Champions League 2006/2007 - Playoffs/Final Four

• ZÜRICH WILL HOST WOMEN’S CHAMPIONS’ LEAGUE FINAL FOUR
    Following the thorough analysis of the applicant candidatures for the IECL women’s Final Four in terms of technical, sportive, as well as marketing and communications aspects, the CEV have finally decided to reward the organisation of the Final Four to Voléro ZÜRICH (SUI).
    Hence, Voléro ZÜRICH, second ranked of Pool B in the League Round, are directly qualified for the Final Four and do therefore not have to participate in the preceding play-off matches. Consequently, the best fourth ranked team of the playoffs will join the other eleven qualified teams in the 12-team playoff round. With eight points (match record 2-4) gathered in Pool B, DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) finish as the best fourth ranked team and will receive another chance of proving themselves in the highest ranked European Cups competition. The Final Four of the women’s will take place from 24-25 March 2007.

Matches
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. Hotel Cantur LAS PALMAS (ESP)
    DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) vs. Eczacibasi ISTANBUL (TUR)
    RC CANNES (FRA) vs. Winiary KALISZ (POL)
    Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) vs. Scavolini PESARO (ITA)
    Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) vs. Azerrail BAKU (AZE)
    Vakifbank Günes S. ISTANBUL (TUR) vs. Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA)

Schedule
    Wednesday 7 February 2007 (+/- 1 day): 1st play-off round home matches
    Wednesday 14 February 2007 (+/- 1 day): 1st play-off round away matches
    Wednesday 28 February 2007 (+/- 1 day): 2nd play-off round home matches
    Wednesday 7 March 2007 (+/- 1 day): 2nd play-off round away matches
    Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 March 2007: FINAL FOUR

• Quote from "Justyna"

Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) vs. Scavolini PESARO (ITA)

This will be a good one. Logan Tom and Milena Rosner on one side and Sheilla and Berg (backup setter for US National Team that Logan Tom plays on). I hope somebody records it :)

I don't know if I like the freebie that Volero gets. It is quite a jump to be automatically in the final 4. I like Volero though, their setter is the setter for the US National Team (I hope they play Scavolini and the US backup setter :) ) and their Libero is great.

• More coincidences......... Ze Roberto (Pesaro) first coach of Brazil - Claudio Lopez (Tenerife) second coach of Brazil - Mari and Sheila ( players of Brazil NT).

• I really don't understand the CEV.
    On the "champion's leagues rules" they said that no more than one team per country could reach the final 4... and with these play off 2 italien team and the two spanish team can reach it.

The winner of cannes / kaliz will meet the winer of Pesaro / tenerife on the second round of the play off.

The winner of moscou / las palmas will meet the winer of DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN / Eczacibasi ISTANBUL .
    And the winner of Bergamo / Baku will meet the winner of Jesi / Vakifbank istanbul.

• Quote from "Jo11"

I really don't understand the CEV.
    On the "champion's leagues rules" they said that no more than one team per country could reach the final 4... and with these play off 2 italien team and the two spanish team can reach it.

...not exactly...the rules will avoid that two teams from the same country will meet in the final match. :)

• ok then, I misunderstood!

But if Tenerife and las Palmas win everything they can meet in the final! :wink2:

So we will certainly have 2 italian team in the final 4, because I don't think that Cannes, kaliz, Tenerife, Baku or vakifbank could beat Bergamo, Jesi or pesaro.... But I really hope that Cannes will make it to the final 4.

On the rules didn't they said that on the play off they will avoid 2 team from the same pool to meet again?

Well I am really exciting about some match like tenerife/pesaro and of course CANNES / KALIZ!

• Quote from "Jo11"

But if Tenerife and las Palmas win everything they can meet in the final!

CEV will arrange semi-finals in a way that then they would have to play against each other, thus they can not meet in the final match :wink2:

Quote from "Jo11"

On the rules didn't they said that on the play off they will avoid 2 team from the same pool to meet again?

which are the teams that would meet again? :?:

• Tenerife and Kaliz can meet again if they win against Pesaro and Cannes.

I found that for the play off and final 4 :

1 Hotel Cantur LAS PALMAS - Dynamo MOSCOU
    2 Eczacibasi ISTANBUL - DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN
    3 Winiary KALISZ - RC CANNES
    4 Scavolini PESARO - Spar TENERIFE Marichal
    5 Azerrail BAKU - Foppapedretti BERGAMO
    6 Vini Monteschiavo JESI - Vakifbank Günes ISTANBUL

second play off round :

1 : winner 1 / winner 2
    2 : winner 3 / winner 4 (so kaliz and tenerife can meet again if they win)
    3 : winner 5 / winner 6

Final 4 :

Zurich / Winner 1 (Las palmas - Moscou - AMSTELVEEN - Eczacibasi)
    Winner 2 (Kaliz - Cannes - Tenerife - Pesaro) / winner 3 (Bergamo - Jesi - Vakifbank - Baku)

If the CEV don't change this schedules tenerife and Las Palmas could meet on the final. But maybe the CEV don't that think that Las Palmas could win over Moscou and reach the final 4 and the final.

• Following the total 48 matches in the women’s Indesit European Champions’ League 2006/07 League Round, five players received awards.

Best Scorer: Natalya Mammadova (Azerrail BAKU/AZE)
    Best Server: Anna Baranska (Winiary KALISZ/POL) :)
    Best Attacker: Ana Ibis Fernandez Valle (Spar TENERIFE Marichal/ESP)
    Best Blocker: Kseniya Kavalenka (Azerrail BAKU/AZE)
    Best Receiver: Valeriya Korotenko (Azerrail BAKU/AZE)

• Quote from "Justyna"

Best Server: Anna Baranska (Winiary KALISZ/POL) :)

:clap: :clap: interesting that all winners were from 2nd & 3rd place teams :wink2:

• Hey! I am so happy,

Cannes wins his first match of play off against Kaliz 3-0 25/23 25/22 25/19.

They just need a set to qualify for next round. But it will be difficult because Kaliz played bad tonight, and it will be an other match in poland.

By the way, Ravva make her comeback during this game, she plays only few points at the end of each set. She is really far from her best level but with her return, the team seems more confident.

• There are some surprise on this play off :
    The easy wins of Cannes and Martinus AMSTELVEEN against Kalisz and Eczacibasi ISTANBUL.
    Dinamo Moscou who only win in the fifth set at home against Las Palmas.
    Jesi that win 3/1 against Vakifbank Günes S. ISTANBUL but loose a set 25/7!!

Lets see what happen tomorow on the big matches between foppa/Baku and Tenerife/Pesaro.

• PLAY RADIO FOPPAPEDRETTI BERGAMO-AZERRAIL BAKU 3-0
    (25-11 25-17 25-16)
    Play Radio Foppapedretti Bergamo: Ortolani n.e., Gruen 14, Croce (L), Gujska n.e., Barazza 10, Barun n.e., Secolo 13, Sorokaite n.e., Paggi n.e., Piccinini 10, Lo Bianco 2, Poljak 13. All. Fenoglio
    Azerrail Baku: Zamanova 2, Guliyeva 6, Hurkova 8, Siminyagina n.e., Parkhomenko 3, Gasimova n.e., Mammadova 14, Mammadyarova 2, Korotenko (L), Yarmammadova. All. Garayev

• Did you see the match Tenerife - Pesaro ? :oops: :oops: If you see a group of people with the hair painted of blue and the faces with the Tenerife colours I was there ! :oops:

• ı wish ı could see THE MATCH.congratulatıons tenerife.nesli is the best scorer of the match and 4 aces.SHE IS THE BEST PLAYER OF EUROPE.

• Results
    Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) - Scavolini PESARO (ITA) 3:1 (25-13, 25-22, 20-25, 25-20)
    RC CANNES (FRA) - Winiary KALISZ (POL) 3:0 (25-23, 25-22, 25-19)
    Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA) - Azerrail BAKU (AZE) 3:0 (25-11, 25-17, 25-16)
    Vakifbank Günes S. ISTANBUL (TUR) - Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 1:3 (13-25, 18-25, 25-7, 13-25)
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) - Hotel Cantur LAS PALMAS (ESP) 3:2 (25-21, 17-25, 19-25, 25-21, 15-7)
    DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) - Eczacibasi ISTANBUL (TUR) 3:0 (28-26, 25-13, 27-25)

Further Match Schedule
    14.02.2007 EczacibasiISTANBUL (TUR) - DELA Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED)
    14.02.2007 AzerrailBAKU (AZE) - Foppapedretti BERGAMO (ITA)
    14.02.2007 Hotel Cantur LAS PALMAS (ESP) - Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS)
    14.02.2007 Scavolini PESARO (ITA) - Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP)
    15.02.2007 WiniaryKALISZ (POL) - RC CANNES (FRA)
    15.02.2007 Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) - Vakifbank Günes S. ISTANBUL (TUR)