Italian NT and Seven Nation Army

• You may ask why when Italian NT played in ECH, you heard the fans singing and DJ playing Seven Nation Army of the White Stripes?

Well I tell you the story
    In 2006 Roma Soccer club played against Bruges. The match was held in Bruges and every time the team did something good the DJ started this song. But at the end Roma won, so the fans started chanting the song with the words "po po po po" instead to make rhytem to spoof Bruges. Then everytime Roma played the fans were chanting "po po po po". It has become something usual. Then came the World Cup in Berlin. Now all Italian fans started to sing this song. And after Italian NT actually won the Cup, the song has become the hymn of the Italian NT soccer team and the song of the summer. A lot of remixes have been made. Because of the success the Italian fans started to use the song also in volleyball. In Novara for example it is used when Sanja Popovic enters in court (they sing po-po-po-Popovic, with the DJ playing the song).

The Italian fans at ECH and in the League used:
    the original one =

the remix =

• And do other teams have any song as hymn that fans sing and DJ play? Brazil? Poland?

• Quote from "samba player"

And do other teams have any song as hymn that fans sing and DJ play? Brazil? Poland?

There're some for a team named Finasa/Osasco, and the most remarkable song was made to Dani Vieira (now playing in Tenerife), with a song by Ivete Sangalo... :) It said "Vieira, Vieira, eu amo a Vieira" :wink2:
    But apart from that, I can't remember any songs that the dj plays and people sing, I only know songs that the supporters sing for their team :wink2:

• Since you remember this song....I have to say the version of Rexona's cheer!!!!!

Sorry.....I didnt resist....

is...the same song of Ivete...

"Fiascooo....Fiascooo....Fiasco....time de Osasco!!!"

and here in Brasil Fiasco mean something like a disillusion...disapointment
    time=Team

the original song is this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPRjl9W10aI

I dont have the cheer singing....

there is another one...that every cheer here sing....being soccer or volleyball....
    is a famous music...but I cant remember the name right now....is
    "Ooooo o oooooooo oo ooooo...que torcida é essa?"
    que torcida é essa=what is this cheer?
    stay something like this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2PZDCUD16s

• A polish girl told me that polish people always sing 'Polska BIAŁY CZERWONY' repeat and repeat in all kind of games, including soccer and volleyball.
    The melody is from a psalm that the lyrics are replaced by 'Polska BIAŁY CZERWONY'. Justyna should know which one I mean. :lol:

• Quote from "NaLuAh~C"

A polish girl told me that polish people always sing 'Polska BIAŁY CZERWONY' repeat and repeat in all kind of games, including soccer and volleyball.

Here you can see it:

• Quote from "joanamss"

Since you remember this song....I have to say the version of Rexona's cheer!!!!!

Sorry.....I didnt resist....

Rexona fans never resist :P
    But I was trying to not post these kind of songs... :P because it's not a song to cheer for your team, it's a song to blame the other team... of course all the supporters (Minas, Finasa, Rexona) have this kind of song, but I don't really think they're nice at all... specially when there's a game and things get personal... I don't have fingers enough in my hand to count how many times the supporters did songs to blame players or even the other supporters... Specially in Minas they like to call the players a lot of names (sometimes even the ones that played in their team), but it also happens with Rexona and Finasa's team... and with girls of other teams if's the case... and also it's quite boring to see people from São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro calling each other names, even though it can be only because their team are playing, there's a huge lack of respect since you should be there to support your team, not to blame the other team or its supporters...
    That's why I simply don't care anymore about the league (even if it is boring I'd care before)... I think supporters simply can't behave like normal supporters...

• I totaly agree with you LothiePG!!!!!!!

It is really ugly!!!!!!

Here at Rexona....we try to cut that off....and is easier since with have some guys responsable for the cheer and stuff....but is not always control....since sometimes there are so many people....but you can see....in Rexona we never sing anything for others players...only for the team....but even though this should stop!!!!

Sometimes some cheers get over the edge with this singing...I have a friend that cheer for Finasa....and he told me that games between Minas and Finasa are much worse then the ones between Rexona and Finasa....cause Minas cheer is very disrespectful!!!!

I dont know!!!!

I always like to say that the cheer should help your team...and the only way of doing that is singing for YOUR team...and not for the other!!!!! :wink2:

• :lol2:

In Brazil, there's a billion of songs!!!!!!

But as LothiePG and Joanamss said, the most are unrespectful... But I love it! hahahahaha

Well, Joanamss, you play with my team Finasa, now it's my turn!! hehehe
    But I may confess that who told me that song was LothiePG. kkkkkkkkkkk

"Fuma fuma fuma, folha de bananeira,
    a Estefânia é uma maconheira.."

In English, it would be something like this

"Smoke, smoke, smoke
    Leaf of 'banana plant'
    Stefânia is a '(hemp or marijuana) user'"

That's because the player was get on dopping once, but we never forget about it! And they used a reggae song to make this parody... Sorry, I can't resist too! :blush:
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• That's fine Felipa....but that is the difference between your cheer to mine.....we never sing a song this kind.....related to a girl from Finasa....you can be sure of that!!!!

