Russia - Superliga 2011/2012

• thx for the link !!! Hes a great person. Its time to write a biography for him :lol:

He did some time ago ;) It's available in English, look for Tomislav Birtic: Karpol - Lunatics, that's what I need.
    I have that book and I can recommend it to anyone...I think it was written in the late 90s/early 2000s, so it's not completely up to date, but still very interesting to read.

• He did some time ago ;) It's available in English, look for Tomislav Birtic: Karpol - Lunatics, that's what I need.
    I have that book and I can recommend it to anyone...I think it was written in the late 90s/early 2000s, so it's not completely up to date, but still very interesting to read.

thank you, I will try to get it. But of course it would be better if he could update it, especially after 2004 olympics I really would know his opinion and about other things which changed in russian league. Karpol is one of several people that I am looking for a biography :D

• Todays results:
    Omichka Omsk - Dinamo Krasnodar - 3:1 (25-20,18-25,25-22,25-20)
    Avtodor-Metar Chelyabinsk - Tyumen-TyumGU - 0:3 (22-25,20-25,20-25)
    Fakel Novy Urengoy - Severstal Cherepovets - 3:0 (28-26,25-21,25-21)
    Zarechie-Odintsovo - Uralochka Ekaterinburg - 2:3 (19-25,27-29,25-17,25-22,11-15)

Standings:
    1. Dinamo Kazan 43
    2. Uralochka Yekaterinburg 42
    3. Dinamo Moscow 39
    4. Omichka Omsk 37
    5. Dinamo Krasnodar 35
    6. Proton Balakovo 34
    7. Fakel Novy Urengoy 32
    8. Tyumen TyumGU 22
    9. Zarechie Odintsovo 21
    10. Severstal Cherepovets 17
    11. Samorodok Khabarovsk 11
    12. Avtodor-Metar Chelabinsk 9

• a few years ago there was a Russian player(her surname was Korobkova) playing for Karşıyaka in Turkey.I wonder if she is playing in Russia now or not?

Yes, Natalya Korobkova, she is OPP for Samorodok in Russian Superleague. But she isnt a starting player. Its a player I expekted to be better, and have a more succesfull carrer, than she have now.

• Clubs Zarechie Odintsovo, Omichka & Dinamo Kazan is intrested to buy Krasnodars setter Evgeniya Startseva.

For me, the most intresting with this news, if its true, is that Moscow isnt even intrested in Startseva :S and also its great to see some high ambitions from Omichka and Zarechie :)

Source: http://rsport.ru/volleyball/20120229/581758619.html

• Interview with Angelina Grun:

Serious and responsible, and at the same time cheerful and lively, attacking the German Angelina Grün continued to learn Russian. Flights and transfers do not interfere with the captain of the Moscow "Dynamo" to be always in fighting mood, and aptly joke.

- Angelina, when you arrived, everything was new. Now, after long part of the season, the difficulties encountered?

AG: Pre-Olympic season is always very difficult: a lot of games, the time between them is small. I guess I had not realized that Russia is so big ... Transfers take up a lot of time, accumulated fatigue. As a result, we have not always been able to show our best game. Now we do not participate in the League on the one hand, it is very unfortunate that we have not made their way to the next round, on the other - we now have the time anymore. Is the ending of the season, I hope that we have a little rest and will not do more earlier misses.

- All the commands you already know how to evaluate the Russian championship over time?

AG: I do not know, so it was always there, but I can say that the Russian Championship is very strong! Even against teams that are at the end of the tournament table and play very hard. Now I know, in Russia there are many good players, many of them do not appear in the team, their names and the names I hear for the first time, but they are well prepared - both physically and technically. To win easy against them is impossible, you can never relax!

- Russia - Moscow is not just how impressed u are of other cities?

AG: That's it! Parents, too, I ask, "Did you see the Khabarovsk?" Yes, I was there! There was also snow! And I really could not understand where I am in Moscow and Khabarovsk? (Laughs). We always try to prepare well for the game, and therefore time for the city to see there. So what can we traveled a lot, but our lives are not as interesting as it seems. (Laughs). Perhaps the Russians and could be from the bus window to distinguish one city from another, but to me it's hard! At first glance it is hard to understand ...

In-Khabarovsk route was not near, and even for technical reasons you are not playing in the main arena, and in the spare room. Was surprised that so long flown, and flown ...

AG: Well, sometimes, and so! In general, the situation was ridiculous: in the afternoon, when he was coaching in the hall, somewhere through the roof, dripping water, and frost at night - and dripping has ceased! (Laughs). But seriously, our work - in any condition to play well.

- Are you there has been recognized as the best player of the match. Despite the flight you were able to show a good result ...

AG: Well, I can say that we are well floated, rested during the flight, I had a good place where I could stretch my legs. Then we arrived, got into the rhythm and warmed up, work out. And it worked out!

- At one time you had a hand microtrauma, now healthy right?

AG: Yes, I have now removed the bandage, he interfered with me. When a difficult season, everyone has some small sores. Thank God, now all is well!

- Do you think there are any peculiarities in the Russian teams in relation to the German? Perhaps the nature of the game, and maybe for the organization ...

AG: Oh-oh! Five hours of this we can talk! Of course! All completely different! Volleyball, all alone, but everywhere there are the features. In short, the Russian girls are taller, but are slower than in Europe. As for the organization, I can only say about the "Dynamo": we have always just enough. We eat well, live well, club organization at the highest level, and this, of course, very nice! Now in Germany with that too heavy: not enough and Finance, and people who have it all so clearly can organize.

- You always stands on the site and the optimistic fervor, trying to make the team: it difficult to always be alert? How do you set up on the game itself?

AG: I'm captain or not, but I try always a good tune. I enjoy playing volleyball, and I need to feel very positive. I hope his spirit, too, I can help someone, but I most need it!

- I know you just returned from Cologne, where she spent a few days. What you asked a friend? Whether interested in Russia?

AG: It was very cool that I was released to go home! About my stay in Moscow, of course, we talked about. I was just visiting my friend, and friends I have not seen her for a long time. It was nice to see, I told them how I live here, all sorts of stories, anecdotes ...

- Jokes?

AG: I'm not against Russia, of course, laugh, just a lot of things happened to me during this time, and when I rasskazvayu stories, cases - like a joke!

- In an interview, you mentioned that you plan to meet with Johan Shopsom: a meeting place?

AG: Yes, when we played against the "Districts" Johan has come for the match with his girlfriend, he was still my boyfriend. We went to eat, a very good time. In Moscow, despite the fact that I have, and Johan's busy schedule, a cup of coffee to get uneasy.

- Of course, everyone always miss my family, but I know that your parents come to Moscow! The cultural program is planned?

AG: Cultural program? Oh! My mom always asks if I went to the Bolshoi Theater?! I'd love to, but still does not work! I still can not believe that parents are coming, so long as we do not plan, the more time I have not so much. I think it would be interesting to take a walk along the city ... Moscow probably has changed a lot since they were here. There are many different places, but for me it is essential that we were there together!

Source: http://vldinamo.ru/news/gruneang/

• Great u like it :)

Btw, here is a recent interview with Liuba Sokolova if u want to read (with Google Translate): http://rsport.ru/interview/20120301/582066473.html

I had read it...very interesting At first when the google translate the title I thought she would be out of qualification tournament, but then I read it properly, and realised she was talking about the teams, that there wont be easy teams.. :lol:

• why are Russia not able to bring up high levelled setters and middles?

I think MB´s is not a problem. Russia has Morozova, Borisenko, Perepelkina, Moroz etc, that is good players...but setter-position is a problem, and has always been since Kirilova for like 20 yrs. ago. I think some of the problem is that the playing style in Russia is not so "modern" and its much high balls to tall players, that is not so difficullt to do. So probably they underestimate the power of the setter a bit, and think they can rely on strong attackers. But I dont know, its just a guess. However, with Startseva I think Russia has potential to get a world class setter again.

• I think MB´s is not a problem. Russia has Morozova, Borisenko, Perepelkina, Moroz etc, that is good players...but setter-position is a problem, and has always been since Kirilova for like 20 yrs. ago. I think some of the problem is that the playing style in Russia is not so "modern" and its much high balls to tall players, that is not so difficullt to do. So probably they underestimate the power of the setter a bit, and think they can rely on strong attackers. But I dont know, its just a guess. However, with Startseva I think Russia has potential to get a world class setter again.

yes, it sounds logical.On Startseva: she seems to be a little different from the other Russian setters but to have a better opinion about her i have to watch her in club teams rather than in Russia Nt because in the Nt she plays with strong spikers as u said.And i think krillova is ukrainian ,true? so Russia have never had a real setter, omg! (lets wait and see what Startseva will do).Borisenko is no good at attacking,(good at blocking),Merkulova is a slow player in terms of blocking , not bad at attaking,Perepelkina is also ukrainian.Prepelkina and MOrozova are neither pure attacker nor pure blockers: so-so..Morozova might be good option for Russia though.

• I think Kirillova is Russian, but back then it still was USSR anyway. In the 90s the took Croatian citizenship and also played for CRO NT, but now she is Russian citizen again.

I think Borisenko improved a lot in attack in the last years. Also Morozova attacks quite well in club, in NT she hardly got set last year...

• ok thank Mattias.i thought Krillova was ukrainian.how old is borisenko? and could she really improve that much in a year??
    About Morozova, actually i dont have a certain opinion on how she attacks.i had watched her in the last WCH.