Brazilian League 2010/2011

• Its was the first award of Mari since she got back, so, that is really nice...nice that she is coming back, Unilever will need her a lot till the end.

The reported asked her what was the importance of her come back, and her game in this match.

She said: "I think it was a very important match, that was our first step on the way to the semifinal. I was happy that I won the trophee cause I was six mouths without playing, its a gift, and I hope to keep improving to help the team, cause we will need, cause each time will be harder and definetly we still have to improve a lot.

In this coming back this was your best match, did you fell well?

I'm felling well, I still have to improve the physical part, I have to win in "explosion" (is the term we use to say the moment the athlete make the first move to run), in jumping, I still didnt recover all the strengh of my leg, but Its already very good, I dont have any pain anymore in the knee, Im feeling really well.

Sheilla -

Rio de Janeiro made the game to become easier? Were you surprise with the performance? Congratulations.

No, I think it was more or less easy, its was not that easy, inside court that we know. We made some mistakes in moments we can not make it yet. The team still can keep a better regularity, we open in the score and let them to get closer, open again and let them come closer, we have to keep the hole time same rithym. But congrats to us, I think it was a game.....we ended it with a 3x0 victory over São Bernardo, that is a experient team, that has Katia, has Scott, and now is to go to Rio and try to close this serie in two matches.

Then the reporter asked Sheilla to talk about MAri, her come back, and now she getting back to her best, and that is a good reforce to the team.

For sure, she came back before anyone expected, that is excelent for us, she started playing before playoffs to get rithym of game, and slowly she will get better, that is normal, its something gradative her evolution. And Mari is excelent player, so for our team will always help more.

And then she asked the reporter if she could send a kiss.

"Kiss Vitor. Congratulations! Its was my brother's birthday yesterday. Bye"

And the reported ended saying, of course, she owns our transmition! :)

"

• Today, Jaqueline came back after her injury. I think she will not help Osasco a lot in this playoffs. But i hope she can be 100% soon.

• thanks dear :flower:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Congrats to Volei Futuro.Alisha Glass will come back soon?What is the last situation of her injury?

Joana, thanks for translation.

Unfortunetly no ömer. Volei Futuro released a note saying Glass wont play for the team anymore this season. Her doctor believes she still needs some weeks of physical terapy. So she even came back to Brasil to talk with the clb, but they released her to come back to Us and continue her treatment. So she is out of season.

• Quarters - 1st Game

Unilever, And Osasco, as everyone expected didnt have much problems in their game. Volei Futuro also didnt have any problem, witch is a bit durprising. Not Cause of Volei Futuro, cause they are a great team, and they are growing in this final fase, but cause of Macaé. This team really surprised everyone in first round, they showed really good level, but they could not play the same in this first quarter games, to many sillymistakes I think. They had a small problem with her first setter Camila Adão, some relantionship problem, there were rumors she could leave the team...well, she didnt leave, but she is now as second, and Macaé seems to have lost it a bit with that, as a team. But Volei Futuro played well and didnt let Macaé do much after second set (first set was more balanced).
    Minas I guess was the one the conquer a great result, is not easy to beat Pinheiros in their home, but Pinheiros didnt play well, and Minas did, specially middle blocker Natasha, and Herrera. Also Fawcett did well.

Second games will be this tuesday and thursday.

Results:

BMG/SÃO BERNARDO 0x3 UNILEVER (21-25, 10-25, 19-25) - STS.
    MVP: Mari

PINHEIROS/MACKENZIE 1x3 USIMINAS/MINAS (23-25, 14-25, 27-25, 20-25) - STS.
    MVP: Natasha

SOLLYS/OSASCO 3x0 BANANA BOAT/PRAIA CLUBE (25-22, 25-14, 25-18) - STS.

VÔLEI FUTURO 3x0 MACAÉ SPORTS (25-19, 25-19, 25-20) - STS.
    MVP: Paula Pequeno

Sorry I didnt watch Osasco game, so I dont know witch player was elected teh mvp of the game, maybe some other member here knows it ;)

• Unfortunetly no ömer. Volei Futuro released a note saying Glass wont play for the team anymore this season. Her doctor believes she still needs some weeks of physical terapy. So she even came back to Brasil to talk with the clb, but they released her to come back to Us and continue her treatment. So she is out of season.

Poor for her.Thank you, Joana.

• The Turkish fans (Ömer and me) is supporting Unilever :lol:

Go Sheilla go Unilever :super: :drink:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• The Turkish fans (Ömer and me) is supporting Unilever :lol:

Go Sheilla go Unilever :super: :drink:

:thumbup:

GReat guys!!! ;)

We already in semifinals, now we must wait the confronto between Pinheiros and Minas. Minas won the first match in Pinehiros, but lost the second one, in Minas, Pinheiros won 3x1. Now we must wait saturday, the third match to know who we will face in semi. Anyway, it wont be easy, but lets trust!!! :)

In name of all Unilever fans, thanks guys for your support! :drink:

• Hi everybody, I was watching some matches from QF and was a bit surprised with a player I've never heard before. Taisinha from Sao Bernardo. Even she is just 174 cm, she can jump a lot and has a lot of power... Sometimes when I was watching I thouhgt she was a men... then when camera was closer, I saw that she is very masculine...

Look this pic!:

• Hi everybody, I was watching some matches from QF and was a bit surprised with a player I've never heard before. Taisinha from Sao Bernardo. Even she is just 174 cm, she can jump a lot and has a lot of power... Sometimes when I was watching I thouhgt she was a men... then when camera was closer, I saw that she is very masculine...

Look this pic!:

Yes, Thaís is surprising as a player, the first time everyone payed attention on her she used to play in Pinheiros, about two seasons ago, she is impressive like you said, cause she can jump really high, and have a lot of power in her attack, though she is not tall.

Then last year, she had some problem, that actually no one understand really what happened till today, some serious problem with her family I think, I dont know, she just vanish, she didnt play many games for Pinheiros, and Pinheiros also didnt talk much, just said she was not playing...that she was in her home, in her city....no one knows for sure if she had some problem with teammates and staff or what. Anyway, when she came back, she appeared with her hair down, really like bold...no one understood!!!!!!!...I dont know if she had some problem or what....anyway, this season she came back playing, but no longer for Pinheiros, now in são Bernardo, and she looks like that.

No matter what she is a very good player for her high indeed.

• Unilever, Osasco and Vôlei Futuro qualified to semifinals! Minas and Pinheiros still have one game to decide

all them won their quarter finals series in two games. Now Osasco and Vôlei Futuro will meet in semi (REALLY INTERESTING MATCH), and Unilever is waitting to know who will face. Pinheiros wont the second match, and now they and Minas will play the third match tomorrow to decide....I would say that Pinheiros has an advantage, though they lost hteir first game at home, I think they will grow in this second one...but I would like to see Minas team passing...Im really enjoying see them playing...Fawcett, Herrera and Natasha are making a great season.

Yseterday Osasco had the come back of Jaqueline!!!That played the hole match, that is really good for them! Of course she is still not in her best shape, but she didnt play bad at all. Anyway, in the end she won the award of best of the game (more for stimulating of course), and she gave the award to Osasco phisical trainner. :)

Quarters: 2º Round

Unilever 3x0 São Bernardo (25-20, 25-16, 25-16) - STS.
    MVP: Dani Lins
    UNILEVER QUALIFIED

Usiminas/Minas 1x3 Pinheiros (26-24, 22-25, 18-25, 13-25) - STS.
    MVP: Ju Costa
    3º Round - tomorrow (saturday) - 21:30h (2:30h CET)

Praia Clube 0x3 Sollys Osasco (20-25, 22-25, 13-25) - STS.
    MVP: Jaqueline
    OSASCO QUALIFIED

Macaé Sports 1x3 Vôlei Futuro (19-25, 26-24, 30-32, 18-25) - STS.
    MVP: Ana Cristina
    VÔLEI FUTURO QUALIFIED

Semifinals:

Unilever x Pinheiros-Minas

Osasco x Vôlei Futuro

• Sportv made a new tv call for brasilian league, this time with the foreigner players...they called it: Brasilian league in different languages

Sykora is really funny! :lol: