Italian Men's NT 2022

• too bad Stefano didn't get the call, probably because of his injury.

He would be competitive amongst these opp candidates.

he should be the starting opp imo, but his injury is more serious than what it seems. Poor guy.

• too bad Stefano didn't get the call, probably because of his injury.

He would be competitive amongst these opp candidates.

Yeah, he did play in 5th-place matches only as a sub, so I don't think he's ready.

This opposite situation is interesting:

- Romano had terrible QF series against Modena, but he's decent in general;

- Stefani had great latter part of last season, then got injured on NT camp, then had nice season in Taranto, and then got injured once again;

- Bovolenta is fantastic in A2, but he's 19yo kiddo;

- Gironi played well after switching position to opposite, he may be De Giorgi's option nr 2;

- Rychlicki will be eligible since 2025, I think;

- Guzzo is really interesting talent from physical standpoint, but needs to find a club with regular playing time;

- Sala is nice, but I think he's physically very limited;

- Barotto (2005, huge guy over 210 cm) - MVP of ECH U18, but disappointing season in A3.

On the one hand, it looks much better than it seemed in 2021 (when Romano was A2-player/sub of Patry, Bovolenta didn't look like top-tier talent, Rychlicki wasn't Italian and Guzzo with Sala weren't even in U-21 NT, Stefani looked like he stagnated in his development) - on the other hand, right now only Romano is a stable option, and it's not like he's top-class opposite.

• Rychlicki/Romanò is the answer for the next year’s Olympic Games, but right now the best italian OPP is clearly Zaytsev. I know that it’s time to put the young guys in the spotlight, but Ivan is, with Nikolov and Ishikawa, my MVP of these Superlega playoffs.

• Rychlicki/Romanò is the answer for the next year’s Olympic Games, but right now the best italian OPP is clearly Zaytsev. I know that it’s time to put the young guys in the spotlight, but Ivan is, with Nikolov and Ishikawa, my MVP of these Superlega playoffs.

Yeah, but it's kind of obvious that De Giorgi prefers Romano to Zaytsev, and prefers anyone over Zaytsev as a sub, lol, so I didn't include him.

First week of VNL will be very interesting from perspective of Italy since De Giorgi said he will not use his starting players at the beginning of VNL. So we'll find out very soon what is De Giorgi's rotation on ~8-22 spots, and who's his 2nd opposite choice.