We only sing songs about Finasa or São Paulo...nothing to the players....I doubt that you could tell me a song about a Finasa's player that Rexona's cheer has sang any matche!!!!

But that's it....is something we try to take control of!!!!We just dont let people do that....but of course is much easier to do that since our cheer is smaller and we dont have cheer from soccer! :wink2:

I just think this things should stop....players have nothing to do with that!!!!

But....let's hope this year you two make some difference...and ask for Finasa's cheer to stop with that!!!! :D

Now we have to find someone from Mionas!!!hehehe....they really get over the edga!!!! :wink2:

• Felipe lives in Minas :P :P
    But about that "we never blame the players", I totally agree with you, I've seen some disrespect, but not from the part of the entire supporters, just from a few people... Once, after a match in Osasco, some people from the cheering of Rexona threw that "rexona hands" at the finasa players that were in court, and while i was going to the locker room I heard a woman blaming the people that cheers for Rexona, and I said that she was wrong, because Finasa's supporters group did a lot of worse things (she even thought I was from Rio, but I'm not from either Osasco or Rio, so... :roll:)... 2 months later, some guys from Finasa's group spilt on Fernanda Venturini's hair...I guess that lady shut her mouth :P
    The only objection I make to Rexona's supporters are exactly on singing songs against people from other state because I think that can be even racist, depending on the point of view. At least I feel disrespected when I watch games Rexona x Finasa in Rio de Janeiro and listen to that kind of song. After all, we all live in the same country, and there are just two teams playing, it's not even a political movement...

I was there when the Minas supporters threw eggs at Nikolle in 2005 (after a small "fight" involving Nikolle, Paula and the fans), and I saw when Érika fought with the supporters because they said she was a lesbian, but I haven't been in Minas recently... so I have no idea if things like that stopped...

Also I need to say just one thing, that at least, these people don't even know the players, because some time ago the cheering of Pinheiros were made all of their friends of players, and I think it's a bit insane to be on court and hear your friend calling you by bitch, whore, and worse things... so, even though everything is bad, I still think it's better to hear things from people you don't know rather than from people you like...

As I said before, I don't even go to these kind of match frequently anymore so I'm totally out of the recent events :P Honestly, at my point of view, it's not worth to go...

After all this discussion, I hope people don't think we're beasts from the jungle without any education :P (ok, some people are, but apart from that hehehe)

• Ah, now getting back on the thread subject again...
    I remembered one song that they play everytime, whatever is the club!
    When the visitor team is losing by a large difference, they always put a song that says "ah, que é isso elas estão descontroladas" (ah, what's that, they've lost their control) :wink2: hehe

• Agree with you!!!

Well....so I hope Felipe chage things over there in Minas.... :wink2:

WEll...I can say to much about Minas fans...over here we never had problems with them....

And I hope this things get really better....here we hear a lot of bad things about Finasa's cheer.....specially for the players...but this is hard to change...It think everyone has to do your part!!!!
    Here in Rio even the cheers of soccer are getting in one of respect more and always support your team....so I hope things just get better and better!!!!

• kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

"Ah, que isso, elas estão descontroladas" :lol2:
    In English, it would be like:
    "Oh, what's this? They're without control"

This song is just like VIRNA! hahaha

Joanamss, if I'd go to one Minas cheer and said "Could you stop to tell the player to f*ck off??? She's not a bitch as you say..."
    Do you think I'd be alive after that?? hahaha
    Well, even now I'm living in Minas, I'm still a Finasa fan! The Minas fans are really poor... And their team is not that good! hehehe

• Quote from "samba player"

You may ask why when Italian NT played in ECH, you heard the fans singing and DJ playing Seven Nation Army of the White Stripes?

Well I tell you the story
    In 2006 Roma Soccer club played against Bruges. The match was held in Bruges and every time the team did something good the DJ started this song. But at the end Roma won, so the fans started chanting the song with the words "po po po po" instead to make rhytem to spoof Bruges. Then everytime Roma played the fans were chanting "po po po po". It has become something usual. Then came the World Cup in Berlin. Now all Italian fans started to sing this song. And after Italian NT actually won the Cup, the song has become the hymn of the Italian NT soccer team and the song of the summer. A lot of remixes have been made. Because of the success the Italian fans started to use the song also in volleyball. In Novara for example it is used when Sanja Popovic enters in court (they sing po-po-po-Popovic, with the DJ playing the song).

The Italian fans at ECH and in the League used:
    the original one =

the remix =

Today when Raikkonen (Ferrari) won a race by several sec. I heard "po po po po" heheh :lol:

• Quote from "Justyna"

Today when Raikkonen (Ferrari) won a race by several sec. I heard "po po po po" heheh :lol:

:lol: :D
    Yes, "po po po po" is now used for a lot of sports. :D