SuperLiga Women's Brazilian 2008/2009

• I really think the only reason why Finasa stopped sponsoring the Osasco team were the things that happened in the 2008/2009 season of the Brazilian Superleague. They have done the exact same thing a few years ago with the basketball team. They felt outraged by the attitude of the Basketball Federation and stopped investing in adult basketball.

The thing is: Finasa is still sponsoring the Osasco's volleyball and basketball teams, their investments ceased only in the adult categories. Their tradition in sponsoring sports is exact the same and their project still exist.

As for the São Caetano team, I believe they can hire both Thaísa, Camila Brait and Paula. Sheilla, Mári and Fofão are worth 7 points only, not 21. So, they have just one 7-point player so far. Paula would be given 7 points, because she came from another team. So, São Caetano would have 14 points. Thaísa is worth 6 points, São Caetano would have 20 points. São Caetano can even hire other two 6-point players, cause the maximum amount of points a team can have is 32.

• No... it's Mariah Carey, the ultimate diva!!! LOL!!

• The fact that Rexona had much more time to prepare for the final match (Rexona's third match of the semifinal playoffs happened before Finasa's second match of the semifinal playoffs. Rexona started to prepare for the final match on Sunday and Finasa only could focus on the final match on Wednesday because their third match against São Caetano was on Thursday night), the errors of the referee all in favour of Rexona, the one-match final playoffs in Rio de Janeiro instead of a neutral place and the fact that they forgot to give Thaísa the best blocker prize before the TV cameras were the reason why Finasa stopped sponsoring the Osasco team.

OMG. I thought it was because Thaisa felt too sad to accept the best blocker prize.Finally the CBV unexpectedly forgot to give her.It was totally unacceptable. :mad:

Well , If it was Sao Caetano in the final it would be unfair to them too.

I just don't understand why CBV is in favor of Rexona. The Blausiegel is the major sponsor,right? ?(

• As for the São Caetano team, I believe they can hire both Thaísa, Camila Brait and Paula. Sheilla, Mári and Fofão are worth 7 points only, not 21. So, they have just one 7-point player so far. Paula would be given 7 points, because she came from another team. So, São Caetano would have 14 points. Thaísa is worth 6 points, São Caetano would have 20 points. São Caetano can even hire other two 6-point players, cause the maximum amount of points a team can have is 32.

Oh the 7 points rule from my point of view is superly complicated. And actually I think it has a lot of defects that can be used. I am afraid if Sao Caetano can have so many great players next season the lost teams will say it is unfair. :pinch:

Anyway it is good to see there is still a company who would like to invest in female volleyball teams even though I think Sao Caetano would reduce the pay. :roll:

• I just don't understand why CBV is in favor of Rexona

Because Globo is from Rio de Janeiro, as well as Rexona. Both Osasco and São Caetano are from São Paulo.

Jose Roberto Guimaraes has declined to be Sao Caetano's coach. He said he'd coach ony the national team. Sao Caetano is trying to bring Paula and Thaisa and Sassa is said to be about to renew her contract with Osasco. Sheilla will probably leave Brazil, we're just not sure whether Mari will also go with her or not.

Anyway, it's all very uncertain so far...

• There is not such thing as helping Rexona!!!On the other hand!!!!!!the only reason we have been winning all this years was cause of Bernardinho work!!!!!! Is a supporter way of think..here in Rio...people also think that CBV helps Finasa..after all Finasa was one of the sponsors from Superleague!!!!The only thing that happen is that Globo is in Rio....but that dont help Rexona eather....all the problems that afects the other teams afects Rexona!!!!!!The only thing in favor is the fact that Final is in Marcanazinho..witch we also think is absurd...but that till now...didnt made any differnce...cause would be anyway....Since Rexona get the right to have the final here ending first Fase in First....

Come on guys please.....this is too juvenil thing to think!!!!

• i think that Rio was superior to Osasco during the whole superleague ..rio players surely deserved the title..

• There is not such thing as helping Rexona!!!On the other hand!!!!!!the only reason we have been winning all this years was cause of Bernardinho work!!!!!! Is a supporter way of think..here in Rio...people also think that CBV helps Finasa..after all Finasa was one of the sponsors from Superleague!!!!The only thing that happen is that Globo is in Rio....but that dont help Rexona eather....all the problems that afects the other teams afects Rexona!!!!!!The only thing in favor is the fact that Final is in Marcanazinho..witch we also think is absurd...but that till now...didnt made any differnce...cause would be anyway....Since Rexona get the right to have the final here ending first Fase in First....

