World Basketball

• Look here: http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_…6ZiXqeGhMBtfq1yxqV83.html from 21.02.2010 are rules but... first I think is Quarter-Finals but then what :?:

I see- then is Final 8- 3 matches in the Groups and then Finals. So 1 Team will have automatically advantage in Final 8- Host or The Best after 1st round :?:

• Congrats to Birsel :flower:

And finally today Ivana Matovic joined the training of Fenerbahce...

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Meet Anete Ekabsone

Roster team UMMC season 2011/2012's expanded best basketball player in Europe-2007, champion of the Euroleague 2010, the beautiful and clever Anete Ekabsone.

- I was born into a basketball family. Mom, dad and brother - all played basketball. My father worked professionally, he was a member of the USSR national team, my brother graduated from the sports school, but did not go further. My grandmother and grandfather also played and sometimes even think that my love for basketball is passed on to me from my grandmother, and not from the Pope. She had a huge number of various certificates and awards.

- Remember how and when I first picked up a basketball?

- The first time the ball hit my hands in 5 years. My brother and I came to the gym to his father, he then played in Hungary, where we ourselves in basketball and tried. Up to that point, everyone thought that I would get a great sprinter, it was too fast, I ran into my childhood. But my parents saw that, despite the fact that my brother is older, make friends with the basketball, I turned out better, and later gave me a basketball school "TTT Riga."

- If not for basketball, what would be involved?

- I would gladly have worked professionally in tennis. In general, in the childhood dreamed to be an elementary school teacher or teacher in a kindergarten, at least, a secretary, so surely dress up.
    But children's dreams never came true, right after high school, I graduated from grade 12, went to play for France ("Mondevil", "Bourges"), then the Moscow "Dynamo", Moscow region, "Sparta", Turkish "Fenerbahce". Always played a strong club, I never thought about quitting basketball. And now in my dreams and plans for the future, there is one - to enter and to graduate.

- Again, another place of your work has become one of the strongest clubs in Europe, but it is not Turkish "Fenerbahce", you do not want the Turkish shore?

- Not needed. Russia to become a second home for me: I played here five years and I know the language. When played in Istanbul, it was different. Russia is closer to me. I am very happy that I received an offer from Yekaterinburg, without a moment's doubt, and immediately signed a contract, because not every basketball player can join the team UMMC.

- What do you expect from new season in a new team?

- Waiting just wins. The team selected a strong and very friendly, even if something does not succeed, try not to lose heart, and move on. And, of course, the famous hot Ekaterinburg support of fans. Are waiting for all the players for the team is very important.

- Arriving at the UMMC, you added to the list of star foreign players, whether you are comfortable in this role?

- Do not feel like a star, for me, all players are equally the same.

- In his interview to "Sport-Express" President BC UMMC AA Kozitsyn of newcomers said: "Each of these basketball players have an innate leadership charisma, is able to manage the situation on the ground, to lead the team for himself and at crucial moments to take responsibility" the extent to which these words can be attributed to you?

- On a horoscope I - lion. It seems to me that I look like a lioness, who fights for food and is ready to protect their flock. But this I can only be on the basketball court.

- Do you believe in omens and superstitions, and how to tune into the game?

- I believe in God and always pray before the game.

- Would anything change in the contemporary women's basketball?

- I do not understand why the three-point line moved, I would have left as it was.

- Everyone knows Anete - dalnoboyschitsa noble, and even a new three-point arc - not a hindrance.

- I love throwing workout. And not liking the game alone, but need to do is good exercise.

- What are your impressions of the Russian basketball club?

- In my opinion, the level in Russia and Europe are the same. Russia has a 3.2 really strong teams, for example, in France. But I think that the overall level was lower than it was 5 years ago.

- You managed to play in Europe and overseas, whether strong differences of European and American basketball?

- The WNBA is very few players from Europe. I've always wanted to try his hand there, but my agent kept saying that should go there when, you called. Three years ago, "Dinamo" coach came from Connecticut, after which I was offered to sign a contract. At first it was very hard, I thought that I could not finish the rest of the season: a very fast football, the players with excellent technique dominates the individual style of play. But in Europe, play smarter, and this is a big plus for Europe. This summer I had a rest, but I have thought to go play in the WNBA, look how I feel after the season.

- Are you planning a long sports career?

- It depends on the state of health. Then, just want to be a good mom. At first I thought that face up to 25 years later - up to 28 years, now I hope - to 30. I would like to have five children, will not or do not know, but two - is necessary.

- Some might say that today the world's disasters and economic crises, the desire to have five children, akin to madness. You crazy behavior had to do in life?

- Once a friend, he's the best bobsledder Latvia, swept in bobsleigh. When came out, I wanted to cry, hands are not feeling well. Rent, as the competition, the whole life flew before his eyes.

