The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• Thanks

Brasil is leading the 2nd set. Hoping for a 3-0

• I think they should put Thaisa in play rather than Fabiana in this match

• China leads Brazil 19-18 in second set

China vs Brazil

25 - 27

I am rooting for China on this match...... I wanna see a rematch of Olympic Volleyball golden match between China and USA circa 1984. YEHEY!!!!!!!! cmon China!!!!! :box:

• Brasil takes 2nd set 25-23!!

Please one more set! Im praying to God now!!!

• China vs Brazil
    25 - 27

good game...... I'm sure China still have the chance to win the third set. :bump:

• Brasil starts 3rd set 8-2

• I think China's chances are slipping away at this point...... oh well I'm still hoping miracle steps in.

• Sheilla is just unstoppable.

I think the reason why Brazil is soo amazing right at the moment lies on Fofao.

Notice it that when Fofao is not setting the ball, its almost always Brazil fails to get the point.

And whats even more amazing is that most of her sets are combination plays.

China's OH spikers are getting blocked...Li Juan needs to adjust.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If Brazil takes this game, im sure it will be easy for them to demolish USA.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Brasil winning the gold will be FOFAO's moment! Hope her team mates throw her on the air when they celebrate

Fofao is the greatest setter!

• fofao should be Brazil's trainer for the setters

• what are the reactions of the brazilians?? crying?

• Brazil demolished China 3-0

Brazil vs China

27 - 25
    25 - 22
    25 - 14

We will have a new Olympic Gold Medalist!

Gold Medal match USA vs Brazil
    Bronze Medal Match China vs Cuba

• Perfect record for Brasil

• WAYBACK: 2004 ATHENS OLYMPICS SEMIFINALS

Brazil 2 - 3 Russia (25-18 25-21 22-25 26-28 14-16)

Cuba 2 - 3 China (22-25 20-25 25-17 25-23 10-15)

PRESENT: 2008 BEIJING OLYMPICS SEMIFINALS

USA 3 - 0 Cuba (25-20 25-16 25-17)

Brazil 3 - 0 China (27-25 25-22 25-14)

- Athen's semifinals are 5-setters. And both are comeback victories.

- Beijing's semifinals are 3-setters.

--------------------------------------------------------

BRONZE MEDAL MATCH: CUBA vs CHINA

GOLD MEDAL MATCH: BRAZIL vs USA

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Aaand, also China is out.
    I was hoping for them to win, I have to be honest. But in the third set Brazil was invincible.
    Chinese girls did a good job, though. They fought really hard in the first two sets. Congrats to the Brazilian girls! :thumbup:

• Brazil is just on a different league. If it loses the final match, that would be the most upsetting thing that can ever happen to them. Based on their performances, the gold medal is the surest thing. I do not think that USA can beat them. In fact, I think that the finals match will be a three-setter unless Fofao is injured or Mari is injured and Sheila. But if things run smooth, they can finally have a taste of the gold medal. Congrats to them.

Congratulations to the coach for putting Mari-Sheila-Paula tandem on court together. Seems to be unstoppable!