Come on guys please.....this is too juvenil thing to think!!!!

Joana, the worst blind is the one who refuses to see. Of course there is such a thing. Finasa didn't have the same amount of time to prepare for the final match as Rexona. I wonder why the Brazilian Volleyball Federation let this happen.

Rexona's coach, Bernardinho, used to work for TV Globo presenting a TV program in their cable channel, SPORTV, related to the preparation for the Olympic Games. His patience towards TV Globo is infinite compared to his relationship with other TV channels. The fact that he is Rexona's coach might have made a difference in these CBV decisions. It is also important to mention that TV Globo is the company that holds the exclusive rights to broadcast the Brazilian Superliga as well as all the FIVB Official Tournaments, except the OG.

Even a fool can see that. Of course Bernardinho is a better coach than Luizomar. Of course Rexona had its merits during the whole preliminary round of the competition, of course Rexona had the right to host the final match. But it is unfair to give Finasa only 3 days to prepare for the most important match of the competition while Rexona had twice the time. It is unfair to set the place of the decision in Rio de Janeiro while the competition rules say the final match will be played in a neutral place.

Finasa has overcome the fact that they would have to play in Rio de Janeiro, they have overcome the fact that Rexona had twice the time to prepare for such match and they have almost overcome the fact that the referee was refusing to give Finasa all the points the team scored. The organization of the competition was clearly favouring Rexona. That goes without saying. In such a close battle among these two teams, some details helped Rexona to win the title in an unfair way. This is how Finasa's managers felt after the end of the 2008/2009 season of the Superliga. And that's why they protested by withdrawing their investiments of the Osasco's adult team.

Changing of subject, Thaísa, Natália and Camila Brait have signed a contract to play for the Osasco team in the next year. These players will join Carol and coach Luizomar in the Osasco team. I believe Osasco will be able to maintain almost the same team after almost having to close its doors.

• Changing of subject, Thaísa, Natália and Camila Brait have signed a contract to play for the Osasco team in the next year. These players will join Carol and coach Luizomar in the Osasco team. I believe Osasco will be able to maintain almost the same team after almost having to close its doors.

:lol: Congrats to Osasco. This is good that next season would still be competitive Cos at least there are still 2 super strong teams . :thumbsup:

• I don't think Globo or CBV helped Rexona win the competition...

I just think Globo loves to see Rexona win and that's why they're in favour of them, but what I mean by in favour is that they root for Rexona to win, just that.

The reason Finasa lost was the same reason Brazil took so long to win an important championship: they didn't play well in the decisive points.

• Even a fool can see that. Of course Bernardinho is a better coach than Luizomar. Of course Rexona had its merits during the whole preliminary round of the competition, of course Rexona had the right to host the final match. But it is unfair to give Finasa only 3 days to prepare for the most important match of the competition while Rexona had twice the time. It is unfair to set the place of the decision in Rio de Janeiro while the competition rules say the final match will be played in a neutral place.

Finasa has overcome the fact that they would have to play in Rio de Janeiro, they have overcome the fact that Rexona had twice the time to prepare for such match and they have almost overcome the fact that the referee was refusing to give Finasa all the points the team scored.

Although I said that I don't think that Globo or CBV did anything wrong in favor of Rexona, I can't help agreeing with this part of Celso's post. Plus the fact that they forgot to give Thaisa her trophy for best blocker and they also neglected some prizes for the Finasa players, who were very well in the statistics (like giving Fabi the best defense, she wasn't even in the top 10 of the statistics)...

Anyway, the coaches have asked CBV to change the final game back to a final play-off, because they are all extremely dissatisfied with deciding the title in just one game. Let's see if CBV will be in favour of the coaches themselves and change the thing back to the way it was, which was much better, by the way.

• Is Finasa Club closed? :(

• Is Finasa Club closed? :(

finasa will stop sponsoring just the adult team...but Osasco team will not end anymore, they have been searching for another sponsors..

• finasa will stop sponsoring just the adult team...but Osasco team will not end anymore, they have been searching for another sponsors..

