Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• Funada again as libero, last time was with JT too :heart:

She played set 2 as well

• I'm not sure about Furukawa over Yoshioka but Furukawa has her charm

• she need to work on the follow-up :gone: what's Yoshioka's stat?

she was 4/12 Aoi an is 8/20. There's that. But I was just really enjoying Yoshioka

• JTs are having fun serving at Aoi:gone:

I think it's cool. She's gotta learn. NoSmilers were never going to beat JT anyway

• Those NoSmiler kitchen sink endings :)

• Is the Empress Cup still happening next week or nah?

As far as I know, yeah

• 2020.12.06 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Toyota 3–1 PFU

25-22

25-12

25-21

75–55

YT

Denso 3–1 Kurobe

25-20

23-25

25-23

25-18

98–86

YT

SAGA 3–1 Saitama

25-22

21-25

25-19

25-20

96–86

YT

Hitachi 1–3 Toray

26-24

15-25

22-25

14-25

77–99

YT

JT 3–0 Okayama

34-32

25-9

25-17

84–58

YT

• I wish the VTV would let me screencap the live scoring play by play after the fact but it seems to allow for only the last set. It was interesting watching the end of set 1 go by against the NoSmilers. You could see the NoSmiler rotation each taking a couple swings starting at 23-23: Kaneda, Watanabe, Yoshioka, Kaneda, Watanabe. On the other side it was Druze -----------------> She took every swing but one from 23-23 until Momii's dunk at 32 all. That's bad for JT. Heed my warning :white:

• V.League is just being kind, but Himeji gets a pickup player highlight this week. #15 Aikiho Matsumoto. There's nothing in the reel worth seeing really, except to know what she looks like. She's a solid player, though. Batting 35%, high volume reception at 58%.

She's just hanging around. The deal here, though, with Himeji is that she should be the preexisting condition on the left and Saki Tanaka, who's kicking total ass, should be the preexisting condition on the right. That means the battle for 3rd spot should be between the Captain Riho Sadakane, Kanasugi (not a full time player) and the import Aliona Martiniuc. Martiniuc isn't playing much yet but if she works her way in it should be at the expense of the Captain--NOT Tanaka. That's a tricky situation.

Matsumoto ranks:

• Attack - 31st
    • /per set - 19th
    • Serve - 16th
    • Reception - 18th
    • Total Score - 12th

Himeji's double sub time is JT level good with Nao Horigome and Nana Magota; the libero is improving; the setter is average; Shiori Aratani is doing well blocking but pretty bad at scoring; two other MBs are average. You can see Himeji starting to feel like they belong, like Kurobe the past few weeks. Maybe it will translate into winning a match or two. They did just beat Kurobe. Toyota and SAGA coming up. I smell a winning streak :super:

• Empress's Cup Schedule

December 11, 2020

First Round:

Club Ehime v Tsukuba Daigaku

Ligare Sendai v Fukuoka University

Second Round (same day):

Himeji Victorina v NEC Red Rockets

Hisamitsu Springs v Hitachi Rivale

Toyota Auto Body Queenseis v PFU Blue Cats

Kurobe AquaFairies v Toray Arrows

GSS Tokyo Sunbeams v Denso Airybees

Saitama Ageo Medics v Gunma Bank Green Wings