The new Dela Martinus 2008/2009

• Amstelveen wins again!

GTI Nesselande - DELA Martinus 1:3 (25:22, 17:25, 21:25, 17:25)

The first place is kept !! :dance6:

1 DELA Martinus 13 29
    2 Sliedrecht Sport 13 27
    3 AMVJ 13 27
    4 Heutink-Pollux 13 25

• Thank you LM!

I was busy with travelling to AMVJ-Heutink Pollux and Martinus men1-VTS Tilburg. Two fine matches.
    Happy was I when I heard that Dela Martinus had won from GTI Nesselande!
    Tomorrow the girls will fly to Polen,where they play Thursday, 18.00.
    Saturday will be the following program:

Heutink Pollux-Sliedrecht Sport
    Dros Alterno-AMVJ
    VC Weert-GTI Nesseland
    Dela Martinus-Longa'59

The last game is very special because Judith,Maret and Myrthe played there last season. I hope they gonna show why they are leaving Longa, and are training now with Avital Selinger.

• I should Robin your message,ok? She liked it ,I can told you.

Judith played last year for Longa'59, and trained once in a week with Martinus already.She's good, but yet injured.She had cruciate ligament injury .So that takes a lot of months to heal.

I'm sorry, you don't see my wave... :wall: :wall: :cheesy: I've seen the game on dvd, and I have see him! But you don't know where I was sitting,right behind the referee!

:lol: ...ok!!!!Well..I hope now...I can see she playing live someday!!! ^^

Robin and Judith! :D

Well..I recorded the match in my computer..I'll look again and see if I can find you!!!heheheehehehhee

• So,this was Farmutil Pila??? Much better as last week. What do I have to say? You saw the faces on the end.... :wall: :box: :hit:
    And Avital silence says enough.......... shit!

Don't be upset so much. Even old Martinus lost in Poland to Kalisz last year. They should study how to play everywhere as good as they can do it at home. I propose to consider this game as a lesson.

Also Pila played significantly better today. What we can do, is to thank girls for fighting in the 3rd set.

• You're right,I know,but for now,it's a big disappoinment. Martinus was not bad at all,but Farmutil was much better. I'm curious what the girls said about this game.
    They missed the fans,I know.... :obey:
    I'll upload the game soon, it's working...

• Girls, except Caroline, were too nervous. The team played without reception, this is why the sets of Kathleen were not precise. With such sets Maret and Anne couldn't finish their balls as they can do it. The team played almost without defense, this is why we hardly could score points at our serves. Could you see a teamplay today? I doubt it. Pila was better, than in previous match, but they also weren't good, and despite this, Martinus lost, and it means that we played even worse. The only good thing I saw, girls didn't stop even in such circumstances and continue fighting till the very end. It's a good sign. Thanks them for that!

• Well..I coulnt see the match today...but as for your comments..was not very good uh?
    It is always hard to beat a Polish team at their home..and Pila...definelty have a good team....

The group can be with the mind in this game anymore..have to move on....well..learn what need from it..and aply to move on...and grow! ^^

• [quote='LightMaster',index.php?page=Thread&postID=37935#post37935]Girls, except Caroline, were too nervous. The team played without reception, this is why the sets of Kathleen were not precise. With such sets Maret and Anne couldn't finish their balls as they can do it. The team played almost without defense, this is why we hardly could score points at our serves. Could you see a teamplay today? I doubt it. Pila was better, than in previous match, but they also weren't good, and despite this, Martinus lost, and it means that we played even worse. The only good thing I saw, girls didn't stop even in such circumstances and continue fighting till the very end. It's a good sign. Thanks them for that![/quote

The girls were nervous,I saw that too.But the reception was last week also a problem,especially Myrthe.Today I watch the game back,may be I see more details now.

• Yesterday no surprises,Dela Martinus won against Longa'59.

The results:

Dela Martinus-Longa'59 3-0
    Dros Alterno-AMVJ 1-3
    VC Weert-GTI Nesselande 3-0
    Heutink Pollux-Sliedrecht Sport 2-3

1. Dela Martinus 14-32
    2. AMVJ 14-30
    3. Sliedrecht Sport 14-29
    4.VC Weert 14-26
    5.Heutink Pollux 14-26
    6.Longa'59 14-13
    7.Dros Alterno 14-10
    8.GTI Nesselande 14-2

The girls have 1 week vacation. From 27-30 dec. they have training with the Israel NT. Fun for Avital,I'm sure,he will see his dad again!

Next matches 10 and 11 jan. 2009!

• Sliedrecht lost a point. Good! Now it's AMVJ's turn... :whistle: :lol: Kidding ;)

• City of Amstelveen honors Arie Selinger
    Last Tuesday, December 30, 2008, Arie Selinger received the bronze medal of honor of the City of Amstelveen. The medal, designed by Amstelveen artist Jan Verschoor, is awarded to persons with very special merits for the city.

”Bankras model”

The decoration was handed by mayor Jan van Zanen in the presence of numerous representatives of the city council. Also many sport committees and clubs were well represented. In his speech (a translation will follow soon) Van Zanen mentioned a.o. the innovations Arie Selinger has introduced into Dutch volleyball and which have been copied worldwide. Mayor Van Zanen mentioned a.o. that Selinger with his “Bankras model” has connected Amstelveen forever to this training model. "With this you have put Amstelveen on the world map of sports. Other sports copied this model. You have taught Dutch sport, that we can compete with the best in the world as long as you believe in it. In addition you have taught The Netherlands that doing top sport implies an all-day commitment."

WC Qualifications

Selinger visited Amstelveen because of a training week for the national team of Israel, of which he is trainer/coach. The week was organized together with DELA Martinus, coached by Arie’s son Avital. The training was set up to prepare Israel for the World Championship qualifications rounds at the end of this week in Sheffield, U.K.
    The ceremony on 30th December 2008 in the Emergohal in Amstelveen took place after the concluding training match between DELA Martinus and Israel, won by Israel 3-1. Martinus had to play without Francien Huurman and Caroline Wensink, whereas Maret Grothues could not play more than 2 sets after her recovery of an injury.

Media coverage

The training match and the reception were broadly covered by daily newspapers, regional and national television. After a preview last Sunday the NOS (Dutch National Broadcasting) now delegated national icon of sport journalism Mart Smeets. Smeets is preparing a double portrait of the Selingers to show the immense impact they have had on Dutch sports. This will be broadcasted in about April 2009.

[img=http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1844/arienavitalfp1.jpg]
    [img=http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/arienavitalfp1.jpg/1/w355.png]

• News from Dela Martinus:

They contracted a new middleplayer: Brecht Gijsbertsen.Last year she playes for Bayer Leverkusen,Germania. She's 22 years ols, 1.88m. She plays for Youth Neterlands in the past. I haven't seen her play,may be she playes next weekend?

The programm:

Saturday:

AMVJ- Dros Alterno
    Sliedrecht Sport-Heutink Pollux
    GTI Nesselande-VC Weert

Sunday:

Dros Alterno-Sliedrecht Sport
    AMVJ-Longa '59
    Heutink Pollux-GTI Nesselande
    VC Weert-Dela Martinus

1.Dela Martinus 14-32
    2. AMVJ 14-30
    3. Sliedrecht Sport 14-29
    4.VC Weert 14-26
    5.Heutink Pollux 14-26
    6.Longa'59 14-13
    7.Dros Alterno 14-10
    8.GTI Nesselande 14-2

• News from Dela Martinus:

They contracted a new middleplayer: Brecht Gijsbertsen.Last year she playes for Bayer Leverkusen,Germania. She's 22 years ols, 1.88m. She plays for Youth Neterlands in the past. I haven't seen her play,may be she playes next weekend?

Do you know, why she is needed? Does somebody leave or Avital is not satisfied with current performance?

• When Francien was injured he has no middleblocker,he asked Manon from second team. Myrthe was playing in the middle but is passer/libero. Brecht was going to play in USA but can't play there because she was professional in Germany,pro's can't play in USA?
    She was good in youth,is young and can learn a lot from Avital.They ask from several Dutch and foreign teams,but she choose for Dela Martinus,because she can learn there a lot!
    Good news!

Marieke