Edison Challange Cup 2010

• Well reception is really not something Russia is known for but I hope they could be at least decent at it especially that WC is near

• Wooow what a match between Italy and russia...a preview of what this WCH can be!

Though Italy lost 3x2, I'm happy the girls showed they are there, and they will fight eve if they are going with a lot of missing players! They seem to getting back to their normal shape! And For what I read Picci did really well, so I'm particulary happy for that! ^^

Congratulations to Russia, always very strong.

Italy 2x3 Russia (25/23, 15/25, 25/14, 22/25, 17/19)

• Russia - Italy 3:2 (23:25 25:15 14:25 25:22 19:17)

Italy: Lo Bianco 1, Del Core 15, Arrighetti 11, Ortolani 21, Piccinini 22, Gioli 19. Libero: Sirressi. Bosetti 1, Crisanti. (Di Iulio, Barcellini, Garzaro, Rondon, Arcangeli)

Russia: Perepelkina 9, Goncharova 15, Ulyakina 2, Borodakova 6, Gamova 31, Shashakova 12. Libero: Kryuchkova. Kosheleva 14, Startseva 3, Makhno. (Murtazaeva, Fateeva, Kabeshova, Merkulova)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• yeah!! artamonova, sokolova, plotinikova, morozova, tiourina

If you mean late 1990s to the early 2000s, then I don't think that the Russian reception was good. It was okay but not decent enough. I mean my point is that they are not known for good reception even then until now so there is nothing surprising if there OH and Liberos have reception errors. It has been that way for the past years. It is something that they are known for. When they played here in the Philippines Artomanova was the only one who was consistent in reception. Plotnikova had a hard time helping her out.

I have high hopes for Kosheleva though. I hope they let her and Goncharova receive a thousand jump serves and jump floats per day before the WC. (just kidding) :)

• If you mean late 1990s to the early 2000s, then I don't think that the Russian reception was good. It was okay but not decent enough. I mean my point is that they are not known for good reception even then until now so there is nothing surprising if there OH and Liberos have reception errors. It has been that way for the past years. It is something that they are known for. When they played here in the Philippines Artomanova was the only one who was consistent in reception. Plotnikova had a hard time helping her out.

I have high hopes for Kosheleva though. I hope they let her and Goncharova receive a thousand jump serves and jump floats per day before the WC. (just kidding) :)

in 2000 olympics tiourina is the number 2 or 3 in reception and in 2004 tiourina sokolova plotnikova in the Top 10.....
    plus sokolova won the best receiver award in 1999 World Cup if im not mistaken