Female: Marcello Abbondanza
    Male: Vladimir Alekno

• Results of voting:

BEST MALE PLAYERS:
    1. Bartosz Kurek
    1. Dimitriy Muserskiy
    - we have a tie :D
    3. Maxim Mikhaylov

Competition was so close, Maxim lost with Bartek and Dima by 1 point, Tetyukhin was only few points behind them.

Best coach: Vladimir Alekno

BEST FEMALE PLAYERS:
    1. Young Kong Kim - won without any difficulties
    2. Sheilla Castro
    3. Destinee Hooker

Best coach: José Roberto Guimarães

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I saw many of you voted for Tetyukhin. With all my respect, but... I mean, he was huge this year, hats down to him, everything. Probably very few players in the history of the game had so much influence like he has at that age. But c'mon, we're not voting for the most impressive and surprising performance at OG2012, but for best player - a mix of abilities and consistent top level performance, both for club and NT, from 1st of January to 31st of December 2012. Olympic Games were the main event, Tetyukhin played like a beast in the most important competition, but I don't think that's the purpose of the poll. Again, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve acknowledgement, but he can't be best player for obvious (biological) reasons, not at 37. Also, maybe a lot of votes went to Muserskiy just because of his performace in one single match (no matter how important), but I can't argue about the votes, cause he also played on a really high level during most of the year (at least from what I've seen).

Having said that, I don't want to sound like some thick-headed bastard who thinks his opinion is the only right opinion. Maybe you who voted for Tetyukhin have rights to do so. Also my votes were kinda random (yeah, I didn't want Mikhaylov and Juantorena to split the prizes every year...). It's just that because of what I've pointed out I can't see the logic. And of course, that's if the poll really is for:
    1) most consistent and skillfull player of 2012, and not for:
    2) the player who gave the most memorable performance in 2012

Because if it's 2), then my vote would also go for Tetyukhin.

That's just as a tiny remark, otherwise, cheers for the winners :drink:

• Voting was quite subjective I think :gone:

• If you risk your life just to try win Olympic Games fourth (!) time it can't go unnoticed.

I know his problems and that's why I decided to vote. I don't really care he didn't score 20000 points during the season, but he won the most important tournament in every single athlete's life although he shouldn't be there according to his doctors.