Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• You are right, but LiB have nothing to loose now.
    I would have prefered Wiesbaden or Vilsbiburg in semi-final. We'll see, what will happen in Dresden :box: and next Saturday in Aachen :dance6: .

I'm very curious, what LiB will show us. Every time I thought "Now it's enough", they surprised me with new quality. :super:

I hope, Dresden prepaired match against Schwerin. :wavy:

Somehow this season is too predictable. Somehow I don't see Dresden as clear favorite. As for me, the result is very much unpredictable. Let's see if Waibl can motivate them with enough as has been problem in some important matches :whistle: :teach:

• Some news about Aachen:
    Their main sponsor STAWAG renewed their contract for next season.
    The special permission to play in their hall which is too low for DVL standards would normally expire after this season (same situation as in Suhl), but the club recently had a meeting with officials from DVL and from Aachen city and they are working on solutions for the future. The club will probably get the permission for their current hall for another season but the goal is either to find another hall or to have a new one built. After the success the team has achieved this season, having a suitable hall is the next necessary step for Aachen.

Potsdam team manager announced that Jessica Rivero is under contract for next season and they want to renew with Lucia Fresco and Nikola Radosova as well. Alberto Salomoni is expected to stay as coach and most of the team should stay too, the manager expects to sign 3-4 new players.

• Belien's blocking in the middle is incredibly good :obey: But Dresden's coverage is better. Otherwise Belien could have 10 blocks already.

Stoltenborg is so good at the net today, everyone knows when she'll play the 2nd ball but Dresden simply can't defend them :D

Aachen is playing well, but not like Wednesday. There are a couple of unforced amateur errors, if they'd leave them out they have a chance.

• It was clear that Dresden was the better technical team. They seemed nervous in the first set but once they settled into their game they were able to execute much better than Aachen. As Matthias said, Aachen at times made some very amateur errors, particularly Scott. She seems to be a good athlete but not a technically advanced player. Was impressed with Izquierdo's game. While I've seen her before, she does a lot of very good things and I definitely think she needs to be groomed for the NT ASAP. I also think Mikhailenko has talent. She definitely needs to play against a higher level and improve technically but I think she has a great arm swing, serve and power that could be developed into a very good OPP.

• Dresden - Aachen 3:1 (25:22, 20:25, 25:21, 25:20)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2518.pdf
    MVP: Lisa Izquierdo / Laura Weihenmaier

Both teams with many errors, but as TheUSAFAN already said, Dresden's best is clearly better than Aachen's best. I think in 4th set Rojko made a mistake with the double sub, he should have simply entered Stankova for Scott because her mistakes were really bad the longer the match lasted. Also Valachova not with her very best match and Belien couldn't get the ball down. Dresden with the luxury to have someone like Corina Ssuschke on bench who can replace either of the MBs and play a great game when it's necessary. All wing hitters of Dresden played well today too. The performances of Izquierdo and also of Laura Weihenmaier are a good sign for German NT as well, both are very powerful in attack despite not being tall players. Weihenmaier has improved her reception big time this season and she's also a very good blocker, today was not the first match where she proved it.

Tomorrow, 16.00 CET, also live on http://www.dvllive.tv (1 camera stream), first match of the other semifinal series Wiesbaden - Vilsbiburg.

• Congrats Dresden.

I agree with all: there was more possible for Aachen.

the opposite position is still the weak point for Aachen...both Scott and Stankova are very unstable. Aachen needs to transfer a good opposite for next season!

Also Valachkova had some problems in reception.

Next week, will be a very close match, because Aachen at home is a total different team :win:

• Wiesbaden - Vilsbiburg 0:3 (23:25, 21:25, 21:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2521.pdf
    MVP: Kaisa Alanko / Liana Mesa

Both teams were terrible in reception, but Vilsbiburg had Mesa and Bartsch who could also kill the difficult balls while Wiesbaden's attackers were not capable of that. Vilsbiburg was a little better than Wiesbaden in all elements and never seemed in any real danger throughout the whole match.

Next matches will be played next Saturday, both will be on http://www.dvllive.tv at least as 1 camera stream.

• Wiesbaden - Vilsbiburg 0:3 (23:25, 21:25, 21:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2521.pdf
    MVP: Kaisa Alanko / Liana Mesa

Both teams were terrible in reception, but Vilsbiburg had Mesa and Bartsch who could also kill the difficult balls while Wiesbaden's attackers were not capable of that. Vilsbiburg was a little better than Wiesbaden in all elements and never seemed in any real danger throughout the whole match.

Next matches will be played next Saturday, both will be on http://www.dvllive.tv at least as 1 camera stream.

Despite supporting a currently weaker team, I still not agree with having 2 mvps for each game (with all credit to the trying side). I think it diminishes the level of choice :teach:

• Good news: Volleystars Thüringen and DVL management could find a compromise about the 10.000€ fine (though Suhl's press release does not go into detail about it, just saying they found an acceptable solution). Thüringen apologised for awaking the impression that DVL's behaviour was the reason for not applying for a license when in fact the financial situation of the club was the reason. They are now working on solving the financial problems and are in talks with a potential new sponsor and they are checking the possibility of raising the ceiling of their hall so the requested 9m height would be reached. In accordance with DVL, Thüringen now applied for a license for next season after all.

I hope it will all turn out well, the club has been in 1st league for 10 years and always done well. Good to see that they were able to have good talks with DVL management after all the trouble 2 weeks ago :thumbup:

• I hope it will all turn out well, the club has been in 1st league for 10 years and always done well. Good to see that they were able to have good talks with DVL management after all the trouble 2 weeks ago :thumbup:

Very good. I always like it, when common sense prevails :teach:

• Apparently Stuttgart will have to build a completely new team for next season. Only Alessandra Jovy-Heusser will stay for sure, everyone else has already left or is likely to leave. Svenja Engelhardt might return to the USA to finish her studies, Debbie van Daelen who got a contract in Italian A2 for the end of this season will probably stay in Italy, even Stuttgart's own young players Pia Weiand and Lena Gschwendtner did not get new contracts :what:
    The club is in negotiations with American OPP Heather Meyers (last season in Wiesbaden) and a Brazilian MB.

• Good news for the Aachen-fans: the Saturday match will not be shown as 1 camera stream but as TV match on http://www.dvllive.tv :thumbsup:

The match is sold out since yesterday by the way :white:

:drink: :drink: :drink: