Azerbaijan - Superleague 2009/2010

• Thanks for interesting in our league! There are 8 teams in Superliga!
    Azerrail Baku
    Lokomotiv Baku
    Rabita Baku
    Igtisadchi Baku
    Eczaci Ganja
    Transspor Ganja
    Gomruk
    Olympic Guba
    This past year the Superliga matches were very interesting. Of course it was not in the high quality as it was in AZERBAIJAN before,but it showed that time by time we will have better superleague.

There are many foreign players like Serbian Bojana Dugandzic(Tenerife),Emiliya Serafimova and Anna Milanova(Bulgaria),Belorussian and Kazakhstan setters Victoria hurava and Xeniya Iliuchenko,Ukrainian Lidiya dyachenko,Svetlana Obolonska,Serbian Sanja Starovic,other belorussian,ukrainian and Kazakhstan players.
    This year with foru teams we will fight in European Cups.i thik it will be interesting. I will try to find matches from the final round which were organised in four cities in four rounds! Thanks!

• Bulgarian team captain and setter Lyubka Debarliyeva and Tanja Sabkova transferred by Azerrail Baku. And Kremena Kamenova with Tsvetselina Zarkona moved to National Champion Rabita Baku.

• Bojana Doganjic renewed contract with National champion.
    Serbian national team libero Silvija Popovic and middle blocker Aleksanra Avramovic are in Rabita Baku.

• According to extratime.az Kseniya Kovalenko and Yelena Parkhomenko joined Oksana Mammadyarova in Lokomotiv Baku,which will take a part in Challange Cup! Lokomotiv Baku has reconstructed it`s new hall and base. They also transfered 4 Bulgarian National team players as captain setter Lyubka debarlieva,Tsvetselina Zarkova,Tania Sabkova and kremenova. They also signed with youth team players of Azerbaijan like Ayshan Abdulazimova,setter Anita Bredis. Their libero will be Sviatlana obolonska,Ukrainian ex National team player.
    Head coach is Aleksandr Chervyakov which is also assistant of Faig garayev in national team!
    Really good team!

• Mammadova's interview is out!!!
    And I'm sure you've read it already, SHABOVTA

ZiNTeR did great job taking and publishing an interview with Natalia Mammadova. And Natalia is very nice to answer all the questions her fan submitted on the http://www.dinamokrasnodar.ru website.

So far it is the best, most detailed and informative interview with Natalia I ever read.

The interview in Russian is available here:
    http://www.dinamokrasnodar.ru/publications/interwievs/2009/11/18/natalya-mammadova-razvernutoe-intervyu

Many thanks to Natalia Mammadova and ZiNTeR.

P.S. I'm working on English translation of the interview. I'll publish it on my blogs later.

• Canadian National Team middle-blocker Tasha Holness and Usa former team player Patrice Arrington (she played also in Japan,Zarechie Odintsovo,and in other European leagues) are in Igtisadchi Baku.

Akiko Hatakeyama,Japanese setter also signed with Igtisadchi Baku.

• For taking citizenship you do not have to be married with Azeri only,you may be given citizenship by our president if it is for interests of the State and its sport. Mammadova is very loved by our president Ilham Aliyev.

• Tell Me a little about her :rose:

Patrice Arrington - 5'9 Outside Hitter, # 7

Patrice Arrington is the five foot nine inch outside hitter for the United States Professional Volleyball League. Prior to signing with the USPV Dream Team, Arrington was a member of the USA National Team. She attended the University of Oklahoma where she earned her degree in sociology. Recently, Arrington was selected to represent National Girls and Women in Sports Day on Capitol Hill with the Women's Sports Foundation.

While attending the University of Oklahoma, Arrington made All-American, First Team for the All-Big 12, and Most Outstanding Female Athlete for the Sooners in 1997.She made the first team All-Conference during her sophomore and senior years, and second team her freshman year. She was honored with Big-8 Newcomer of the Year and made every All-Tournament team for each tournament played during her collegiate career. She was named Big-12 Player of the Week twice and a Sooner Scholar. She was All-Region during her freshman, sophomore and senior years. She was nationally ranked seventh in kills, all-time kill leader for Oklahoma University and second in the country for duo hitters.

Arrington was President of the Student Athlete Advisory Board for two years and President of the National Student Athlete Association. She received a scholarship to attend the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education.

Arrington is an amateur photographer and enjoys crossword puzzles. After her volleyball career, she plans to pursue a law degree. She is originally from Washington, DC and was born on May 7, 1976.