Transfer news

• hehe do you know if spasojevic plays just for this season in tenerife or also next season?..

haha, yeeah, maybe possible.. whole team of volero zurich will go to spanish league :D

• Icaro Palma ficha a la azerbayana Natalya Mammadova, una de las mejores receptoras de Europa
    Icaro Palma ha fichado hasta el final de esta temporada a la jugadora Natalya Mammadova, de Azerbayán, una de las mejores jugadoras de Europa, procedente del Volero Zurich (Suiza). Este nuevo fichaje del Icaro Palma supone un importante refuerzo para la plantilla del primer equipo, que en la próximas semanas luchará por lograr una plaza para la Champions League europea de la temporada 2008-2009.

Natalya Mammadova (2-12-84, Donetsk, Ucrania), de 1,95 m. de altura, ha sido en las últimas temporadas una de las jugadoras más brillantes de la Champions League europea, situándose entre las mejores anotadoras de esta competición continental entre los años 2005 y 2007.

Natalya Mammadova comenzó su carrera en equipos de Ucrania antes de jugar en 2001 en el Zrachje Odinzovo (Rusia). Su carrera profesional en equipos de gran nivel la comenzó en la temporada 2004-2005 en el Azerrail Baku VC (Azerbayán). En la siguiente temporada (05-06) fichó por el Volero Zurich (Suiza) con el que logró el título de campeón de la liga suiza, para regresar de nuevo al Azerrail Baku VC en la temporada 06-07. En febrero de 2007 fichó por el Bigmat Sanpaolo Chieri, de la liga A1 italiana, una de las competiciones de más alto nivel del voleibol profesional. Por último, en la presente temporada 2007-2008 ha jugado de nuevo en el Volero Zurich (Suiza).

Desde 2004 ha jugado en la selección nacional de Azerbayán, destacando su cuarto puesto logrado en el Campeonato de Europa de Croacia en 2005, así como su participación en 2006 en el Campeonato del Mundo de Japón y en el World Grand Prix, en el que fue la mejor anotadora en la ronda preliminar.

Tras su llegada a Mallorca la jugadora Natalya Mammadova realizará un chequeo médico en la clínica USP Palmaplanas, bajo la supervisión del Jefe de los Servicios Médicos del Icaro Palma, Dr. Antonio Gelabert.

Para el presidente del Icaro Palma, Carlos López, “el fichaje de Mammadova es una gran noticia para el club, puesto que supone el fichaje de una joven jugadora que ya ha demostrado un gran nivel en varios equipos europeos y en la Champions League, por lo que será un importante refuerzo para las decisivas semanas que ahora afrontamos en la competición”.

Así mismo, a través de esta nota informativa, el club comunica que ha llegado a un acuerdo para la rescisión del contrato de Ana Beatriz das Chagas, “Bia”.

http://www.cvicaro.com/index.php?id=21&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=167&tx_ttnews[backPid]=15&cHash=6360c7c3c3

• ^ thanks for the info... but i guess less than a 1/4 will understand the article :S

Well,I have made a manual translation of this article, Sorry for the mistakes my english isn't fluent, but I hope all the people can understand the main of the article

P.D. my first post....Hi Everybody!! :wavy:

Icaro Palma sign azerbaijani Natalya Mammadova, one of the best receivers of Europe.

Icaro Palma has signed until end of this season Natalya Mammadova, from Azerbaijan, one of the best players of Europe, coming from Volero Zurich (Switzerland). This new signing of Icaro Palma means an important reinforcement for the first team, which in the next weeks will fight for get a place to the next European Champions League 2008-2009.

Natalya Mammadova (2-12-84, Donetsk, Ucrania), height 1,95 m, has been in the last seasons one of the most brilliant players of the European Champions League, placing among the best scorers of this continental competition between 2005 and 2007.

Natalya Mammadova started your career in team from Ucrania.In 2001 she played in Zarechie Odintsovo (Rusia). Her professional career in teams of great level started in 2004-05 season in Azerrail Baku (Azerbaijan). Next season (05-06) signed for Volero Zurich (Switzerland) where she obtained the Swiss League Championship, then came back to Azerrail Baku again in 06-07 season. In February of 2007 signed for Bigmat Sanpaolo Chieri, from A1 Italian league, one of most high level competitions in professional volleyball. Last, in present season 2007-2008 she has played again in Volero Zurich (Switzerland).

Since 2004 she has played in Azerbaijan NT, standing out her fourth place, obtained in European Championship in Croacia in 2005, as well as her participation in World Championship in Japan in 2006 and in the World Grand Prix, where she was the best scorer in preliminary round.

After her arrival to Mallorca, player Natalya Mammadova will do a medical checkup in USP Palmaplanas clinic, under the supervision of Dr. Antonio Gelaber, medical service boss of Icaro Palma.

In Carlos López opinion, president of Icaro Palma, “the signing of Mammadova is a great news for the club, because it means the signing of a young player that she has
    already showed a great level in several European teams and in European Champions League, She will be an important reinforcement to decisive weeks that we face now in the competition”

In this way, with this informative note, the club communicate it has agreed the cancellation of the Ana Beatriz das Chagas, “Bia” contract.

• Thank you for information and translation :)

I'm so happy,cause i saw her smile :love:

I'm waiting new translations. :D
    What did she tell in press conference?

Why did Bia leave the team??

She will return to Volero next season,won't she?

• So I learned why Mammadova had left Volero.Cause she had problem with Ah Mow Santos :(

• Still no official announcement of Anja to Tenerife? That surprises me. Spain's superliga has a deadline for transfers (March 28, 2008 ). I have a bad feeling about Tenerife and Anja's eligibility for the play-offs now. Hopefully they were able to work out Anja's papers on time.

To spanish fans, any info would be appreciated.

• Still no official announcement of Anja to Tenerife? That surprises me. Spain's superliga has a deadline for transfers (March 28, 2008). I have a bad feeling about Tenerife and Anja's eligibility for the play-offs now. Hopefully they were able to work out Anja's papers on time.

To spanish fans, any info would be appreciated. :)

That's the reason why she won't come finally... :down:

• From azerisport.com:

As you may know Azerbaijani team volleyballer moved from Volero to Ikaro Palma. As azerisport.com reports Mammadova and another volleyballer Robin Ah Mow-Santos couldn't came in to agreement. Coach took decision to Robin and gave Mammadova to Spains.

• I friend of mine lives in Menorca...and this weekend had Menorca x Tenerife....some of his friends is from Menorca's staff...and they asked the new coach of Tenerife about Spasojevic....he told them that about her...is nothing decided yet....but that Tenerife is trying to bring her....is getting in touch and everything....but no for sures yet.....

And weird that Mammadova had problems with Ah Mow Santos...cause the american player semms to be ok...and fun...and everythign....but we never know....For me is always strange when to players of the same team don't go along...although is normal that this happens sometimes....hehe