Brazilian League 2011/2012

• Me too, but still I have to admit I enjoy Brazilian league games much more than Russian.

Yes, its no fight, even if Brazil league was way level below, the matches would still be more entertaining, cause u know the crowd and evertyhing, all noises, its a party while it sounds like a funeral with army guys in the support in ugly, small indoor/basket courts in many matches in Russia...the intrest for volley is much higher in Brazil.

I know for ex. Goncharova complained about this, and that they really wanted more intrest, but that it was hard. I think it should be possible, I mean, if they can in Azerbadjan, why cant they create it in Russia?

• Yes, its no fight, even if Brazil league was way level below, the matches would still be more entertaining, cause u know the crowd and evertyhing, all noises, its a party while it sounds like a funeral with army guys in the support in ugly, small indoor/basket courts in many matches in Russia...the intrest for volley is much higher in Brazil.

I know for ex. Goncharova complained about this, and that they really wanted more intrest, but that it was hard. I think it should be possible, I mean, if they can in Azerbadjan, why cant they create it in Russia?

I have really big doubts about Azerbaijan, to be honest. About Goncharova's word - it's impossible to make more interest in Moscow, there's nothing to do about it. For some other cities the game gather a lot of attention and there's a good atmosphere around.
    I should have placed a bet today. Right from the start I was sure that Osasco gonna win it even then they were down. Adenizia and Jaqueline have shown high class. Not so much any of Unilever's players.

• I have really big doubts about Azerbaijan, to be honest. About Goncharova's word - it's impossible to make more interest in Moscow, there's nothing to do about it. For some other cities the game gather a lot of attention and there's a good atmosphere around.
    I should have placed a bet today. Right from the start I was sure that Osasco gonna win it even then they were down. Adenizia and Jaqueline have shown high class. Not so much any of Unilever's players.

I actually took a bet at Osasco today, 2.50 ;) But no big money hehe. Actually I support Rio more than Osasco so the result wasnt so great anyway. I think Sheila was the only one in Unilever that produced in attack, obviously its not enough...

• Congratulations to Osasco,hope they will continue to play so good and win playoffs!! Goooo Hooker! Gooooo Jacqe!

• Yesterday's match was really nice to watch!

I felt thrilled during the entire match. I believe Osasco has a better team than Unilever, but Bernardinho makes the difference and minimizes the gap between the two teams. On the other hand, I believe Sollys Osasco feels the pressure and they always commit much more mistakes than they usually do when they face Unilever.

The Osasco team have got all the 33 points they disputed in the 2nd half of the preliminary round. No team could win 2 sets against them after Fabiola and Hooker recovered. This is a very impressing record in my opinion.

The most important consequence of this 4-set victory is that Sollys is now the 1st ranked team of the preliminary round, which means that Unilever and Volei Futuro will battle in the semis. My hopes of a final match between Sollys Osasco and Volei Futuro are still alive.

The quarterfinal matches are already defined:

1 - SOLLYS OSASCO VS BMG SÃO BERNARDO

2 - UNILEVER RIO DE JANEIRO VS BANANA BOAT PRAIA CLUBE

3 - VOLEI FUTURO ARAÇATUBA VS MACKENZIE CIA DO TERNO

4 - USIMINAS MINAS TÊNIS CLUBE VS SESI SÃO PAULO

In my opinion the best matches to watch will be those between Minas and Sesi, Even though Praia Clube has beaten Volei Futuro in the tie-breaker last time both teams met, I believe the result of this other clash is quite predictable.

• Hey Guys,

only writting now cause yesterday I arrived home really late...

Honestly I dont think It was a quality game, It was not as bad as Unilever x VF, but still so many mistakes!

Unilever was doing ok till 9x3 in second set, after that the team come back being the team that played against VF! So many stupid balls, the block was unnexisted. All the time all Osasco attacks in position 4 were in positions between 3-4 of Unilever field, and the block over and over again glue to the stick!! I mean...

I think Valeksinha is not living a good moment...and honestly I would like to have seen Carol yesterday inside court.

Osasco growed in the match, but I felt Unilever had the control of the match all the time, when the team stopped making mistakes, they were the ones ruling it. Unilever arrived all sets till 11 points ahead, then the team just stopped! So I guess that is a good sign for Unilever, cause If they can manage to work out their own problems, I think they can be champions once again.

IF the tams dont grow till the end of season, I fell Zé Roberto will have really hard time training NT. JAqueline and Camila Brait are the only players I see right now in their best shape.

Anyway....now we will have the playoffs, for Unilever the only difference is acually that we will meet VF in semi and not Minas...but the final will be in Rio anyway (stupid rule from CBV, cause the court is nothing neutral if Unilever reaches the final, I mean, If we have OSasco x Unilever again in finals as I think It will happen, Osasco has no award for being first place! :S IT was the same in the last year that Osasco won 2009/2010, Unilever ended regular season 1rs, but had to play the final in Sao Paulo)

• BTW the was a big crowed in the gym yesterday, more then I expected cause of the time of the match. CBV site putted as 3700 only, but deifnetly It was more then that, cause the Gym clearly seemed to have more then half of their capacity full, so I would easily say there were more than 5000 people there!

• Well I agree with Joana... I'm not that fond of Unilever but they are making so many mistakes and it makes me worried about.
    You would think with players from NT that would be a much stronger team but there are so many individual mistakes...

Unilever is not receiving well and you can't blame only one because Valeskinha, Régis, Mari and even Fabi aren't that great. Venturini is not that young so you can clearly see sometimes it's hard for her to reach the ball but she has so many skills and she does her best to fix them.

I gotta praise Sollys because I thought they blocked and digged quite well yesterday. Brait did a great job on defense and even when Unilever got a single block Brait was there to dig the ball. Unilever had some good moments with Sheilla serving between Brait and Tandara and I thought Jucy was quite good spiking.

If I'm being honest maybe VF can be an easier opponent for Unilever than Sesi, if Sesi reaches the semifinal. Let's see what happens I guess Minas x Sesi will be interesting to watch.

• I was just watching that game again and I can understand why some Sollys fans says narrators praise most Unilever than Sollys. It was 9 x 3 to Unilever at second set. Sollys made 1 spike point (Ivna), 2 aces (Jaque), 2 blocks (Tandara, Adenizia), 3 mistakes (Valeskinha, Mari, Fernanda). So we are only talking about 3 mistakes and yet the narrator kept telling Sollys made points ALL of Unilever mistakes when in fact they didn't.

• Joana,

I am afraid you are wrong when it comes to the 2009/2010 edition of the Superliga. In the 2009/2010 edition of the Superliga, Sollys Osasco finished first and they faced Pinheiros in the semifinals. The other semifinal match was decided between Unilever and São Caetano. I remember pretty clearly that Sollys finished 1st. They have beaten Unilever twice in the preliminary round and again in the final match, and also twice in the South American Championship.

As for the match between Unilever and Sollys yesterday, the third set was also amazing. Unilever was leading 14-12 and Sollys came back with a 12-1 margin over Unilever to score 24-15. I believe that was when Sollys broke Unilever's spirit.

• I was just watching that game again and I can understand why some Sollys fans says narrators praise most Unilever than Sollys. It was 9 x 3 to Unilever at second set. Sollys made 1 spike point (Ivna), 2 aces (Jaque), 2 blocks (Tandara, Adenizia), 3 mistakes (Valeskinha, Mari, Fernanda). So we are only talking about 3 mistakes and yet the narrator kept telling Sollys made points ALL of Unilever mistakes when in fact they didn't.

I just didn't get your point vblover. You said Sollys had merits in scoring their points and narrators were telling that all the points were due to Unilever's mistakes.
    They are not giving credits to Sollys for their points but saying that they occur because of Unilevers mistakes. I don't think that not giving the merit for the team which deserves it is a way to praise this team. I believe your argument proves exactly the opposite.

• Joana,

I am afraid you are wrong when it comes to the 2009/2010 edition of the Superliga. In the 2009/2010 edition of the Superliga, Sollys Osasco finished first and they faced Pinheiros in the semifinals. The other semifinal match was decided between Unilever and São Caetano. I remember pretty clearly that Sollys finished 1st. They have beaten Unilever twice in the preliminary round and again in the final match, and also twice in the South American Championship.

As for the match between Unilever and Sollys yesterday, the third set was also amazing. Unilever was leading 14-12 and Sollys came back with a 12-1 margin over Unilever to score 24-15. I believe that was when Sollys broke Unilever's spirit.

Maybe I mistaked the year, or the case, but I remember Erika saying once that the rule sucked cause Unilever was fininshing first and had to play in São Paulo, that Im sure. ;) I imagined It was 2009/2010, cause It was the year the final was played in SP.

EDIT: I as thinking....The year you are talking about I think It was 2008/2009, that Unilever lost the last round, and Osasco ended first, after the match Paula said the Gold is ours, and the final match was in Maracanazinho, isnt it? Im almost sure we ended first in 2009/2010. But I cant say Im sure, cause I dont remember exacly..hehehehe

• 22º ROUND

Sesi-SP 3x0 Banana Boat/Praia Clube (25/18, 25/19, 25/22) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2127F.pdf
    MVP: Jéssica (Sesi-SP)

BMG/São Bernardo 3x1 Macaé/Sports (20/25, 25/23, 25/21, 25/18 ) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2128F.pdf
    MVP: Lia (BMG/São Bernardo)

Rio do Sul 1x3 Usiminas/Minas (22/25, 25/19, 14/25, 16/25) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2129F.pdf
    MVP: Natasha (Usiminas/Minas)

Mackenzie/Cia do Terno 1x3 Pinheiros (25/27, 25/14, 19/25, 24/26) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2130F.pdf
    MVP: Bárbara (Pinheiros)

São Caetano 0x3 Vôlei Futuro (22/25, 16/25, 16/25) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2131F.pdf
    MVP: Walewska (Vôlei Futuro)

Unilever 1x3 Sollys/Nestlé (25/18, 22/25, 19/25, 22/25) - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superliga/estatisticas/p2132F.pdf
    MVP: Jaqueline (Sollys Osasco)

QUARTERS:

Sollys Osasco (1) x BMG/São Bernardo (8)
    Unilever (2) x Mackenzie/Cia do Terno (7)
    Vôlei Futuro (3) x Praia Clube/Banan Boat (6)
    Usiminas Minas (4) x SESI-SP (5)

ALL MATCHES WILL BE BROADCASTED BY SPORTV!

• 1/4: all macthes broadcasted

1º ROUND:

12.03 – Sollys/Nestlé x BMG/São Bernardo, at 21h (1am CET), no José Liberatti, em Osasco (sP) SPORTV

13.03 – Mackenzie/Cia do Terno x Unilever, at 16h30 (20:30h CET), no Mackenzie, em Belo Horizonte (MG) SPORTV

13.03 – Vôlei Futuro x Banana Boat/Praia Clube, at 18h45 (22:45h CET), no Plácido Rocha, em Araçatuba (SP)SPORTV

13.03 – Usiminas/Minas x Sesi-SP, at 21h (1am CET), na Arena Vivo, em Belo Horizonte (MG) SPORTV

2º ROUND

16.03– BMG/São Bernardo x Sollys/Nestlé, at 18h45 (22:45h CET), no Baetão, em São Bernardo (SP) SPORTV

17.03 – Unilever x Mackenzie/Cia do Terno, at 10h (14h CET), no Maracanãzinho, no Rio de Janeiro (RJ) SPORTV

17.03 – Banana Boat/Praia Clube x Vôlei Futuro, at 12h (16h CET), no Praia Clube, em Uberlândia (MG) SPORTV

18.03 – Sesi-SP x Usiminas/Minas, at 14h20 (18:20h CET), na Vila Leopoldina, em São Paulo (SP) SPORTV

3º ROUND (IF NECESSARY)

19.03 – Sollys/Nestlé x BMG/São Bernardo, at 18h30 (22:30h CET), no José Liberatti, em Osasco (SP) SPORTV

19.03 – Unilever x Mackenzie/Cia do Terno, at 21h15 (1:15 CET), no Maracanãzinho, no Rio de Janeiro (RJ) SPORTV

20.03 – Vôlei Futuro x Banana Boat/Praia Clube, at 18h45 (22:45 CET), no Plácido Rocha, em Araçatuba (SP) SPORTV

20.03 – Usiminas/Minas x Sesi-SP, at 21h (1am CET), na Arena Vivo, em Belo Horizonte (MG) SPORTV

• Maybe I mistaked the year, or the case, but I remember Erika saying once that the rule sucked cause Unilever was fininshing first and had to play in São Paulo, that Im sure. ;) I imagined It was 2009/2010, cause It was the year the final was played in SP.

