Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• NEC has been eliminated in Group A as the winner of Toray-Saitama will get to 2 wins. NEC can match on points, but they can't match on wins.

Denso would prefer to have Saitama lose in <5 sets. They would only need to win 2 sets to get to 7 points, while Saitama could only get to 6 points.

Hisamitsu is now on the bubble and must win vs. Okayama to stay alive in Group B.

• Toray v Saitama has been one of the marquee match-ups this year. Exciting match tonight. Toray 2–1 Saitama advantage in regular round.

Sads for NEC. As much as they seem like a shell of their former team I started to enjoy them again. Shimamura and Yanagita resurrected themselves, the new setter kicks ass on defense, libero won me over, Aratani at middle-blocker. This squad had a rhythm I haven't seen in a couple years.

#GoGoNoSmilers :super:

• NoSmilers on QQ

• One of those tricky Watanabe up the middle plays :rose:

hope Okayama didn't messed up 1st and 2nd set

I see what you did there :)

• omg, not only a 5 setter but every set in overtime :dance6:

31–29 Hiisamitsu setter puts down 2 kills to win it. Damn southpaws

• Moe Sasaki is supposed to be a 30/60 girl. 20/40 isn't going to cut it. Everyone is doing their job except her :white: Okayama has the largest roster in the league. Don't they have anyone to replace her? I'd try Nishimura. She's a winner

• Group B

Team

W-L

Remaining Matches

JT
    Marvelous

1-1

Okayama Seagulls

0-0, 0-0, 0-0

Toyota

Autobody

Queenseis

1-1

Hisamitsu Springs

0-0, 0-0, 0-0

Okayama

Seagulls

1-0

Hisamitsu Springs

29-31-, 20-25, 16-7

JT Marvelous

0-0, 0-0, 0-0

Hisamitsu
    Springs
    0 0-1 Okayama Seagulls
    31-29, 25-20, 7-16

Toyota Autobody Queenseis
    0-0, 0-0, 0-0
  • Okayama can't win a match down 0–2 and they have lotsa trouble winning sets if they are down by 2 when it reaches 20. They have to solve those problems if they want to be a contender. Kaneda is almost there

• I just realized a bunch of scenarios could happen!!!

If HIS wins today, the winners of tomorrow could easily dictate who gets in. 5 setters are complicated.

Yeah, Hisamitsu could still win Gold :rolll:

It's crazy

• Yeah, Hisamitsu could still win Gold :rolll:

It's crazy

Right? One scenario where Hisamitsu enters semis (assuming they win today in 3/4):

1. JT wins tomorrow vs. Okayama in any no. sets & Hisamitsu wins vs Toyota in straight sets

2. JT wins tomorrow vs. Okayama in 3/4 & Hisamitsu wins in any no. sets

3. Okayama wins in any sets & Hisamitsu wins in 3 sets.

• what Nishimura can't do? girl isso amazing

She's great! But for Watanabe instead of Sasaki? Good thing I'm not the coach :rolll: