You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 7:51am

Tomorrow against Sakhalin will play the youth team of Dynamo Kazan? :O Why?

Are you aware, how large the distance from Kazan to Sakhalin is? The last is directly Northern of Japan (!), so a not for the first time seen move by Kazan is, not to fly their stars this distance twice in short time...
Ok but this is a playoff match, not a regular game... in the regular season they played with the best team. isn't it in the playoffs? It's strange...

Kazan is known for often coldly calculating things - it suffices to win both home matches, and currently it looks like it will become 1:1 in sets in Sakhalin (match currently in progress)... so eventually they may take the away match nevertheless?

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 8:26am

Are you aware, how large the distance from Kazan to Sakhalin is? The last is directly Northern of Japan (!), so a not for the first time seen move by Kazan is, not to fly their stars this distance twice in short time...
Ok but this is a playoff match, not a regular game... in the regular season they played with the best team. isn't it in the playoffs? It's strange...

Kazan is known for often coldly calculating things - it suffices to win both home matches, and currently it looks like it will become 1:1 in sets in Sakhalin (match currently in progress)... so eventually they may take the away match nevertheless?
One more game for Kazan. Is that good for them?

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 9:58am

One more game for Kazan. Is that good for them?

It's their decision. That issue can be discussed for sure. And indeed, meanwhile Juchno Sakhalin won the away match in four sets.

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 11:37am

i think Moscow-Krasnoyarks will play the semifinals ? ...could Krasnoyarsk make a suprise ?
meso mi ra se beno...

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 5:09pm

i think Moscow-Krasnoyarks will play the semifinals ? ...could Krasnoyarsk make a suprise ?

Yes, semis are Moscow vs. Krasnoyarsk and Kazan vs. Ekaterinburg (starting at 25. March 2018 ).

In the league round first half Krasnoyarsk managed to defeat once Moscow, but than Moscow was not yet fully in the flow and no players of Krasnoyarsk were injured. In the last matches two Krasnoyarsk players were not fit and Krasnoyarsk performed much weaker. If they can get their players not fit again, they might have a chance, but Moscow is clear-cut favourite anyway.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "StefanS" (Mar 21st 2018, 10:28pm)

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 10:31pm

After round robin tournament for places 5 to 8 Zarechye Odinzovo is on place 5, Proton on 6, Leningradka St.Petersburg 7. and as after league round Jushno Sachalinsk 8. If they omit the second round robin tournament compared to previous season, Odinzovo is eligible to participate in CEV Challenge Cup, but will they do?

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Sunday, March 25th 2018, 5:44pm

Despite Krasnoyarsk won the first set in Moscow, the favourites of the capital won in four sets and lead now 1:0 the semi series. I doubt, that Kranoyarsk can do much in the next (their home) match.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Sunday, March 25th 2018, 6:42pm

Kazan won in three sets against Ekaterinburg in the first semi at home. Despite Vasileva is missing, the team of Karpol is too weak this season compared to previous ones, to make use of it - the two clear defeats against Minsk in CEV cup made this finally clear.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Thursday, March 29th 2018, 4:35pm

Kazan won easily the first two sets in Ekaterinburg and needs just one more to get into the finals and into the pool stage of the Champions League this way.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Thursday, March 29th 2018, 4:57pm

Yes, after three sets Kazan took the return match, the final and the CL pool stage tickets.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Friday, March 30th 2018, 3:23pm

After three sets similar course of match as in Moscow: Krasnoyarsk won the first, but Moscow leads now 1:2. No surprise to expect...

Friday, March 30th 2018, 6:10pm

As expected the final is Kazan vs Moscow. Let's see wether Moscow can save a mediocre season...
Anno Kotikova is duing pretty well as a Vasileva replacement.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 4:57pm

Tournament for places 5 to 8 ended today. After host Proton won clearly against leader Odintsovo yesterday, Odintsovo won today in fourth set against St.Petersburg and could secure fifth place against Saratov, i.e. is eligible to participate next season in CEV Challenge cup. Jushno Sakhalinsk finished as 7. and Leningradka as 8.

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 6:38pm

One of the most boring league in the world -no doubt

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 7:48am

For next season there is a new superleague team: Lokomotiv Kaliningrad (the former Königsberg):

http://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Latest…aliningrad.html

The roster sounds interesting, this team should be capable of playing in the middle of the league with chances to qualify for European Cups.

Monday, April 16th 2018, 8:42am

For next season there is a new superleague team: Lokomotiv Kaliningrad (the former Königsberg):

http://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Latest…aliningrad.html

The roster sounds interesting, this team should be capable of playing in the middle of the league with chances to qualify for European Cups.

Good news! Roster sounds good, but sad to see Voronkova leave Kazan...

Today the finals start. I think Kazan is a slight favorite even without Vasileva (assuming Kotikova can repeat the performance from the semis). Yenisey has the home advantage in the 3rd place playoffs (both teams won at home in regular season encounters), but they failed this season when it mattered (CL, Cup, Semis)...

Monday, April 16th 2018, 4:03pm

Yenisey won first game.

Safonova played pretty well considering that she played the whole season with Sakhalin. Uralochka's liberos again with reception problems...

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Monday, April 16th 2018, 9:00pm

And Moscow stunned Kazan at their home hall. As I expected, against the main rival the absence of Vasileva can prove fatal.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Monday, April 16th 2018, 9:06pm

By the way, Goncharova prolonged her like eternal felt contract with Mocscow for one more year (she is there since 2007 now). So there is no fun for Istanbul top clubs by getting a top opposite now...

Tuesday, April 17th 2018, 8:21pm

Moscow wins Russian championship ? or it is bets of 3 ?
meso mi ra se beno...