Italy - Superlega 2023/24

• Both Semeniuk and Plotnytskyi are good, humble players. I like them too.

The season with Travica, Atanasijevic, Sole, Colaci, Leon in the team was the worst. They all can be trouble makers on court when needed. Leon used to be OK when he's with Kazan. Leon gradually lost his patience and after no success in Superlega, 5 seasons in a row. The pressure of highest salary and criticism can easily change a person. Fortunately, he finally got Superlega champion before he left. And the last game was also one of his highlights.

i can assure you that Plotnytsky is all but humble. Still one of my favorites tho

• I'm a fan of Sir Safety. I simply don't like him as a player and his attitude on court. He's always annoyed about everything else but spiking and serving.

He's acts like he's too good to receive or waste a dive to try to save a ball.

N'Gapeth is a strong contender for the title... :rolll:

Anyway, congratulations to Perugia, amassing so much talent year after year finally paid it off.

It makes sense that León, after struggling during the season, got his groove back in the Scudetto series too, helping the team to get the better of an unyielding Monza. He was supposed to be the missing piece to make Perugia unbeatable and bring the Champions League in Umbria and he wasn't, but he's still leaving after a four trophies season.

On that, huge props to Angelo Lorenzetti: it's hard to beat a team with that much depth at every position, but he never let anyone get the upper hand when things got hotter and as in all modesty he stated, he summarized the work of the colleagues who have gone before him.

Hats off to Monza though, they did something immense and should be very proud of their season. It's a pity they didn't manage to rise a trophy, but sometimes that's just how it goes. Such a shame that Eccheli (what a great piece of coaching throughout the playoffs, especially against Trento) can't build on what his team achieved this season too, I would have loved to see some more of Cachopa, Galassi, Takahashi, Gaggini, Loeppky and Maar all together.

I'd like to spend a few words about Milano too: I think Monza outshined Piazza and his guys a little bit, but once again they showed how much of a well-coached and tough team they can be. After getting off a rough start without Porro, little by little they found their way back to a splendid Champions League berth, upsetting a very disappointing Trento. Not a super CEV Cup campaign, but similar to Monza it's almost impossible to have your cake and eat it too when you don't have a large roster.