- After the case prefer to walk?

- No, I drive a SUV, and my style is more aggressive, not like waiting, try to cut somewhere.

- And then drinking a valerian ...

- That's really not. Prefer fresh juices and tea garden of herbs. Like most go into the garden to gather herbs and other mint, dried and brewed.

- And what a glorious "Riga" balm?

- Not very much, but my grandmother buying.

- What is feared as a child?

- Little happen very scared at home alone. Now, away with your loved ones.

- What would life have wanted to learn how?

- Good cook.

- On one side of basketball - the game, on the other - hard work, but for you?

- It's my life. Do not even know what I did without it.

• Until the end of October FIBA Europe will choose a Final Eight Host which will receive a guaranteed place in the decisive stage of the tournament.

Should also be noted that the General Assembly of Euroleague decides to eliminate the All-Star Match.

• Friendly Tournaments:

1. 16-21.09. Lithuania

*Spartak Sankt Petersburg
    *Chevakata Vologda
    *Energia Ivanovski
    *Belarus NT
    *Nadezdha Orenburg

2. 23-25.09 " Małgorzata Dydek Memorial" Poland

*Nadezdha Orenburg
    *Energa Toruń
    *UMMC Ekaterinburg
    *Artego Bydgoszcz

3. 2-6.10 Turkey

*Nadezdha Orenburg
    *Galatasaray
    *Besiktas
    *Cras Basket Taranto

• Nadezdha won the Tournament. Belarus NT probably didn't play.

• Panathinaikos 45-78 Fenerbahçe

PERİYOTLAR:
    1.PERİYOT: 11-31
    2.PERİYOT: 26-43
    3.PERİYOT: 31-59
    4. PERİYOT: 45-78

Fenerbahçe: Zane Tamane 15, Kübra Siyahdemir 13, Özge Kavurmacıoğlu 12, Elina Babkina 11, Nevriye Yılmaz 8, Emel Türkyılmaz 6, Birsel Vardarlı 5, Esmeral Tunçluer 4, Devran Tanaçan 3, Ivana Matovic 1

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Fenerbahçe 85-70 ZKK Partizan
    Elina Babkina 11, Zane Tamane 12, Birsel Vardarlı 5, Esmeral 13, Kübra 14, Nevriye Yılmaz 15, Emel Türkyılmaz 2, Devran Tanaçan 7
    Galatasaray MP signed with Ivanka Matic.

• Fenerbahçe 85-70 ZKK Partizan
    Elina Babkina 11, Zane Tamane 12, Birsel Vardarlı 5, Esmeral 13, Kübra 14, Nevriye Yılmaz 15, Emel Türkyılmaz 2, Devran Tanaçan 7
    Galatasaray MP signed with Ivanka Matic.

I did read it as Ivana Matovic. ;( :D New girls; Elina, Zane, Kübra. :super:

• UMMC Jekaterynburg - Nadieżda Orenburg 61:50 (23:9, 17:15, 4:14, 17:12)

UMMC: Anete Jekabsone 16, Sandrine Gruda 14, Jelena Leuchanka 6, Tatiana Widmer 6, Swietłana Abrosimowa 6, Deanna Nolan 5, Olga Arteshina 5, Maria Stiepanowa 3, Hana Horakowa 0, Jekaterina Bezgodoja 0, Daria Korjenko 0.

Nadieżda: Elena Daniłoczkina 18, Jekaterina Ruzanowa 12, Katerina Snycyna 9, Anastazja Weremienko 6, Jelena Bersenewa 3, Oksana Zakaluzna 2, Anastasia Logunowa 0, Natalia Żedik 0, Tatiana Burik 0, Olga Owczarenko 0.

Energa Toruń - Artego Bydgoszcz 76:69 (28:13, 17:15, 14:16, 17:15)

Energa: Jelena Maksimovic 21, Charity Szczechowiak 19, Weronika Idczak 11, Leah Metcalf 10, Kenya McBee 6, Emilia Tłumak 4, Kaja Darnikowska 3, Róża Ratajczak 2.

Artego: Agnieszka Kułaga 20, Martyna Koc 16, Agnieszka Szott 9, Krystal Ellis 8, Joanna Szymczak-Górzyńska 4, Marta Urbaniak 4, Lauren Jimenez 3, Kamila Szybała 0, Natalia Mrozińska 2, Paulina Kuras 2, Patrycja Jastrzębska 0, Magdalena Palacz 0.

• So cute :flower:
    Athinaikos 64-72 Fenerbahçe
    Zane Tamane 18, Nevriye Yılmaz 14, Ivana Matovic 10, Elina Babkina 10.

Yellow Butterflies ^^ :flower: