Potential Hall of Fame Inductees

• -----------------------------------------
    old generation
    -----------------------------------------

For Setter(s): Definitely fernanda venturini and irina kirillova. fernanda venturini was one of the front-runners for FIVB Best Player of the Century (along with Lang Ping ang Mireya Luis), which was eventually given to Regla Torres, a testament of her skills. Admittedly, i DON'T like her, especially her attitude, but she set the standard for setters. Irinia Kirillova is hands-down the BEST Russian setter ever.

For Middle Blocker: If there is one middle blocker deserving of the title, it's Ana Fernandez. With 3 Olympic gold medals and 1 bronze, 2 World Championship titles, several best blocker and spiker award, including a World Grand Prix MVP (2000), she's more than deserving.

For Outside Hitter(s): Motoko Obayashi and Regla Bell, unstoppable lefties. Also, does anyone still remember Caren Kemner?

middle generation

For Setter(s): Fofao and Feng Kun

Outside Hitters/Opposites: Taismary Aguero, Yevgeniya Artamonova

current generation

Outside Hitters/Oppostes: Ekaterina Gamova, Lioubov Sokolova, Sheilla Castro, Logan Tom, Saori Kimura, Destinee Hooker, Kim Yeon Koung. Marianne Steinbrecher was once on Sheilla Castro's level, but unfortunately, she's WAAAAYYYYY underperforming for the last 2 years.

Setters: The one closest to the older generations' skills is Takeshita, and why not? She, together with Kimura, resurrected the once bleeding Japanese team. People might crucify me for saying this but while Lo Bianco is a very consistent setter, I don't think she exhibit the same level as that of the older generation. Still, this is just an opinion and I might be wrong. The rest of the setters in the world exhibit the same type of plays, predictable and no combination plays.

Middle Bocker: This one is hard. Especially if compared to the current middles on the list (regla torres and magaly carvajal). I thought Fabiana Claudino will be "it" until she suddenly went downhill. Nancy Carillo has potential to be the next Regla Torres until she defected, before she fully mature. :pinch:

Libero: A LOT of possibilities. Stacey Sykora, Fabi (Brazil), Cardullo, Yuko Sano

FYI: Why do people bring Mireya Luis as a potential hall of fame inductee when she's already in it? :?:

• kim yeon-koung? i know she is playing exceptionally well but what if she get a career ending injury?

• kim yeon-koung? i know she is playing exceptionally well but what if she get a career ending injury?

well, hopefully it won't happen. anyhow, injury or not, her performance these past few years had been magnificent. she may lack the titles, but no one can deny that she's a world class athlete. she reminds me of obhayashi of japan.

• well, hopefully it won't happen. anyhow, injury or not, her performance these past few years had been magnificent. she may lack the titles, but no one can deny that she's a world class athlete. she reminds me of obhayashi of japan.

Regarding Caren Kemner yes i remember her but more than the skills it is the passion and intensity she brings to every game which is truly admirable :super: