Poland's national team is voted "Charity Star" for constant support to Herosi foundation

• Poland’s men’s national team was recently voted “Charity Star” within the frame of a prestigious poll promoted by the Academy for the Development of Philanthropy. The poll was strongly supported by the leading weekly magazine “Newsweek Poland”.
    The members of the Polish national team were awarded along with former First Lady Jolanta Kwasniewska, one of most popular Polish singers, Dorota "Doda" Rabczewska, and actress Malgorzata Kozuchowska. The Academy praised the activities and involvement of the Volleyball players who have been closely cooperating with the Herosi foundation.
    “They often visit hospitals and hospices, giving children some hope and joy. It is also worth mentioning that our stars contribute a lot when they support our auctions with their autographed shirts and balls” stated Aneta Rostkowska from the Herosi foundation.
    Rostkowska is a common guest during the matches of PGE Skra BELCHATOW; the Polish champion, apart from contributing to the auctions and the charity activities, is also home to seven key players of the Polish national team, the new “Charity Star”.
    Immediately after winning the Polish Cup last weekend in Warsaw PGE Skra captain Mariusz Wlazly donated to the Herosi foundation a replica of the trophy with his autograph.
    “This win means a lot to me but I know that the trophy is only a symbol. If it helps children, it is better to sell it via an auction than to leave it on a shelf in my room” Wlazly stated. “The smile of these young guys, fighting with their diseases, is the biggest award. They are real heroes” he concluded.
    CEV

In this article is only about male Polish NT, but also male and female club teams take part in charitable actions for Fundation 'Herosi'. Foreign players as well ;)

Matey Kaziyski, Murilo, Dante, Bruno, Visotto, Giba http://herosi.eu/index.php?opt…unc=viewcategory&catid=55