Qualifications for the Youth European Championships 2011

• Very strong tournament for Petar Nenkov :thumbup:

• There was a fantastic game today in Sofia between Spain and Bulgaria - 3:2. After considerably boring, one sided matches in the tournament up to now, these two teems made a thrilling 5 set spectacle won by Spain in the 5th set 17:19. They made a unique number of blocks – 21!!! :obey: :obey: :obey: against 12 from Bulgaria witch ultimately made the difference!
    Finally both teems qualify for the ECH.

The other match Slovenia easily took the win over Croatia 3:0.

Here is the statistic: (from bgvolleyball.com)
    Bulgaria 2 - Spain 3

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/4548.htm

• Great tournament from Belgian boys team: they clinched 2nd place and qualification after today's 3-0 victory against England.
    As told before, they missed 3 best players (all outside hitters) during this tournament. Another outside hitter became ill during the tournament and had to be replaced by a libero.
    Nevertheless, they managed to qualify.

This proves once again that it's more important to have a solid preparation than individual talent (this team plays together throughout the year).
    That said, I hope they will enter the european championship at full strength.

In this pool, Germany took first place, Netherlands fails.
    In pool C, Finland and Poland qualify, Italy fails.
    No real surprises in other pools, it seems.

• Congratulations for the Belgian team :roll:

So Italy and Netherlands are out :huh: So are the Russian's girls...
    Well today no team is secure for the place. Volleyball is getting more and more unpredictable...

• The biggest surprise was Finland. They have a good senior NT but i don't know it they had a good result in youth or junior. It's nice to see that they want to be strong in the future.

Congratulations to Belgium too. This volleyball school is really nice and they are reaching good results. Maybe this can be used by other countries.

Italy and Netherlands were a disspointment. :white: :down:

• The biggest surprise was Finland. They have a good senior NT but i don't know it they had a good result in youth or junior. It's nice to see that they want to be strong in the future.

Actually they won the group, cause Polish YNT is unable to win in less than five sets (Romania is an exception :-) ). They won all matches, but in overall they had as many ponts as Finland, but worse set ratio.

• The end of Dutch volleyball is near :S Sorry for being overly dramatic

• Actually they won the group, cause Polish YNT is unable to win in less than five sets (Romania is an exception :-) ). They won all matches, but in overall they had as many ponts as Finland, but worse set ratio.

I think it was first time we qualified for the Youth EC since 1997. I have the mpression that we have quite solid team overall, no big stars or weak points in the team.