2011 Pan American Games - Mexico, Guadalajara

• No Berg=no watch

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• USA is loosing, but all I can say is that Lloyd is a great setter! Busto did very good signing her, and I think she will have a great future for US team, definetly in good hands....honestly I think she is better than Alisha Glass and Spicer, she just need of course the experience.

• Jaque is already back to Brazil. She arrived this wednesday morning in São Paulo.

She said she will take her time to rest and enjoy the care of her mother, that will stay with her during this time. :)

thanks Joana :flower: :flower: :flower: Get well soon Jaque :rose:

• So Cuba is the first finalist 3x1 over USA (25-16, 25-17, 25-27, 25-21).

Good fight for american girls, and good come in for Klineman, definetly help a lot USA adding points. But Cuba was jsut to strong physicly comparing to this american team I guess.

Palacios was the biggets scorer with 25 points.

Apart the defeat I hope US team can win bronze medal tomorrow, cause they did show very good work this tournament. ^^

• Tough loss for this young American squad. They had their first real test in the tournament and Cuba is a pretty intimidating team to go up against when you're not accustomed to international play. Great to see them come back and fight hard in the last two sets after getting dominated in the first two. Lloyd indeed is a very good setter and a tremendous athlete. She can jump very well for her size and is a fantastic blocker. From what I read prior to this tournament, Busto was very pleased with her level of play and excited to have her for the season. I look forward to seeing how she performs this season as well as in the future with the NT. Klineman had a good showing. She looked like her heart was beating out of her chest when they did close ups on her but I think she will be a solid player at this level. Lichtman also impressed me with her all around game. Not sure what position she'll ultimately end up playing because she does so many skills well.

Cuba looks like they are slowly beginning to raise their level of play. They definitely have their meltdown moments but their passing has looked better this tournament and the improvement of Palacios, Giel and the emergence of Silva have boosted the team's play. If Brazil beats DR tonight, they are in for one heck of an emotional final.

• Brazil fought through Dominican Republic by 3-0 to the Gold final to face Cuba...

the scores are 25-19, 25-18, 25-23...the 3rd set is a great win from behind...

BRA

Dani Lins 3, Sheilla 10, Mari 11, Paula 9, Thaisa 6, Fabiana 8, Fabi L;
    Fe Garay 4, Tandara 3, Fabiola 0, Juciely 0

DOM

Echenique 2, Nunez 2, Cabral 12, De la Cruz 9, Rondon 2, Eve 4, Castillo L;
    Arias 3, Marte 2, Rivera 11, Binet 0;
    Burgos nil.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

Edited once, last by pappi ().

• Tomorrow (Guadalajara Time: -5GMT)

Bronze match:

18h USA x Dominican Rep.

Gold Medal match:

20h Brazil x Cuba

I think Record will broadcast both matches, so hoping to find links for u! ;)

• that would be great...thank you joanna...
    but i probably will miss the great final due to work tomorrow...hope there could be any record video for this.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• they didnt show the end of the first set, cause of tenis, but they will come back in second set with the volley match again.

Burak Sheilla is the one making the posts, she is making a blog for terra site telling the experience in Guadalajara.

• Great to see Fabiana in such fine form. I haven't seen her as emotionally involved in a match since the WCH against Russia. She was phenomenal at the net. Cuba just doesn't have the technical ability to keep the sets close enough to have a chance to really beat Brazil, but they are such incredible athletes it's always exciting to see their attacking prowess. I agree, they do seem to be playing better than earlier this year.

Don't like Cuban team's attitude especially Carcases. Maybe its because they're young??

• Great finish for the USA team. 7 players making their international debut.

Well deserved Bronze!

Indeed! Very deserved!

I must say I really became big fan of Lloyd and Gibbemeyer, they have so much to grow, but already very good players!

And Barboza today was just incredible!!!! I really like her game too, and she seems stronger in attack than before!

Dominican could not show theyr best this tournament, dont know to many ups and down, the players dont seem in their best shape. De La Cruz was the only one that really went to play for them.

Congratulations USA for the bronze medal!

• Match starts.

Brasil team looks like yellow angels hehe :lol:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"