Champions Fabric - Saquarema - Rio, Brazil

• Brazilain confederation open in 2003 a center of trainning for all Brasilian National Teams, in the city of Saquarema, 125Km from Rio. Its a city in the litoral, and is where Brazil National teams adults or younger categories go to train before every important championships. And since it oppenning, Brasil became a moddle in trainning area. Many different countries already made a stay in the Center, and were able to absorv a bit of what brasilian players have to leave in National Teams.

In July 2008 came out a report about the Center in a magazine in Rio, and I think is really nice for people to know how is for the players to stay there during practices. I have this magazine, but my scanner is not working very well, so, I cant scan right now, but I found the edition in internet, the pictures are not as good as it would be if I scanned, but I'll put these ones for now and later I put the scan from the magazine.

Tecnique informations about the place:

Area: 108000m²
    4 indoor courts
    2 beach courts
    rooms for 170 people
    2 tennins courts
    1 societ soccer field
    semi-olympic pool
    restaurant
    one lake with 400000L of water

Creating this space cost to Brazilian confederation 5.5 millions reais and took 3 years to make everything done.

Everything is adapt for the huge players: the showers stay 2,5m from the floor (the normal in Brazil is 2,1m); the beds have 2,2m (is usual 1,9m in Brazil); the the most important change were in gymnastic area, the equipments are made for the players. "We build all here because we had to modify the size of the apparatus and the weights, which are usually made for fitness, "explains the fitness coach José Inácio Salles, head of male national team.
    Not only that but Jozé Inácio also build other things for the trainnings as a metalic hands to work as block so players dont have to stay there and make them exausted and in the other hand is more real then just ot have a flat wood board. His favorite is the service machine. And there is also a digital electromyographic device, capable of measuring the muscle reaction to a stimulus, developed in partnership with the University of Illinois, USA

The days of the athlets:

The days from the players are like soldiers, wake up around 7am, take breakfast, practice, have lunch, practice, have a snack, practice again and then have dinner. There are two break moments before lunch and at night after dinner.
    In break moments, rare ones, most players like to go to the ebach in front of the Center.
    During week each groups have their day, and can have once a week a churrasco (Brazilian tipical food and moment to relax). The guys usually make it on wednesdays, cause is when have soccer games in tv at night. so they take the churrasco and go till night endding with the soccer game.
    But the churrasco have some restrictions, no french fries, mayonnaise and sausage only with chicken meat.
    But the food control is very important and stricted, but of course all players are listtened so...each one have their special dish prepared by the nutricionist from National Teams. Every meal has at least six to eight types of salad, rice and white full, a pasta, two choices of meat, vegetables and beans. Without talking about a refrigerator with popsicles (fruit flavors).
    But the menus respect the players and have some flexibitily, after all there is a lot of players that play outside the country and come back missing their grandmothers kind of food. Giba always ask for a cake, and since their tendence is to loose weigh thses sweets are aloud. When used to play in Italy André NAcimento use dto want ground beef, beans, mashed potatoes and eggs starred when arrive in National Team and Dante was a problem cause he didnt used to eat salads.
    "At first, I heard many complaints," says Isabella Toledo, nutritionist of CBV responsible for all National Teams. To begin the pre-season, she makes an anthropometric and nutritional assessment and, based on information, prescribes a diet for each player. In the restaurant, the teams are mixed. "Lunch and dinner together, and each knows its right place at the table," says the middle Walewska. "Then is the time for gossip."

Break Times:

After dinners, the players have the rest of the day off. The guys usually play some card, players as Rodrigão, Nalbert, Éder, Lucão, DAnte and Brininho prefer a poker, while Gustavo, Anderson and Marcelinho used to prefer some truco. The girls usually get together with some music, with Sassá in guitar and Puala, Mari, Fabi in vocals...or who else want to participate. Also there is always a time for some jokes, one day some players hide behind some threes and scared others that were passing...was the first and last time. "We promise to not play with this anymore," swears the libero. "Here is very dark. Is scary, and the girls are scandalous."
    After dinner is also teh time where Murilo and Jaque can meet. "At least we can see each other." Something that is hard suring clubs seasons. "Even here sometimes we talk on the phone" says Murilo. Curious cause they stay in same room area. The girls rooms usually stay in one area while the guys in other, so many times the meeting happens in the stairs of the accomodation.
    Dante and Rodrigão like to fish..but they say they always return the fishes.
    But althought the Hotel fellings...each player recieve one bascket and they all have to wash their own clothes. and if is need to adapt the time for other countries like playing in Japan, waking up in the middle of the dawn and practice is necessary.

• 1 - Access area
    2 - Main Accomodation, with thirty triple rooms, which stays the main National Teams
    3 - Accommodation for managers and visitors
    4 - Accommodation for the young categories, with eight rooms in each module
    5 - Reception and small museum pieces and trophies
    6 - Sand courts
    7 - Two tennis courts
    8 - Societ soccer field
    9 - Parking
    10 - Four gymns with indoor courts, more gym, physiotherapy room and office
    11 - Artificial Lake with 400 000 liters. Has four kayaks for recreation
    12 - Restaurant with 120 seats, kitchen, TV and game room
    13 - semi-Olympic pool
    14 - Barbecue Area
    15 - Sauna
    16 - System of water
    17 - Washing clothes area with seven machines
    18 - Helipoint
    19 - Mecanic area and carpentry area
    20 - Warehouse with over 300 items (balls, shoes, uniforms, socks, clothes). 8 000 balls are stored

• Breaking time on the beach with the boys: 1-Murilo, 2- Nalbert, 3- Lucão, 4- Serginho, 5- Marcelinho, 6- Giba, 7- Samuel, 8- Sidão, 9- Allan, 10- Bruninho

Adult Male and Female National Teams working in side-by-side courts

• -Restaurant, both National Teams eat together.

- Lucão, Anderson and Giba coming back from washing their clothes; and Dante and Rodrigão fishing.

- Murilo and Jaque meet after dinner, and Marcelinho chill in the pool

- Walewska, Fabiana and fofão meet in the stairs from the accomodation for some talk and using internet.

- Paula plays with ehr daughter, the coaches usually let the players family to visti or stay with them in the Center, so is a very welcoming enviroment and the players dont miss their families, everything is made so they fell the best there.

- Paula, Sassá, Fabi and Mari usually get around for some music.

• - the players rooms

- José Inacio and his favorite invention: the service machine

- Players in fisioterapy area

- Murilo and Jaque, and Dante and Rodrigão fishing

- A lot of practice

- Robertinha, the statistic girl from the male team, she works with 4 laptops and one special softwear

- Jorge Édson Brito and Marcão are respondable for the strong spikes in defense trainnings, In total there are 8 guys helping trainnings from both teams.

• I would give everything to be a physiotherapist of the Brazil NT... Haha... :lol:

• uhm..I think cause is that place is for players get used to everything..and when travelling..they have to stay in double..triple rooms, and is for the best for the group...and also..cause of the space.... ;)