Women Final Four Cup

• I hadn't heard of this tournament, but... wait... Cuba lost to DR???? :white: :white: :white: :white: :white:
    Probably that's why I hadn't heard of it before :lol: :lol:

Honestly, I don't really see the point of this tournament except to make a performance in front of their public. But I think that an olympic medal or Fofao's retirement are not a good excuses to make this tournament... they could organize events like that whenever they wanted to.

hey lothie...
    yeah, cuba played with one or two players from the OG!
    the other players didn't travel to Brazil!

but dominican rep was training for this tournament since august... they have a great team... so many young and gifted players... still they couldn't beat brazil in the first game... tomorrow is the final... they will play again.

well, reading the first post of this topic i believe this was not only a friendly tournament...you know...
    before the olympics we already knew about it ...
    but again... it has a friendly match kind of atmosphere!!

and it's great that Brazil is playing here... in his own territory..
    it's something rare ...

well...

SUNDAY

FINAL
    BRAZIL X DOMINICAN REP

"No time for losers 'cause we are the champions" :whistle: :dance6:

BRASIL, Gold in Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!!! :obey: :dance4:

• Oh my god... i don't know how Cuba manage to lost to argentina...
    but they did..

26/24, 25/19, 16/25 , 25/22

For everyone wondering which team played here: Maso, Mendoza, Herrera, Simon, Gule e Silva. Líbero – Arredondo
    This was the line-up for this final game!

Well done argentinian girls!!!

Brazil won the final game 3-0!
    Fofão was so emotional... i cried... Zé roberto cried too...:wavy:
    Thank you Fofa~~~~ Brazil loves you!!! :woohoo:

• "No time for losers 'cause we are the champions" :whistle: :dance6:

• Fofão and Walewska have retired from the National Team. Valeskinha's future is not yet decided, or better, Valeskinha didn't say if she will still play for the NT. The good news is that Zé Roberto convinced Carol Albuquerque to play for Brazil for the next 4 years and replace Fofão. It seems Brazil's setters for the next Olympic cycle will be Carol Albuquerque and Dani Lins.

• Fofão and Walewska have retired from the National Team. Valeskinha's future is not yet decided, or better, Valeskinha didn't say if she will still play for the NT. The good news is that Zé Roberto convinced Carol Albuquerque to play for Brazil for the next 4 years and replace Fofão. It seems Brazil's setters for the next Olympic cycle will be Carol Albuquerque and Dani Lins.

Really Celso? Not that I don't like Carol... of course she's not talented as Fofão (or Venturini was) but I think it was THAT time for renovation, especially in the setter position...

I haven't seen Dani Lins playing for a while! What do you think? Is she at the same level as Carol?

• This video shows what I was talking about ...

http://www.megaupload.com/pt/?d=IFVZPLEU
    Credits: Lee

This moment will never leave my mind ... unforgettable!!

Fofa, 340 games for Brazil
    5 olympic games
    a lot of titles

In my opinion, an example !! She never gave up ... so many years living in the shadows of F. Venturini [great setter as well]...
    Now she really had the value that she deserves!!!

Sorry guys ... I am a little emotional today!

• Really Celso? Not that I don't like Carol... of course she's not talented as Fofão (or Venturini was) but I think it was THAT time for renovation, especially in the setter position...

I haven't seen Dani Lins playing for a while! What do you think? Is she at the same level as Carol?

I see what you mean Bianca, but it was Zé Roberto himself who asked Carol Albuquerque to stay. I believe she can become a very effective setter in the following years. I really like her, she showed she can do a good job in 2005 but she didn't evolve as much as it was expected cause she didn't have much opportunity of playing. In the 2007 WGP Brazil finished 5th but Carol is not the one to blame.

As for Dani Lins, I really like the way she's been playing now. I believe the fight between Dani Lins and Carol will be tough and I woudn't be surprised if Ana Tiemi were given a chance too.

• I see what you mean Bianca, but it was Zé Roberto himself who asked Carol Albuquerque to stay. I believe she can become a very effective setter in the following years. I really like her, she showed she can do a good job in 2005 but she didn't evolve as much as it was expected cause she didn't have much opportunity of playing. In the 2007 WGP Brazil finished 5th but Carol is not the one to blame.

As for Dani Lins, I really like the way she's been playing now. I believe the fight between Dani Lins and Carol will be tough and I woudn't be surprised if Ana Tiemi were given a chance too.

Yeah, I was thinking and it will be very "dangerous" to put two new setters in the team at this point. Two girls without international experience.
    You know there is a lot of people who doesn't like Carol.... I am not one of those... of course, we were used to have talented setters through all our history, and of course Carol is not SO talented as the others... but it's the best choice right now... you're right. And Zé too.

I didn't have the opportunity to watch the Grand Prix and I 'll certainly watch because everybody is saying that, when Carol entered as setter, the team was a disaster. I really like Carol, since she started... first because there is almost zero "gaúchas" in the volleyball scenario...