Abu Dhabi International Women’s Volleyball Cup 2009

• i dont think UAE would like to organise this tournament any more, for this year at least.

last week, UAE had just given up holding the 1st world club championship on consideration of the negative effect of world financial crisis.
    do you guys think they would be so generous to give a much bigger bonus to feed the participants ????

abu dahbi tournament is not even mentioned in most of the NTs game schedule for this year.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• i searched for news about this tournament in local newspapers here and arabic websites and the result is nothing!! which indicates that there wont be a tournament this year. Just to be more sure about it i called the UAE volleyball Federation and the host club Aljazeera and both confirmed to me that there will be no tournament this year and it is unknown if it will be held next year. :thumbdown:

If i hear or read any news i will let u guys know. :)

Prediction Games:
    Gold Medal - World League 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2011
    Gold Medal- Women's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Grand Prix 2010

• i searched for news about this tournament in local newspapers here and arabic websites and the result is nothing!! which indicates that there wont be a tournament this year. Just to be more sure about it i called the UAE volleyball Federation and the host club Aljazeera and both confirmed to me that there will be no tournament this year and it is unknown if it will be held next year. :thumbdown:

Thank you for the information. I hope it is only one year break and we'll see Abu Dhabi Cup in 2010 (:

thank you,Mainframe

• oh it's a big shame I really enjoyed last year's edition :down: