well in Olympic Qualification games.