Brazilian League 2012/2013

• Thanks for the updates joana! :drink: I can't wait to watch Logan Tom play in Rio! Its also exciting for me to see her and fofao play together after 10 years.

I'm really looking forward for the videos and pictures because where I'm from we don't usually have that much video coverage unless you as the cable provider for it. Thanks! God bless!

• Yes, this was went she was not felling conformable with the media over her..hehehehe

In the video she was talking in portuguese, she just asked the reporters not to talk in portuguese for now, cause she jus hast arrived in two days, so she is not felling comfortable to talk in portuguese still, though she said she can do it, so she prefers to talk in english for now with the press. ;)

She is a very reserved person, she does not like to be in spotlight and that must be respected (brazilians have difficulty to deal with that sometimes, cause we are not like that, most of us at least), but the important is that she plays a lot volleyball.

Bernardinho made many compliments for her today, she asked the reporters to understand she is not used to that attention, and said she just want to be like every other player. The staff was thinking about resting her, and she already said, no Im ready to play, he said she was running, taking care of herselve. She is not interested much in sponsor events and so on, she will do it If have to cause is part of the job, but she is there to play volleyball, and he thinks that focus and that posture will be important for the team.

• Tehre is still some matches to happen, but Carioca Semifinals will happen 05/10, most likelly between:

Fluminense x Volta Redonda
    Unilever x Botafogo (can be also UFRJ still, but very unlikely)

still not defined, but Unilever is probably going to play in Tijuca Tenis Clube, not in Maracanazinho, cause is to small tournament to rent Maracanazinho, but it will be the first Unilever match in the season so I expected to be quite full (If the time of the match helps)

• @ Joana

Btw just wondering what Paulista Games might mean? friendly tournament or etc. ?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• @ Joana

Bbtw just wondering what Paulista Games might mean?

You mean Campeonato Paulista? Paulista championship is the tournament that happens between the teams from São Paulo, It is a regional tournament.

The word Paulista we say for those that comes from São Paulo. ;)

• You mean Campeonato Paulista? Paulista championship is the tournament that happens between the teams from São Paulo, It is a regional tournament.

The word Paulista we say for those that comes from São Paulo. ;)

yes, thank you so much, everything is clear now. :flower:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• yes, thank you so much, everything is clear now. :flower:

And Carioca for the tournament with teams from Rio, Mineiro for the teams from Minas Gerais. ;)

they are not big tournaments, like I said regional ones, not much important. Paulista is the most important and the one with more press coverage cause it has more teams playing it, more teams that participate Brazilian main league. For example this season, from the 10 teams that will play Superliga, 6 are from São Paulo (Osasco, SESI, Campinas, Pinheiros, São Caetano and São Bernardo), so all of them are playing Paulista championship right now. ;)

• And Carioca for the tournament with teams from Rio, Mineiro for the teams from Minas Gerais. ;)

they are not big tournaments, like I said regional ones, not much important. Paulista is the most important and the one with more press coverage cause it has more teams playing it, more teams that participate Brazilian main league. For example this season, from the 10 teams that will play Superliga, 6 are from São Paulo (Osasco, SESI, Campinas, Pinheiros, São Caetano and São Bernardo), so all of them are playing Paulista championship right now. ;)

Thanks for nice explanation. ^^

• No, that does not happen all training, It was just yesterday, cause It was the day Logan presented. Initially her presentation would be together with the hole team, when there was an special event with the press...but since she had problems with the Visa she could not make it, and so the press stayed waiting for her arrival.
    But yesterday there was not special event, only the usual training from the team, so the press wanted to film and talk to Logan, and I guess she was also not expecting to have the press. At least not so much press. For that press that was the moment, the event of her presentation to the team, she will be one of the most important players in our league next season, and they wanted to make videos and interviews with her, for Logan It was just one normal training. and that was the problem. ;)

But at the end of the training everything was ok. ;)

Im pretty sure today was a empty and normal training for her and for the rest of the team. ^^

• Here there is another video from Sportv, nicer one. ;)

Fabi: (about the arrival of foreigner players in brazilian league "We had always good championships, but people ended it up going to other places cause of financial matters. And today we see a bigger search for our competition, so our league is really nice, each year someone new gets interested to come to Brazil, Logan herself had other possibilities, other proposals, but chose to be here in our league."

Bernardinho: "With Sarah's arrival, the argumentation is very intelligent, about why this and why that, so there is something, so you have a system that you uses for so long that you stop questioning yourself about it, you think it is a good system, when someone new arrives and make questions about it in a positive way, you make reflections about it and Im sure that with Logan will be the same."

• About the Paulista Championship:

This week we have the last games from the regular fase, and soon we will have defined the semifinals.

Osasco is leading the main fase, AMil Campinas and SESI will play wednesday to see who will end in second. Both teams will probably meet in semifinal, but who wins has the advantage to play more semifinal games home.

• Carioca Championship:

Semifinals 05/10

17h - Botafogo x Unilever (General Severiano)

19h - Volta Redonda x Fluminense (Laranjeiras)

Acording to some news Unilever will play in Botafogo gym! :S At 17h. So If it is true, all wrong, Botafogo gym is not very big I would say to have the first game of the season for Unilever, but since its 17h, a lot of people wont be able to go, since they will be at or leaving work! :wall: Perfect schedule :aww:

Anyway, Bernardinho will have teh hole group available for the game, as also Gabi will be back from the commitments with Junior NT.

• Thank you for all the videos and pictures :drink: :flower: