The new Dela Martinus 2008/2009

• Joehoe!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dela girls won 3-2 from Perugia!!! Who had thought that!!!!! It was great to be there,tomorrow I will show you some pictures of the game.For now my foot and my throat are hurting..... :lol:
    They were really nervos but win the game!!!! Jippie! :cheesy:

• Joehoe!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dela girls won 3-2 from Perugia!!! Who had thought that!!!!! It was great to be there,tomorrow I will show you some pictures of the game.For now my foot and my throat are hurting..... :lol:
    They were really nervos but win the game!!!! Jippie! :cheesy:

Great result for Martinus!!!! I am happy about it....

Must had been weird to Kim and Van Tienen to play against them...hehehehe

• Both play some points but not much! It was great to see them again,and Chaine Staelens was there too. The girls were crazy at the end,I like them when they do dances,high fives etc. It was fun!

• Nobody was expecting something like this. Surprise-surprise, hehehe :thumbsup:

Of course, Perugia is still much stronger, first and fourth sets clearly show that. But today it was a victory of great fighting spirit, demonstrated by Martinus girls. They played with an intense will to win, always being able to come back to fight. I really enjoyed the second and third sets. Honestly, it was hard to believe to my eyes, that they can play like this. Caroline Wensink was so fast, again and again digging dead balls. Maret Grothues amazed me with strongest spikes. Never knew, she can attack so hard. Avital Selinger really tried to inspire the team. I don't remember him doing so delicate psychological work before. In some moments heating the team up, in other - bringing confidence. It really looked strange, compared to his usual laconicism. And it worked out!! :thumbup:

Kim Staelens looked dissapointed after the game. But, in a couple of minutes, she was already smiling, giving the interview together with her sister and Avital. If I'm not wrong, he told, that Kim is anyway the best :D

Congratulations to all fans! Not only with the result, but with a great and pleasant to watch game! :win:

:dance6: :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: :dance6:

• You were right,Perugia was stronger but they fight till dead,could I say that? Caroline was amazing, defence and passing, always good,talking to the youngsters.Amazing.
    I knew Maret,but she was very nervos at the beginning,she told me. Hits the block over and over again. But then she realized,that they were playing good, and could win, and the nerves were over.
    And Robin, blocking,blocking and blocking. Wauw, she was good!
    But Anne......... mmmmm, much to nervos, you could see it to her face. But's she's young and still learning a lot,next game she will be there again.
    It was fun, there were more people then I expited,and we have enjoyed the game. Kim was disappointed,I understand ,and I heard it on the television.
    The spirit in the team,that was the point. When they arrived at the hal,they were parking next to us,and they laughing,joking etc. Lovely to hear, they helped me into the hal,funny.... :obey: and told me were I could stay with my wheelchair!
    After the game I'd spoken to Maret,Robin and Caroline,nice to hear them talking about the winning game. They were exciting.

Marieke

• 1.Sliedrecht Sport 8-18
    2.Dela Martinus 8-18
    3.Heutink Pollux 8-17
    4.AMVJ 7-14
    5.VC Weert 7-12
    6.Dros Alterno 8-6
    7.Longa'59 8-6
    8.GTI Nesselande 8-2

The Dela girls are back to earth.... :cheesy: They had fun after the game and it was late when they gone home.. :dance4:
    But today the next game,and what a game,they play tonight against Heutink Pollux

Today the following games:

AMVJ-Sliedrecht Sport
    Heutink Pollux-Dela Martinus
    Longa'59-VC Weert
    Dros Alterno-GTI Nesselande

• Great photos Marieke!! :thumbsup: I cannot believe Martinus was victorious over Perugia. Must have been an awesome match! Maybe someone will post it on multimedia section.

• 1 Dela Martinus 9-21
    2 Sliedrecht Sport 9-18
    3 AMVJ 8-17
    4 Heutink-Pollux 9-17
    5 VC Weert 8-14
    6 Dros/Alterno 9-9
    7 Longa '59 9-7
    8 Nesselande 9-2

29 Nov. : AMVJ- Dela Martinus. I will try to go to that match!

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img293/avitalencarolineql3

• :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yeah, baby!!!! :cup: Things are getting fair!

Caroline Wensink became a universal player. Starting from a middle blocker she turned into diagonal and today she is an outside hitter with good reception :thumbup:

Now, the most intriguing for me - who will be the coach of Dutch National Team :serve:

• I saw that too. She was diagonal but always on reception! That's the diference with Manon. Caroline is playing for the team and she is super! And Anne and Maret are wonderfull hitters so they can spike al the points together. Great thought of Avital... :teach:

Who will be the coach of the NT? I hope I know the answer. There are many people and players who wanted Avital and I think he will be the coach. In May they will be training again,so they have time, and Avital has the time to learn the girls the big points.

• Oepsie: I read an interview today with Ron Zwerver, the coach of Nesselande men,where he talks about Avital and his father. He said: Avital takes 3,5 years to train the NT to where they now were,top of the world. And now,with the new team,he shows his great talent again!
    He said: the players have to protested against a new coach of the NT. The must say that they won't play in the NT if Avital is not the coach. That's the spirit!
    Will continue...

• I agree!!

Matches for this weekend:

Nesselande-AMVJ
    Sliedrecht Sport-Longa'59
    VC Weert-Heutink Pollux
    Dela Martinus-Dros Alterno

And on Sunday: AMVJ-VC Weert

After this weekend all the clubs have played 10 matches.Who will be the no. 1?