The Destinee Hooker Injury Timeline

• She's injured she wants to recover. Out of nowhere she became one of the best players on earth and she's young, so that necessarily does no good for one's modesty. No need to whine about it, it's only a big deal, because she's become such a good player.. everyone wants a piece of that. I think everyone should focus on what they have: pesaro: the players that are playing, hooker: her injured knee and Rabita Baku: their team. Shush, everyone sucks/is awesome.

• Just to update the situation (no personal opinions on it ;) )...today Pesaro released a note saying they broke their contract with Hooker.

The club comunicated:

"( We communicate) the athlete the end of the contract for fair cause and enter with papers against her in Federal Prosecutor of the Italian Federation and the International Federation of Volleyball (and, for information, Pallavolo Lega Serie A), so they make the sport sanctions relative to the case. If this goes on unpunished, anyone would feel entitled to consider the contracts and their contents nothing more than a piece of paper. That would damage irreversibly the credibility of our sport and would back away many companies who invest in it. "

They also sent a note to her agent:

"The Society also appealed to the responsible organisms so they exercise a vigilance over the honesty of the behavior of those who had a role in this episode, including prosecutors. Like that the Society reserves itself to any action to protect your rights close to the ordinary courts for compensation for civil damages (moral, economic and image) caused by the decision of the player, also in the interests of her sponsors. "

They completed saying:

"With your behavior, the athlete, after all, proved not feel part of the Società and showed absolute lack of respect for her teammates, technical and medical staff, sponsors and supporters: What, from our point of view, is not less serious than the contractual violation itself. There is, therefore, no possibility for the come back of the athlete to our team. We have complete confidence in our eleven players, real professionals able to face any difficulty with the smile in their lips. We're faithful to them and we're sure they will give us much satisfaction in the next months."

source: volleyball.it and Pesaro site.

• We have complete confidence in our eleven players, real professionals able to face any difficulty with the smile in their lips. We're faithful to them and we're sure they will give us much satisfaction in the next months."

childish

• pesaro is one of the most prestigious clubs in europe like bergamo, cannes, eczacibasi and moscow. i read so many things from the club and from the players of scavolini, and so do i believe them. the champions league is the most elitest tournament in europe and every club take it very important, besides that european volleyball market is the best market in the world. so players may think about that before they play in one of the european countries. in my opinion, if destinee had problems with her team mates than she should have talked to them personally and not complain via twitter or facebook, this is childish, but her behaviour is not the first time she acted like that. to be honest i dont want to see her in those prestigous clubs

• I've agreed all along regarding Hooker's social media usage as being inappropriate. However, the comments made in their press release regarding the termination of her contract are completely unprofessional in every sense of the word and Pesaro should have never published such comments on their website. I'd also like to point out that the title of that press release is "Bye, Bye, Baby". I wouldn't classify that as being particularly professional and behavior of a "prestigious" club. Bottom line is they made it to the Final Four and without Hooker they couldn't perform and now they'd like to place all of the blame on one person. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is a very strong bias European base on this board and the sources that you're getting your information from only speak to one side(volleyball.it is also not a legitimate news source and is VERY SENSATIONALIST). Have you spoken with Destinee herself to get her side of the story? Have you spoken with her American doctors? Have you spoken with her agent? No, no, no. So how you're able to make a decision based off of information coming out of one camp?

• Italian media tried to reach Hooker agent in Champions League Final Four, but he said he refused to talk to any Italian press.

I still think that Hooker did wrong in leaving the club, I think if there is a contract, she should be faithfull to it. I also agree that if she is going to a european country, and club, she should know Champions League is very important, she should stay for it (again, I take that is consideration cause it was only two weeks after she left, two games more, I think she could had stay for just that), or then, if you dont care, dont go for a club like that...volleyball is a group sport, colective, you should not think only about yourself. I remember American Football, quarterback Big Ben, he played with his feet broken, and his nose broken, and even so he played the hole season for the team, I know he maybe has many flaws as a person, but as an athlete anything can be said, he was a group member for sure. But, in other hand, I agree the way Pesaro put it in their site was not nice also, "Bye Bye baby" it was childish, they should treat the situation more seriously.

• I'd refuse to speak to Italian press as well. They're not interested in reporting factual news, they're interested in generating sensationalist headlines to draw in readers. No matter what they said to the press it would have undoubtedly been spun in a negative manner. I'm curious, what part of the contract did she violate? Did the contract stipulate that she must play injured and under any circumstances they asked her to? Regardless of how "important" a tournament is it doesn't justify compromising a player's health. Under no contract should/could anyone be able to tell another individual what they should/shouldn't do with their body.

• Well, you judging like all italian press is negative and want only Hookers to look bad, and you dont know if that is true, actually is quite bad you judge them all like that.

And you also dont know how serious Hooker injury was, did she need the surgery imediately? You by that judge that Pesaro doctor were wrong and wanted her to be injury?

Im no human doctor, but I'm a vet, and there is most of the times many ways to treat same problem...maybe Pesaro team think they could treat her in one way and Hooker doctor the other...that dont make any of them wrong. by that, I think she could have keep her contract. Try to get in an agreement with the club, not simply left. That is only my opinion, since none of us really can be sure what has happened., since nothing was clarified by Hooker side.

But again, what I said before, what conserns to me in this hole history, is not Hooker injury, but what can be behind of that, her agent conections......anyway, I really dont wanna talk about it I think I'm in no place to judge anyone.

• Joana has something against Sb-Community!
    If you look better, Sb-Community published article on they website regarding article on Turkish website that Destinee signed contract with Rabita, Sb-Community immediately react on that and let everybody know that is not true. Day after that volleyball.it publish article that Destinee goes to Rabita. Yes, of course that Sb-Community will give them interview on F4, people in that agency are idiots and waiting for Italians to make bigger show from this ridiculous situation.

• the sources that you're getting your information from only speak to one side(volleyball.it is also not a legitimate news source and is VERY SENSATIONALIST). Have you spoken with Destinee herself to get her side of the story? Have you spoken with her American doctors? Have you spoken with her agent? No, no, no. So how you're able to make a decision based off of information coming out of one camp?

If you know of any american article on the subject, feel free to share it on this board.

Now honestly, I'm not expecting too much from newspapers (or fans) debate on the subject. I mean, it would take a medical review of Hooker's case to know whether she was able to play or not, and such personal datas don't have to be published.
    I think the only way to find out more will be if Hooker sues Pesaro for firing her, and of course if there are consequences on her career or on her new agent career.

By the way I don't agree with you regarding him refusing to answer Italian press, because this was the opportunity for him to let Hooker's point of view known. If he had answered and his words had been reported improperly, you might have complain about the Italian press not being fair. But since there was nothing to report, I wonder how you can blame them !

• I want to clarify when I say Italian press I don't mean legitimate news companies, but the volleyball media, particularly volleyball.it, which has a history of scandalizing foreign players and their situations for example Kim Willoughby and Sarah Pavan are recent situations that come to mind. Once the volleyball press portrays the athlete in a negative light they run with the story and pretty much aren't interested in presenting an objective story. All I'm saying is that if you're going to form an opinion it should be well-informed and if you're unable to form an opinion using a balanced number of sources then your opinion doesn't count for much.

What bothers me about some of the posts on this thread is that there are accusations she didn't take CL seriously enough and that by somehow having surgery she breached her contract. I find that to be disrespectful to Hooker as a player. Pesaro wouldn't have even made it as CLOSE to where they did without the offensive numbers that Hooker put up all the while dealing with pain while playing. If you disagree with her behavior regarding Twitter and such then speak to that but questioning Hooker's integrity as to whether she needed surgery, or should have delayed surgery is disrespectful. Bergamo was in the CL this year and without Lo Bianco who had her own health issues, and was bounced quite early from the tournament. Should Lo Bianco have sacrificed her well-being because CL is an important tournament and if she signed with a European team she should have to put up with whatever Bergamo wanted? Of course not. There was an outpouring of support from posters on this board for her recovery. Granted the gravity of health issue is different, but why is there so much fuss about Hooker's injury? She got a second opinion from her own doctors, which is VERY common with injuries, and she felt more comfortable following her own medical team's advice. She had the surgery and is currently rehabbing and yet still Pesaro and their coaching staff as well as fans are continuing to fan the flame.

• why scandalous when kim willoughby or sarah pavan act disrespectfully ??? she is taking drugs and lets her club down, no club wants to have a player using dopings. i think maybe you cannot accept that players like kim or destinne act foolish and for this reason they are not emphasized by fans and community here

• why is there so much fuss about Hooker's injury?

The difference, is that Pesaro (not the fans nor the press!) is more or less claiming that Hooker wasn't needing surgery (at least that she could have delayed it) and accused her to break her contract.

• And so my question to you is, regardless of what Pesaro advised, she ultimately had the surgery....so what is there to discuss now?

Secondly, she planned on coming back after rehab and it's Pesaro who is now terminating her contract so what does that say?

• why scandalous when kim willoughby or sarah pavan act disrespectfully ??? she is taking drugs and lets her club down, no club wants to have a player using dopings. i think maybe you cannot accept that players like kim or destinne act foolish and for this reason they are not emphasized by fans and community here

I'm not defending their actions in any shape or form and if you've read my posts along this thread you'll see I have indeed criticized Hooker's behavior on Twitter. However, there are always two sides to a story and the Italian volleyball press does a poor job of allowing both parties to share their sides objectively and do a fantastic job of creating a hostile, xenophobic atmosphere before all the facts have come out. There is a huge difference between reporting and scandalizing and if you can't tell the difference then I'm sorry you can't appreciate good journalism.

• And so my question to you is, regardless of what Pesaro advised, she ultimately had the surgery....so what is there to discuss now?

Whether there was an other option and ultimately what lead Hooker to choose it. (but I want to be clear about the fact that's it's not to fans or press to discuss it)

Secondly, she planned on coming back after rehab and it's Pesaro who is now terminating her contract so what does that say?

That's telling us that either Pesaro is not trusting Hooker anymore. Either they want to save money.
    And maybe both.

• Whether there was an other option and ultimately what lead Hooker to choose it. (but I want to be clear about the fact that's it's not to fans or press to discuss it)

That's telling us that either Pesaro is not trusting Hooker anymore. Either they want to save money.
    And maybe both.

or they are trying to hide something (that surgery was necessary), big mouth from teammates (Fereti and Guiggi), coach, president, media etc...

• or they are trying to hide something (that surgery was necessary), big mouth from teammates (Fereti and Guiggi), coach, president, media etc...

I must have missed something, because I can't see any logical link between "firing Hooker who wanted to come back" and "hiding ... whatever they want to hide".

• well, link is that they claim that she didn't need surgery, now they need to stick to they story. Also, who knows what they tell to sponsors, everybody knows that without Destinee, Pesaro will not be on F4 and ofcourse that sponsors will ask questions.

• well, link is that they claim that she didn't need surgery, now they need to stick to they story. Also, who knows what they tell to sponsors, everybody knows that without Destinee, Pesaro will not be on F4 and ofcourse that sponsors will ask questions.

They could have her back and useful and they would fire her just to "keep to their story" ?
    Come on, scudetto is even more important than IECL to Italian teams! If they believed she could help, she would be granted back in the team, and never mind what could have been told before, they would have find a way to communicate on the situation.
    If There's one sure thing so far, it's that Pesaro don't want her back, and it would be stupid if it was only to keep up appearances.