Thank you so much. I was curious this issue. Because this news appeared in my country and volleyball clubs is closing my country. I'm so sorry when a club closed. ;(

• I just think that you should not say about something that you dont know....you are only based in a supporter point of view judgement....

I'm not saying that CBV or GLOBO did right or anything...I'm jsut saying that their atitudes or only to beneficiate themselfs...and never Rexona....

The reason the last game of Semifinal was one week late then Rexona game...was not cause they wanted to give more time to Rexona..of course not..was for the only fact that the game was Between Finasa x Sao Caetano..and had 7 olympic champions...and globo thought would be good for them to show...while Rexona match was against Brsque...if the Semifinal had been between Rexona x Sao cAetano...I'm sure the same would happen..if Globo thought would be interesting for them to show....was not cause was RExona...that is not the point...was cause they thought interesting to show 7 olympic players inside the court...in the end..they had to show Stock car...and that game was not even broadcast...but..the intention was that....

Of course that is worng..should had been the same time of preparation...and maybe was good for Rexona..that had more time....but definetly was not made to Rexona have any advantage....
    But..if you sleap better lieing to yourself thinking that things were made to make Rexona won all this years...is fine for me....

And to be honest..I think is easy to blame Globo and CBV now...I also do that...but the true is that...ALL TEAMS acept and signed a contract in the beggining of the league!!!!They should be the first to not acept such things....or the Teams get united for that...or things will be the same....the problem is tat in Brasil...the teams has not strengh....cause...they belong to sponsors...the only clubs that we have are Minas and Pinheiros...theya re the only ones you can go after something...the rest is just sponsors...so..if the sponsor ends...the team ends....so..is ahrder to go after someone to ask changings and everything...

• Joana, please, don't be silly. What I mentioned were the facts that made Finasa's managers pissed off. I am not trying to justify anything.
    Luckily I have no problems of insomnia so far, so don't worry about my sleepless nights!

• And to be honest..I think is easy to blame Globo and CBV now...I also do that...but the true is that...ALL TEAMS acept and signed a contract in the beggining of the league!!!!They should be the first to not acept such things....or the Teams get united for that...or things will be the same....the problem is tat in Brasil...the teams has not strengh....cause...they belong to sponsors...the only clubs that we have are Minas and Pinheiros...theya re the only ones you can go after something...the rest is just sponsors...so..if the sponsor ends...the team ends....so..is ahrder to go after someone to ask changings and everything...

:wavy: Hello Joana Can you tell me why Minas and Pinheiros without sponsors still can survive.

And from the rumors and news of the transfer for next season it seems Pinheiros will hire Elisangela. And reborn Osasco remains alomost all the 08-09 players.If Fabiana really goes to play in Italy and Sao Caetano still can not sign Sheilla. I think Osasco will probably win next season. :cup:

• :wavy: Hello Joana Can you tell me why Minas and Pinheiros without sponsors still can survive.

And from the rumors and news of the transfer for next season it seems Pinheiros will hire Elisangela. And reborn Osasco remains alomost all the 08-09 players.If Fabiana really goes to play in Italy and Sao Caetano still can not sign Sheilla. I think Osasco will probably win next season. :cup:

The thing is that both former Finasa and Rexona are teams from the sponsors. Such teams were formed by a partnership between the municipal authority and the sponsor. The city contributes with the sports facilities and the gymnasium and the sponsor is in charge of the costs of the team. MInas, Pinheiros and Sport Recife are very traditional Brazilian clubs, even without a strong sponsor, these clubs have volleyball team. If the sponsor is strong enough so that such teams can hire famous players, they play the Championship with a strong team, otherwise, even with a weak team, these teams will play the Brazilian Superliga the same way, just for the sake of taking part of the competition.

• The thing is that both former Finasa and Rexona are teams from the sponsors. Such teams were formed by a partnership between the municipal authority and the sponsor. The city contributes with the sports facilities and the gymnasium and the sponsor is in charge of the costs of the team. MInas, Pinheiros and Sport Recife are very traditional Brazilian clubs, even without a strong sponsor, these clubs have volleyball team. If the sponsor is strong enough so that such teams can hire famous players, they play the Championship with a strong team, otherwise, even with a weak team, these teams will play the Brazilian Superliga the same way, just for the sake of taking part of the competition.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. :kiss: