Edison Challange Cup 2010

• It will happen in october in Alassio in Italy, the Edission Challange Cup.

4 teams will participate the tournament between 12-14 october: Itália, Russia, Poland and Croatia.

source: vivovolley.net

• Serbia tooks Poland place in this tournament.
    I don't know reasons.
    Program Edison Challenge Cup 2010

15.10: 17.00 Russia-Serbia 20.00 Italy-Croatia

16.10:15.00 Serbia-Croatia 18.00 Italy-Russia

17.10: 15.00 Russia-Croatia 18.00 Italy-Serbia

• Is there anyone who wants to go there??? I'd just like to know where to live... Alassio is too small and hotels are expensive... :wall:

• Barbolini called 15 names, yes for Cardullo, but no Costagrande! :S I dont know now if he will take her to WCH or not, cause it is really weird if he dont even test her one time. Without Costagrande, and with Italian girls not in their best moment right now, it will be really hard for Italy to try to arrive in semifinals.....but lets wait and see what happens....while that, well the 15 called were:

Setters: Lo Bianco e Rondon
    MB: Gioli, Arrighetti, Crisanti, Garzaro
    OH: Piccinini, Del Core, Di Iulio, Barcellini, Bosetti
    Opp: Ortolani
    Libero: Arcangeli, Cardullo, Sirressi

• No Costagrande? it'll be difficult for Italy at WCH...

and do you know if it will be on tv?

• Barbolini is so stubborn. Garzaro and Crisanti are okay, but can he swallow his pride and bring Anzanello so he can have a second/third option in the middle. I mean Gioli is not getting any younger and might be injured during the course of the WCH. It's sad that Costagrande looks to be out but I'm crossing my fingers that she is still under consideration

• Costagrande has physical problems and for Anzanello, none expected Barazza to be pregnant, so she wasn't in the final list given to FIVB...so he can't call her now. To be honest, our problems are not middle blockers, but hitters and libero, since Cardu is not 100% in good shape...

• Costagrande has physical problems and for Anzanello, none expected Barazza to be pregnant, so she wasn't in the final list given to FIVB...so he can't call her now. To be honest, our problems are not middle blockers, but hitters and libero, since Cardu is not 100% in good shape...

Thanks Giulia, for Costagrande explanation.

Italy is not very lucky this year. The team will depend to much in starting six formation. Lo Bianco, Piccinini, Del Core, Gioli....if Italy wants to go far they will have to play well, and they will have to play well all games.

For Anzanello situation, well I think maybe Italy could ask FIVB to put her in place of Barazza, as they did with Arcangelli in place of Merlo. But somehow I agree with you main problem of Italy is not MB, I think Arrighetti can fullfill very well Jennys place inside court. My only consern is if Piske or simona fell tired, get sick or anything....though know if Crisanti is that ready...but, lets hope for the best.

Now a lot responsability in the back of Piccinini, Del Core and Ortolani, cause Italy dont have many options in the group. I know it is important to think in future too, but maybe Barbolini thought to much in renovation. Having Ortolani, Rondon, Bosetti, Arrighetti is enough in the process. Slowly in less important years he could bring Barcellini, Garzaro and so on. But that is just my opinion. Its a shame that Costagrande wont be there. I prefer Italy playing with Picci and DEl Core, it is more Italy style of game, but it would be good to ahve a strong spiker as Costagrande there in any case. Also cause of the psicological part. The adversaries would enter and know that Italy had repleciments. I can tell, braislians were really scare with the possibility of Costagrande be there..hehe, and now they fell they already in semifinals (Though I would not discart Italy like that...:) )

Anyway, good luck to Italy. I hope they can find their best game till the WCH ^^

• Sorry for OT, but when you say ''brasilians'', you can't mean the players, right? Maybe only some of the fans but not the players. I mean I haven't heard any brasilian player commenting about Costagrande nor about being already in the semifinals. Nobody discarded Italy :) . Italy is a medal contender even without Costagrande , as Brasil is despite of loosing Mari and perhaps Paula Pequeno. I only remember Ze Roberto saying that having Costagrande is good for Italy and that she is almost complete volleyball player. :obey:

• Sorry for OT, but when you say ''brasilians'', you can't mean the players, right? Maybe only some of the fans but not the players. I mean I haven't heard any brasilian player commenting about Costagrande nor about being already in the semifinals. Nobody discarded Italy :) . Italy is a medal contender even without Costagrande , as Brasil is despite of loosing Mari and perhaps Paula Pequeno. I only remember Ze Roberto saying that having Costagrande is good for Italy and that she is almost complete volleyball player. :obey:

No no, not the players, the fans..hehehehe, sorry.

• thanks so much for the information.

damn! I don't have this channel on tv ;(

• Terzic will take these 14 players to Alassio:

Setter:MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ (OLIMPIJAKOS PIREJ, GRČKA) I ANA ANTONIJEVIĆ (KAN, FRANCUSKA).

Libero: SUZANA ĆEBIĆ (ZUL, NEMAČKA) I SILVIJA POPOVIĆ (RABITA BAKU, AZERBEJDŽAN).

MB:NATAŠA KRSMANOVIĆ (RABITA BAKU , AZERBEJDŽAN), MILENA RAŠIĆ (KAN , FRANCUSKA) I DRAGANA MARINKOVIĆ (KONELJANO, ITALIJA).

Opp and OH:JOVANA BRAKOČEVIĆ (EVERGRANDE, KINA), AMADEA DURAKOVIĆ (KAN,
    FRANCUSKA), SANJA MALAGURSKI (CRVENA ZVEZDA, BEOGRAD), JELENA NIKOLIĆ
    (VAKIFBANK GUNEŠ ISTANBUL, TURSKA), BRIŽITKA MOLNAR (PANATINAIKOS ATINA,
    GRČKA), JOVANA VESOVIĆ (DINAMO BUKUREŠT, RUMUNIJA) I JASNA MAJSTOROVIĆ
    (KONSTANCA, RUMUNIJA).

• where is Stefana Veljkovic??!
    Can anyone give us link for live stream?? pleaseee :wavy:

• OMG, Where is Stefana Veljkovic?