World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008 - Japan

• May 17-25: Women's World/Asian Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Japan (a. top team; b. best Asian team except the team qualified in (a); c. top two teams except the teams qualified in (a) and (b) qualify)

• Host + 3 best Asian teams (Japan, Thailand, Korea, Kazakhstan)+ 4 best World ranked teams (Dominican Republic, Poland, Puerto Rico, Serbia)

schedule for Poland (unfo I have no final schedule for all teams) :

17th May - Poland - Japan

18th May - Poland - Kazakhstan

20th May - Poland - Dominican Rep.

21st May - Poland - Korea

23rd May - Poland - Thailand

24th May - Poland - Serbia

25th May - Poland - Puerto Rico

• make it complete........

Korea x Puerto Rico
    Thailand x Dominican Republic
    Serbia x Kazakhstan
    Japan x Poland

Kazakhstan x Poland
    Dominican Republic x Serbia
    Korea x Thailand
    Japan x Puerto Rico

05.19 Rest Day

Thailand x Puerto Rico
    Serbia x Korea
    Poland x Dominican Republic
    Japan x Kazakhstan

Puerto Rico x Kazakhstan
    Korea x Poland
    Thailand x Serbia
    Japan x Dominican Republic

05.22 Rest Day

Serbia x Puerto Rico
    Poland x Thailand
    Kazakhstan x Dominican Republic
    Japan x Korea

Puerto Rican x Dominican Republic
    Korea x Kazakhstan
    Serbia x Poland
    Japan x Thailand

Poland x Puerto Rico
    Kazakhstan x Thailand
    Dominican Republic x Korea
    Japan x Serbia

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• After all...how many teams are going to be classified at the end of this Championship? 3 or 4?

Well....Serbia, Poland muct get the quali!!!!!
    And Japan as well....

• After all...how many teams are going to be classified at the end of this Championship? 3 or 4?

Well....Serbia, Poland muct get the quali!!!!!
    And Japan as well....

4 vacacies in total, the rules like this:

1. the winner of the tournament will qualify to OG

2. apart from the winner, the best asian team of the tournament will qualify to OG

3.apart from the 1 and 2, the 2nd & 3rd best ranked teams after the winner will qualify to OG.....

hopefully its clear for you

------------------------------------------------

i think serbia, poland, japan are the huge favorites.....dom, kaz,kor will try to get the 4th

besides, if JAPAN gets the WINNER, theres gonna be another asian team (approx. KOREA) directly qualify to OG as the best asian team.......its understandable, isnt it....

to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi ().

• Thanks Pappi!!!!!

Soemone knows if is Pavlova still playing???

Dominican Republic...used to have a good team a few years ago...and still have Vargas and everything....but they are just not playing well.....so...I don't know if they will be bale to have a good result at it....but if they play a little bit better they might have one chance too....

• hi joanamss,

yes, Pavlova is playing well in the club of Hisamitsu Spring, in Japan V League this season, togher with Yuko Sano, Omura Kanako, Shuka Oyama....the team stands at the 3rd place among the 10 clubs in Regular season...

as shown in the statistics, Pavlova leads the top among best scorers (pts in total) and best attackers (pts/set), 8th place in best attackers (spike %)...

this year, Rodon, De la Cruz had been in contract with 2 japanese v clubs with perfect performances. vargas is in Turkey after a recovery from injury, Rodrigues is playing in Puerto Rico, who's gonna retire from NT after OG this summer....they are the key players of DOM team anyway.

to be me...

• vargas shows very perforance in turkey,you can watch her in final four of challenge cup with vakıfbank güneş sigorta

• Well, it goes without saying that both Serbia and Poland will qualify for the OG and the best Asian team will be Japan. So, there's just one vacancy left to be disputed in this qualification tournament. In my opinion, the two favourite teams to get this last spot are both Korea and the Dominican Republic. I think Korea's team has more chances to grab the Olympic spot, but it would be nice to see 5 teams from the American Continent playing the OG. I'll root for the Dominican Republic then!

• I wanted that Kazakhstan got it, but I think it'll be Korea...
    Anyway, as long as it's a fair result... it's ok!

• List of 19 Polsih players:
    Milena Sadurek-Mikołajczyk, Katarzyna Skorupa, Magdalena Godos, Mariola Zenik, Agata Sawicka, Maria Liktoras, Eleonora Dziękiewicz, Katarzyna Gajgał, Agnieszka Bednarek, Berenika Tomsia, Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata, Joanna Kaczor, Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Anna Podolec, Milena Rosner, Anna Barańska, Karolina Ciaszkiewicz, Klaudia Kaczorowska, Anna Woźniakowska.

• Some players that's a complete surprise ?( Sadurek- Mikołajczyk, Zenik, Liktoras, Dziękiewicz, Skowrońska- Dolata, Glinka- Mogentale, Podolec, Rosner- these names were to be expected, but Woźniakowska or Ciaszkiewicz or Kaczor ?( Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that choice. We can only hope that, coach Bonitta knows what he does. I say so- we've 8/9 very good players, which playing on high level and others players are a secret weapon from Marco Bonitta :D

Es ist gut, daß uns ein Hoffen gegeben, ein Selbstbetrug dadurch man vergisst, daß unser Gastspiel in diesem Leben eine tragische Komädie ist

• So... my 12 looks:
    Sadurek, Skorupa
    Skowrońska, Kaczor
    Glinka, Podolec, Rosner, Barańska
    Liktoras, Dziękiewicz, Gajgał/Bednarek
    Zenik.

But where is Mirek? :( I hope, she will go on OG, she deserve on it... And Kaczor is not so big suprise, it's ones of the biggest young talents in polish volleyball, but i hope, that she will play as a receiver after OG.

• Damn i really like the way how bonitta handles the nationalteam. Bringing up so many great new players to the big scene!
    Eventhough im also kinda surprised by some names i fully trust Bonitta...Last year i been surprised by the name Dziekiewicz as well and we all know what a nice choice that was. :thumbsup:

Its great to see that young players are getting the chance to prove themselves. If Niemczyk was still there im sure we would see a totally different team with mainly veterans....