EDIT: I as thinking....The year you are talking about I think It was 2008/2009, that Unilever lost the last round, and Osasco ended first, after the match Paula said the Gold is ours, and the final match was in Maracanazinho, isnt it? Im almost sure we ended first in 2009/2010. But I cant say Im sure, cause I dont remember exacly..hehehehe

You know, Joana, I used to have a pretty good memory. Maybe age is coming and I am not able to remember these events, especially because they are very similar. Always Osasco vs. Rio de Janeiro deciding the title.

I was referring to the 2009/2010 season, when Sollys Osasco were the champions. They were champions in Ibirapuera Stadium. Besides, Paula was playing in Russia this year. Paula left the Osasco team after the 2008/2009 season. I was pretty sure the Osasco team finished first cause they have beaten Unilever in the 1st round with a five-set victory and then in the 2nd round in 4 sets. If Erika said that, then I must be the mistaken one. LOL!

• I just didn't get your point vblover. You said Sollys had merits in scoring their points and narrators were telling that all the points were due to Unilever's mistakes.
    They are not giving credits to Sollys for their points but saying that they occur because of Unilevers mistakes. I don't think that not giving the merit for the team which deserves it is a way to praise this team. I believe your argument proves exactly the opposite.

Well I had to read 3 times and I still don't get what you said and I think you didn't get what I said. I didn't mean the narrator was praising Sollys at all if that's what you got.

The narrator didn't praise Sollys at all but instead he kept telling Sollys was winning due to Unilever mistakes and that's my point. Why couldn't they praise Sollys when in fact Sollys scored more by their own merits than mistakes from Unilever? And yet he couldn't say some good words to Sollys and kept telling Sollys was only winning due to Unilever mistakes. But if it was the opposite way he would tell Unilever was doing great and not Sollys doing many mistakes.

• You know, Joana, I used to have a pretty good memory. Maybe age is coming and I am not able to remember these events, especially because they are very similar. Always Osasco vs. Rio de Janeiro deciding the title.

I was referring to the 2009/2010 season, when Sollys Osasco were the champions. They were champions in Ibirapuera Stadium. Besides, Paula was playing in Russia this year. Paula left the Osasco team after the 2008/2009 season. I was pretty sure the Osasco team finished first cause they have beaten Unilever in the 1st round with a five-set victory and then in the 2nd round in 4 sets. If Erika said that, then I must be the mistaken one. LOL!

:lol: YEs, but that It is what I was saying, 2008/2009, Unilever lost last round to OSasco, and Paula said that unfortunate thing of Ouro é nosso, and Osasco ended first that year. Unilever got São Caetano in semifinals, It was first year of Mari and Sheilla there..wasnt it? I dont remmember anymore eather..hehehe Then the year next I think Unilever ended first, but final was in Ibirapuera.

WEll anywya, It doesnt matter..hehehehe I was just trying to say I dont like this rule of NEUTRO gym, cause is never neutro!! hehehe I miss the time of 5 games finals!!! :( ;)

• I just found some informations about that.

In 2008/2009 season, in regular season Unilever was 1st with 24 wins and 2 losses while Osasco was 2nd with 20 wins and 5 losses.

In that season in playoffs, in final Unilever defeated Osasco 3-2 in Macacanazino(Rio).

In 2009/2010 season, in regular season both teams had 20 wins and 4 losses, but Unilever had better set ratio (66-16) than Osasco (64-20) so Unilever was 1st, Osasco 2nd.

But, in playoffs final, Osasco defeated Unilever 3-2, and the final was again play in Rio de Janeiro, in Maracanazinho hall!