• 4th set

25-17 Rote Raben

3-1

Now golden set

• Golden set 15-7 for Schwerin !!!!

So, Finals:

Schwerin- Dresden

1st Match: on Wednesday in Schwerin :teach:

Golden Set was the opposite of the sets before...Rote Raben made a lot of mistakes, especially in reception. And some great serves by Hanke!

• 07. April 2012
    Dresden - Münster 3:0 (25:23 / 25:14 / 25:20)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2194.pdf
    MVP: Judith Pietersen / Linda Dörendahl

Vilsbiburg - Schwerin 3:1 (25:19 / 22:25 / 25:15 / 25:17), Golden Set: 7:15
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2193.pdf
    MVP: Mirjana Djuric / Denise Hanke

So the final is the same as last year...and I think it's the best final too. Congrats to Vilsbiburg for winning regular match but I'm glad that Schwerin reached the final in the end.

So the winner of final will play CL, the loser and Vilsbiburg will play CEV Cup, Münster and Hamburg will play Challenge Cup.

• Short summary of Vilsbiburg - Schwerin

Vilsbiburg served really well. 13 ACES !!!! They destroyed Schwerin's reception during 3 sets totally (the sets they won). Also a match full of unforced errors and long rallies.

It's a miracle to me how the match turned around in golden set. All of a sudden, it was Vilsbiburg making reception-errors and unforced errors...Maybe Schwerin could handle the pressure/nerves better?

Anyway, if Schwerin plays like today against Dresden, they have no chance at all !!!

• Short report about Dresden-Münster: http://www.mdr.de/sachsenspiegel/video49474.html

I have only sound :lol: :aww:

@ Matthias

What do you think about the Final...considering tactics and the shape both teams are in...?

• Very difficult to say because I haven't seen any full match of Dresden lately. I think concerning their potential both teams are equal, it will really depend on who has the better days and how they can control the opponent's strengths. For example when Suhl and Vilsbiburg managed to control Paty Thormann, Schwerin got into trouble. When Münster managed to control Pietersen and De Kruijf, Dresden got into trouble. But in the end both teams don't really have any real weaknesses, it will all depend on the shape during the matches.

• Very difficult to say because I haven't seen any full match of Dresden lately. I think concerning their potential both teams are equal, it will really depend on who has the better days and how they can control the opponent's strengths. For example when Suhl and Vilsbiburg managed to control Paty Thormann, Schwerin got into trouble. When Münster managed to control Pietersen and De Kruijf, Dresden got into trouble. But in the end both teams don't really have any real weaknesses, it will all depend on the shape during the matches.

Thank you for your opinion.

Like you, I didn't see a full match of Dresden lately, so difficult to say something about them :D

What surprised me today concerning Schwerin was their bad reception...not only Buijs but also Topic and even Thomsen...maybe Vilsbiburg served with full risk, and they were lucky making not many serve-errors, but it affected Schwerin's game alot. Thormann became useless as opposite, because she couldn't use her fast attack. Logically she got substituted for Retzlaff.

• Btw Jelinkova's absence today was due to a neck injury she suffered in training this morning :S
    The same newspaper article also says that it was obvious that Tzscherlich was still handicapped, already on Wednesday her knee was treated during the match and she was having problems all season. It could be a problem for Dresden if it gets worse and there is not much time to recover.

• Btw Jelinkova's absence today was due to a neck injury she suffered in training this morning :S
    The same newspaper article also says that it was obvious that Tzscherlich was still handicapped, already on Wednesday her knee was treated during the match and she was having problems all season. It could be a problem for Dresden if it gets worse and there is not much time to recover.

Hopefully Kerstin can play on Wednesday :drink: :drink:

• I'm pretty sure she will, it's just two more matches and it's the final of Championship so it's not the time for whining ;)

I just hope Guidetti will have the guts to use Dürr or Thomsen in Ankara if Tzscherlich still isn't recovered by then...

• I'm pretty sure she will, it's just two more matches and it's the final of Championship so it's not the time for whining ;)

I just hope Guidetti will have the guts to use Dürr or Thomsen in Ankara if Tzscherlich still isn't recovered by then...

He is not known for such surprises, but let's wait and see :win:

• The same newspaper article also says that it was obvious that Tzscherlich was still handicapped, already on Wednesday her knee was treated during the match and she was having problems all season. It could be a problem for Dresden if it gets worse and there is not much time to recover.

We were in Munster and Tzscherlich couldn't even walk normal, but she played whole match. I think she will play even with pain...

• I know it's a little bit early to ask,but is there a chance for a livestream of the final wednesday and saturday??

Unfortunately I don't think so :( There have never been live streams from Dresden and Schwerin this season so it's hard to imagine there will be one for the final...I'll let you know if something comes up.

• Dresden's Margon Arena is already sold out for Saturday's match.

Some transfer news:
    Lenka Dürr renewed her contract in Vilsbiburg for another year. Daniela Lanner Mapeli ends her career.

MB Julia Osterloh renewed her contract in Wiesbaden. Setter Lucia Kaiser leaves, due to continuous knee problems she'll probably play only in 2nd league. It's really a shame, she's a very talented setter.

• Lonneke Sloetjes renewed her contract in Münster for another year.

Great news for Münster :thumbup: The contracts of Cutura, Jelinkova, Dörendahl and some other players and also of coach Axel Büring also end after the season, I hope Münster can keep most of the current team. Axel Büring is coach there since almost 20 years so I'd be very surprised if he leaves.